The Dryads

Paw

The Dryads

Post by Paw » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:07 am

The enchanted Dryads are the daughters of the Night Elf demigod, Cenarius. The playful, frolicking creatures vaguely resemble centaurs (their cursed cousins), but have bodies more akin to woodland fawns. They are swift and sure and are at peace with all of the children of the forest. Though they abhor unnecessary violence, the Dryads will defend the wildlands of Kalimdor with their lives if need be.

Most dryads remain in the forests, frolicking with the animals, dancing in the rain, and occasionally bringing nature’s wrath onto their enemies. Some dryads, however, leave their forests and become adventurers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
They hurl their spears at close range (most dryads carry five or six spears), closing to melee when they run out of ammunition. In a serious engagement, one or two dryads flee to summon help from ancients, keepers of the grove or night elves, while the others delay their opponents. A dryad’s magical nature coats her weapons with a painful and debilitating poison. Dryads attempt to weaken their enemies to the point where their gear weighs them down, forcing them to move slowly and making them vulnerable.

Sinrek

Re: The Dryads

Post by Sinrek » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:52 pm

If I remember correctly, one specific tauren gives out a quest to actually kill dryads in Ashenvale Forest for a mere vial and I know druids should be picking this up anyway consequently too.

After all these facts checked will anyone else be speaking "horde's the good guys here, you just don't understand'em"?

Bloodthirsty brutes, nothing more. You reap what you sow.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:51 pm

It is not so simple as black and white, Sinkek!
The horde had a rough past and most of them knew only constant war. It is not so easy to change their ways but that is what Thrall is working on. You should keep an open eye. Don't fall into predjudice for that dulls you from seeing the present.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:51 pm

Paw wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:51 pm
… Sinkek!
crying_turtle
Paw wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:51 pm
The horde had a rough past and most of them knew only constant war. It is not so easy to change their ways but that is what Thrall is working on. You should keep an open eye. Don't fall into predjudice for that dulls you from seeing the present.
So you sayin' that it's "ok" to kill those who protect the nature itself and pillage everything you can just because "they used to it" argument? scared_turtle

As an apologetics for Thrall's wisdom - he doesn't go into the open war with Alliance, however his methods for settling over the Durotar is kinda … questionable.

Example here for RL would be americans. I digress however.
Asking for a vial would hardly be more difficult than killing dryads.

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 am

Sorry, Sinrek! I misspelled in my haste.

I offer you my insight on what I think in deatail now however in exhange of your pardon for my previous mistake.

Here is the quest.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?quest=1195

If you look at it then you notice that it doesn't ask you to kill them. A blizzard employee decided to leave you with only that option and that is their method in most cases in this game. They don't follow the story entirelly, nor do they represent how it would play out in a real scinario and their methods are even more brutal at places than neccesairy. They manipulated its story to their liking and lost track of the nature of the lore. A tauren wouldn't ask you to kill for a mere phial according to their tale. Blizzard is a huge corporation afterall that runs on money and their sponsors evidently care more about productivity than credibility. It doesn't change the fact though that there are many in the horde who are savage in nature. The trolls lived as wild beasts. To them that had been considered life. The orcs even though once noble were manipulated to act vile. They lost their ansestral homeland where they lived in peace and harmony before Kil'Jaeden's planted the seeds of his evil scheme. Thus many of them fell afar from their old ways and turned to bloodrage. The Forsaken were simple peasants and merchants who lost their sanity after the cruel and to them at the time unthinkable plot of Kel'Thuzad and his cult of the damned's. As did the blood elves had after having laid their milennias long lasting majestic kingdom by the Scourge under Arthas' hands. It was only the tauren who had relative peace before these times who still have their homeland and weren't dealt such cruel fate as the other three.
So you could cut them some slack because they aren't innatively evil. Some are but that has been always the case. It is just a few that stirr things up and then the simple minded follow. As of now they wish to build such a society for the horde under the rule of Thrall and the alliance is by far from faults either. The human society is full of deceit and political plotting. The gnomes and dwarves tend to overexert nature's rescourses and they lay waste through their excavations and innovations and don't forget that it was the elves pride and reckless use of magic that brought Sargeras to Azeroth in the first place. Not to mention Malfurion's ignorant behaviour towards Illidan that eventually lead to so much chaos.
Every coin has two sides.
You know. In life you must find the ones you can trust. You can not trust or distrust anyone based on your predjudice for that might very well just differ from reality. Not all orcs are as Thrall, nor does Cairne trust the entire orcish society but he trusts Thrall and put his faith into him for he is strong and willing to discipline his people even with force if he deems neccesairy. So did Jaina. So did Grommash and Drek'Thar, Vol'jin. Fate is a mysterious thing that keeps changing our paths and you can only build your present if you keep your eyes open for if you feed from the past only then you might end up like Sylvanas whose zeal for revenge overshadowed her mind and sanity. Forgetting the really important aspects of life which is love, camaradiere and the like.

Explain it to me what was it that you found disturbing regarding Thralls decisions as he claimed Durotar for the orcs for I believe he had to act harshly even though I don't know the circumstances but I know that desperate means require desperate measures and that his intentions are of purity. However again. I don't know the details but if you wanna investigate it together then englighten me! I'd gladly accompany you on the journey.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 pm

The quest is indeed doesn't require you directly to go and kill dryads and yet the only source of that vial for horde players to obtain is by killing dryads! Sure thing, it's a game mechanics, however exactly this mechanic is actually imply you go and kill the opposing faction allies and therefore you indirectly MUST go and kill the representatives of the nature itself according to the Lore you've posted yourself.

Besides killing sentient beings and just plundering their territories one quest explcitly directs players for a pure genocide.
Enroachment.

Suffice to say that orcs find nothing bad in getting onto someone's lands, killing locals with superior forces and weapons and claiming what they need with no regrets. Just like first settlers in America did.

Paw

Post by Paw » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:27 am

You still seem to disagree with me. Anyhow I can't tell you more then what I have already told you in my previous message.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Let's put it this way - horde is a bunch of bloodthirsty murderers and plunderers, which I agree on, however horde has taurens, who by their nature are more survivalists than conquerers, which would contrast other races out, except trolls may be.

So it's agreement on disagreeing horde has to get some slack with it.