Turtle HD Project

Redmagejoe

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon May 23, 2022 11:29 pm

The only place I've seen any performance hit is during rain in Teldrassil, and even then it only drops from 60+ FPS to I'd say roughly 40+ depending on system.

Samsam

Post by Samsam » Tue May 24, 2022 5:49 am

If you read my post through, you would know that this problem no longer exists, I cannot recreate it anymore. However if it does appear again, I will let you know.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat May 28, 2022 3:17 am

Recent interest has inspired me to take a look at improving patch-Y again (the goblin and high elf voice patch) to see if I can't get emotes working. I've got some new tools and potentially a second set of eyes to help get this patch fully working, hopefully.
Last edited by Redmagejoe on Sat May 28, 2022 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oran1

Post by Oran1 » Sat May 28, 2022 5:08 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 3:17 am
Recent interest has inspired my to take a look at improving patch-Y again (the goblin and high elf voice patch) to see if I can't get emotes working. I've got some new tools and potentially a second set of eyes to help get this patch fully working, hopefully.
Glad to hear! :D also btw it seems a fix to some errors is getting the 4gb patch for the exe as i seem to not be getting any errors for now.

Samsam

Post by Samsam » Sat May 28, 2022 7:20 pm

The fatal error problem is back, with the same character. I tried virus scans and Windows Update, but they didn't work. Also tried removing all the addons and trying it in a separate installation of TWow in another drive, but no effect.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun May 29, 2022 4:42 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 3:17 am
Recent interest has inspired me to take a look at improving patch-Y again (the goblin and high elf voice patch) to see if I can't get emotes working. I've got some new tools and potentially a second set of eyes to help get this patch fully working, hopefully.
Uh, I am rly looking forward to this. Thx alot for the work put in!
My mute highelf makes me sad very time I emote

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon May 30, 2022 10:46 am

UPDATE: patch-Y.MPQ will receive no further updates. After some tinkering, I discovered that the emotes cannot be enabled by client modifications alone and require things serverside. Thus it would have to be officially supported by staff. I hope that people will continue to enjoy it in its current state!

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon May 30, 2022 3:17 pm

:( someone summon torta here

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Tue May 31, 2022 12:47 am

Hello, when you enter the game with the W patch, errors _1, _2 appear, and after loading it crashes with errors.

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Tue May 31, 2022 12:48 am

It is worth noting that these errors occurred after the patch update, before that everything worked fine

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Tue May 31, 2022 1:54 am

Teurikh wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:48 am
It is worth noting that these errors occurred after the patch update, before that everything worked fine
Switching the vertex animation shader setting fixed the issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 31, 2022 4:22 am

Still looking for a talented artist willing to make new HD assets. I may need some existing assets redone due to some file corruption a la black Night Elf hairs.

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue May 31, 2022 2:02 pm

Great work so far! Any plans on updating the Druid forms too? A separate patch with just the forms would be much appreciated. Hope you find some more talented people who can keep this updated.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 31, 2022 4:13 pm

The Druid forms are already updated, unless you mean the custom Druid form skins Turtle uses. That will require an artist.

Rangtuk

Post by Rangtuk » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:55 pm

So I have a weird bug with mine, not gamebreaking but I can't visually sheath/unsheath my weapons without unequipping them or by attacking something. Additionally, and this is a VERY minor error (assuming its even an error) but Magma Totem, Frost Resist, and Searing Totem have the spiky orc model, but fire nova only has the tauren looking one

Also also, it seems my cast bar has been moved to the very edge of my hotbar? (just above it, instead of a bit higher) I don't use UI mods and this is the only new thing I've downloaded recently

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:29 pm

Rangtuk wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:55 pm
So I have a weird bug with mine, not gamebreaking but I can't visually sheath/unsheath my weapons without unequipping them or by attacking something. Additionally, and this is a VERY minor error (assuming its even an error) but Magma Totem, Frost Resist, and Searing Totem have the spiky orc model, but fire nova only has the tauren looking one
The sheathing issue is a known problem even with the unmodified version of this patch that was made for normal vanilla servers. Not something that can be easily remedied on my end, I'm afraid. As for the totems issue, I can take a look into it.
Rangtuk wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:55 pm
Also also, it seems my cast bar has been moved to the very edge of my hotbar? (just above it, instead of a bit higher) I don't use UI mods and this is the only new thing I've downloaded recently
Your UI elements are completely unaffected by anything in my patches.

Gmarguelles

Post by Gmarguelles » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:03 am

Is it possible to add the Whitemane skin that is available on wowhead?
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screensh ... temane.jpg

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:32 am

If it's in Turtle's offered skins, and I can get an artist to downport it, then yes, it is possible.

Gmarguelles

Post by Gmarguelles » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:57 am

Yes, thats the Whitemane skin that you can buy.
Its the one I was asking for a long time ago, but I just took a look at WoWhead and her skin is updated.

I direly want this please, how can I help?

Gmarguelles

Post by Gmarguelles » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:06 am

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=3977/high-i ... -whitemane

Here is the wow head model on wowhead.
I dont know how to find it or where to look.

Tarok

Post by Tarok » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:27 am

Know this is a huge request, but is there any way to separate out the music? The new music grates on me, especially the cave music. I opened the mpq's with a viewer and I could delete it out of it but then it messes everything up probably because then assets don't line up. Maybe I'll need to extract all old music I want and replace them?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:44 am

patch-W.MPQ UPDATE

Fixed the white triangle footprint issue with the lava tarantulas and the robot chicken in Tanaris.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:07 am

patch-Y.MPQ has been officially discontinued pending the upcoming custom voice-acted High Elf and Goblin patches, and because it was causing intermittent interface sound problems. If you have patch-Y.MPQ, I encourage you to delete it.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:55 am

patch-W.MPQ has been updated

There was an issue with some misnamed tags for texture files for creatures, resulting in the client defaulting to stretching old textures over new models. If you spot any other creatures that look like they have weird textures stretched over their model, please report the specific monster name or ID. Ideally, link the database page.

For example, some of the affected creatures were:
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=8208
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=5427
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=5425

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:15 am

Even though I'm still lacking an artist for this project, there is some hope in the ease of creating HD assets for the custom turtle skins and the like. Some of the NPCs in the world serve as the basis for custom skins, and it would be relatively easy for an artist to make use of the prebaked NPC textures for creating player character textures that use the same colors and details.

Fingers crossed I kind find a replacement soon.

Gmarguelles

Post by Gmarguelles » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:04 am

Gosh, I hope someone is able to join, I thirst for that Scarlet skin in HD

Dushan992

Post by Dushan992 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:12 am

Hi friend first of all i want to thank you for excelent work. It looks amazing and mainly for me player that never played beyond TBC and never experienced new graphics is breathtaking.

I have one bug to report tho, when i added +3 twohand weapon dmg enchant on my sword (Morladim quest sword Archeus) my character cannot be loaded in character panel nor in the little screen on top left corner. While in world it is there but i see that sword is probably missing that little glow that +3 adds. Do you know maybe how to fix that problem or is it better for me to try and get on it some other enchant so bugs dissapears?

Once again i want to thank you for amazing work! :)

Albusturt

Post by Albusturt » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:13 pm

How rich is the music rescore in this patch? Is there any other (Like Leeviathan's music rescore) which has more music?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:09 am

Dushan992 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:12 am
Hi friend first of all i want to thank you for excelent work. It looks amazing and mainly for me player that never played beyond TBC and never experienced new graphics is breathtaking.

I have one bug to report tho, when i added +3 twohand weapon dmg enchant on my sword (Morladim quest sword Archeus) my character cannot be loaded in character panel nor in the little screen on top left corner. While in world it is there but i see that sword is probably missing that little glow that +3 adds. Do you know maybe how to fix that problem or is it better for me to try and get on it some other enchant so bugs dissapears?

Once again i want to thank you for amazing work! :)
I can't say I'm aware of what would be causing disappearing characters, but I have noticed it myself before. I was unable to draw a correlation, so I will have to see if I can narrow it down specifically to enchants that I might get to the bottom of this.
Albusturt wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:13 pm
How rich is the music rescore in this patch? Is there any other (Like Leeviathan's music rescore) which has more music?
While not all of the music has been replaced, only new tracks added, those added are Cataclysm and onward rescores which are significant improvements over their originals. Elwynn Forest, Stranglethorn Vale, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, etc.

Daaki

Post by Daaki » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:49 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:55 am

There was an issue with some misnamed tags for texture files for creatures, resulting in the client defaulting to stretching old textures over new models. If you spot any other creatures that look like they have weird textures stretched over their model, please report the specific monster name or ID. Ideally, link the database page.

I noticed this bad texture from the sheep in the cow level. The cats in the high elf city also have very odd textures similar to the sheep, where textures from certain body parts are in the wrong positions.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:14 pm

I may actually be able to cheat a little with the assets that are not Turtle custom. I can go find the Legion versions of these assets which exist in retail and downport them. The problem is there is no SheepBrown in my pack, but Sir Jessy uses SheepBrown, so it's just using the low-res version wrapped around an HD model. Same goes for the Dawnsabers.

I'll make an update once I've stolen these assets and put them into my patch. Custom Turtle assets will still need to be made by an artist that I do not currently have.

Casavir

Post by Casavir » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:22 am

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:05 am

PATCH-W.MPQ UPDATE
  • Fixed Sir Jessy using OLD sheep texture, added HD SheepBrown texture.
  • Fixed Icepoint Whiteclaws using old polar bear model and texture, now using the HD model and texture. Any other bears that were using the old model and texture have also been updated to use the HD assets.
  • Updated Thrall to use the new unique model from later expansions.
  • Fixed Crimson Lynxes in Quel'thalas using new model but old texture

Bowser

Post by Bowser » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:01 pm

I have been following this thread closely since March. This HD patch is in my opinion an impressive and badly needed graphics update.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:32 pm

Daaki wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:49 pm
Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:55 am

I noticed this bad texture from the sheep in the cow level. The cats in the high elf city also have very odd textures similar to the sheep, where textures from certain body parts are in the wrong positions.

The Cow level doesnt exist!