To community...

Kizzi

To community...

Post by Kizzi » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:48 am

hey lads,

subj. we need more players. if everyone who's playing will invite at least on friend to stay here, our numbers will start to rise exponentially. each day

stop expecting devs to help, i have been watching their work and they do good job - a game experience here is only getting more unique and interesting, i personally never seen any downtime or miscommunications from server team: updates delivered in time, new features are released as promised and they seem to remain passionate even despite server not being popular

with the respect, devs here do not seem to know how to adverttise, we should help to spread the word, instead of saying "this server has low pop I am leaving".

isntead - invite your friends, speak to guild masters, use dirty tricks and spam forums hiding_smth_turtle_head

Sinrek

Re: To community...

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:11 am

I'd push this even further. If everyone would make a video of him or his character on Turtle WoW like the original promo devs did with that tauren and his turtle at adventures then our neat cozy server would bust with quality RP folks with skills and knowledge sufficient to wreak havoc on the farthest corners of BWL and that l'il cave in Dustwallow Marshes with dat sleepy lazy fat dragon chick as well.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Onyxia

Post by Onyxia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:17 am

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:11 am
> that l'il cave in Dustwallow Marshes with dat sleepy lazy fat dragon chick as well.

You know who else's fat? Your mom which can't even fit into dat cave.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Onyxia wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:17 am
Sinrek wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:11 am
> that l'il cave in Dustwallow Marshes with dat sleepy lazy fat dragon chick as well.

You know who else's fat? Your mom which can't even fit into dat cave.
Tease me too hard and I'll make sure some nicely dulled spoon of not a very skillful dwarf will skin ya alive while you take a li'l breath in.

BTW your momma's so fat she buldge out from Twisting Nether. insidious_turtle
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Paw

Post by Paw » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Yo!

Our population is indeed below average to say the least. However the way I see it... Regardless our numbers we all are dedicated to build this realm and play the game the way it was dreamed up, throough roleplaying.
I hardly believe we will have a problem in the future. Maybe we won't have plenty of guilds to choose from but the ones we'll have are going to have strong ties and a lively community. Afterall. You need only 40 people to visit raids and we almost have that. Right now if we unite as a realm then we are almost there.
Not that I am against bringing our server into other people's attention but it is not as simple as that. There is a reason why our signature animal is a turtle. Many doesn't appreciate the ways of a RP/PVE realm even though it is valuable.
What we have right now is really good in itself, wouldn't you say? There is no rush. Let's enjoy each other's company and get to know each other and our numbers slowly gets higher. Keep voting so people can find us! Or if you feel motivated enough, then donate a little so we can make advertisements to reach out on a bigger scale. The smaller ads cost about 3$ which is basically a donought and a coffe but could reach the effect to bring one other interesting person to us which is quite good a trade I believe. That is however a bigger step. Afterall a donought and a coffe is quite nice in itself. And then we could look for online forums to visit and bring them an invitation. However I don't know any.
It is nice to see that you care but I believe we can't do much about our current situation. But your ideas and enthusiasm are more then welcome!

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Hello,

The only idea that comes to me is some regular advertising of our unique features (Sands of Time series etc.) on https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/

Also maybe create a poll for current players: how did they get to know about TurtleWoW?
Then, knowing the results, we could choose more effective ways of advertising? (I doubt voting on toplists bring us new players really, but I may be wrong...)
Maelstrom, Night Elf Druid
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Paw

Post by Paw » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:55 pm

Hey Dodge!

A fellow player is already crossposting things into the wowservers subreddit!
The poll is also a good idea. I don't know that myself. Maybe the others know in the crew anyhow. I'm going to bring it up with them.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Just as a side note: we are indeed slowly growing again!

Nykari

Post by Nykari » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Hello folks!

For whatever it's worth, I am a new player who signed up yesterday. I thought you might like to know that I discovered Turtle WoW thru the wowservers subreddit pinned list of current servers. I am not a member of that community or anything, but just typed in "wow private servers" on google the other day while curious about what's out there now and found you with very little difficulty.

I hope that helps, even if only a little bit.

Parcival

Post by Parcival » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Oh so true, we need to attract some people.

Used to be swarming with folk when the gates opened, all riding their jolly turtles - now the zones are barren. I'm fully with you Dodge about the Caverns of Time - that's something we have that no one else does, and we need to get the word out! One way, which I see, is for each player to start producing some content in whatever medium he feels confident in (may it be written, drawn, screenshoted or montaged) - as you Sinrek have said, and begin posting at some relevant websites to draw attention to our server. We can't race with the other servers in terms of raiding content (there's not much to go on here also our entire slogan is in conflict with the hard core raiding playerbase), PVP or "Blizzlike classic" (changed experience, turtles, Caverns of Time restored content) but we can connect with those who wish to play the classic in a fresh, new way.

The best I can describe our server, would be of a story teller, reading a fairy tale by a stove - for which this WoW piece comes to mind:

So maybe, besides player created content to be shared with others, we could produce a short film - maybe even a series, who knows. Azerothian Nights. Take from the many interactible books found in the world or even readable journals and pages discovered through the world or through quests - and visualize, audiolize it. To conjure the coziness we have going here to the world. Just my two cents.

Also, welcome to the server Nykari!