Error Error Error

Vikingmaster

Error Error Error

Post by Vikingmaster » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:24 pm

Ive been lvling till lvl 6. Then I only got errors, can't log in, can't update etc. The high expectations (wow classic but then with extra's) were too good to be true. Worst private server I've experienced so far... Really dissapointed.

Dutchi - lvl 6 paladin

Redmagejoe

Re: Error Error Error

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:57 pm

Use the client they provide on the site that comes with the files you NEED to display the custom content, rather than just trying to re-use your vanilla client from some other server and changing the realmlist.

Try doing a little bit of troubleshooting for the problem whose cause is obvious to everyone before you knee-jerk brand the service "worst ever". Alarmists are not looked upon kindly around here.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:11 pm

That was indeed way to emo for a viking master (not)

Vikingmaster

Post by Vikingmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:11 pm

Hi, sorry for my little bit emo comment indeed.. But I was a little bit frustrated. Really looked forward to a fun gaming night, cos i don't have a lot of time to play.. Then i've been busy getting it work for like 3,5 hours.

I downloaded the client like in the forum they tell you to do. When it's installed I can login with my account and the update starts. Then when I press 'restart the game' it says 'error can't update the game' or something like that. Afther that if i try to login again, it says my account number or password is incorrect.

It's really weird.. Don't know what to do. Also the tip to check the virus scanner for blocked programs I did, but can't see anything crazy there. By the way, why is there a 'WoW' and a 'WoW_old' in the map from the installed game? Maybe something goes wrong there?

Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry again for my stupid comment ;-)

Ps. vikingmaster is my nickname from old school wow in 2004 ^^
Dutchi - lvl 6 paladin

Vikingmaster

Post by Vikingmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:15 pm

Update: I managed to log in (yay!).

Couldnt log in in the wow.exe, message was 'can't login in wow at the moment, please try it later'. Then I COULD log in on the wow_old.exe application (:S) and the update started. Then the error occured again (message: critical error: couldnt patch wow). But then i tried to patch it with the TWpatcher and it worked suddenly, wow.exe started automatically and then suddenly i COULD log in with 'wow.exe'. So still don't know the exact problem, but it worked! :)
Dutchi - lvl 6 paladin

Amber12

Post by Amber12 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:15 am

i was playing fine until i got to about lvl 8, and then it got the "Error, application happened cause a file had to be externally resized to fit the game. (cant remeber the whole message since my screen was bugging out from my folders suddenly popping up and down each time i typed, so i had to unplug my external hard drive to make it stop.
it had it under thr sound file which is odd since i didnt find any sound files in the wow folder that it was placing the error under.