More tents?

Krusi

More tents?

Post by Krusi » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:43 pm

Hey everybody.
I looked the forums a bit and didn't find this topic so here it is.

I love tents. The RP feel when I made one in the Badlands with a campfire. Also the social aspect of it. Simply AWESOME. I was thinking, if it is on the drawing table of the DEVs to expand the survival skill and have players to be able to create multiple kinds of tents?

Would be a lot of fun. To be able to create for example a Tauren tent, dwarven tent or a magical High elf tent. Maybe each one gives a unique buff along with rested XP. Like dwarven tent gives also stamina buff after staying under it x amount of time. The Tauren one gives spirit buff. Similar to food buffs but not powerful. Fun and flavorful :) they might have extra cost also like mageweave to craft.

Thoughts?

Allwynd01

Re: More tents?

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:09 pm

Maybe if enough people ask for this, it may happen.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:13 pm

The current "tents" look in my opinion quite unsightly. More prettier tents pls

Meleth

Post by Meleth » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:22 pm

I'd love more tent options! The current ones are kind of ugly.

I was told by someone who's been on the server longer that the current tent model was created to accommodate taller races like Tauren, which makes sense since they give a buff. Maybe if we could find tent recipes around the world (or earn them via quests?) that are purely aesthetic for RP purposes?

Kiersteadmo

Post by Kiersteadmo » Sat May 13, 2023 11:55 pm

Yeah , I love putting them down to help others but man oh man do they look bad... like a homeless shelter tent i would see on the sidewalks of Seatle

Krusty

Post by Krusty » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:54 am

more tents plz

Pepesmite

Post by Pepesmite » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:08 pm

Krusi wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:43 pm
Hey everybody.
I looked the forums a bit and didn't find this topic so here it is.

I love tents. The RP feel when I made one in the Badlands with a campfire. Also the social aspect of it. Simply AWESOME. I was thinking, if it is on the drawing table of the DEVs to expand the survival skill and have players to be able to create multiple kinds of tents?

Would be a lot of fun. To be able to create for example a Tauren tent, dwarven tent or a magical High elf tent. Maybe each one gives a unique buff along with rested XP. Like dwarven tent gives also stamina buff after staying under it x amount of time. The Tauren one gives spirit buff. Similar to food buffs but not powerful. Fun and flavorful :) they might have extra cost also like mageweave to craft.

Thoughts?

Hello! It's an interesting idea, but tents are not racial. Yes, they have factional differences in appearance and nothing more. This is the profession you learn in Stranglethorn valley and other than rest points you can't get any buffs.

Oothe

Post by Oothe » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:05 pm

What if you could learn a tent design that's indicative of every race at certain places throughout the world? So say in Orgrimmar you can get a "Horde Tent", in Stonetalon a "Goblin Tent", Durotar an "Orc Tent", etc - have all the tents functionally the same but different purely for the sake of roleplay aesthetic, similar to how Rogues can quest around for their Disguises. It'd incentivize players to explore more, add immensely to the roleplay community, and flesh out more items in the profession. You could even have them incorporate different dyes to feel different at least, and have them use slightly different materials at most (like using Simple Leather and Copper Bar in lieu), which would diversify the economy even more. I could also see the Horde and Alliance Tents using a "Private's Tabard" as a focus in addition, like how said Rogue Disguises use different costume pieces for their various choices, as a reward for those who PvP.