Rebalance +weapon skill racials

Geojak
Has liked: 14 times

Rebalance +weapon skill racials

Post by Geojak » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:17 am

What if +meele weapon skill racial were either nerfed to +3 from +5 or all changed into +1% hit or most preferably simply +1% crit with these weapons (like blizz did for the ranged weapon skills later on) .

1. It would nerf warrior dps, which is broken
2. It would make human and orcs less op and allow people to explore other races without knowing they are severely hurting their minimaxing.
3. +crit would be more even between in raids with glancing but weapon skills almost negletable in pvp.

I rly thing we could do something here. It's a well known part of the warrior dps scaling out of control and even one knows just how much better these racials are for meele classes comparer to everything else (in pve)

Blizzard also addressed this eventually. So turtle could atleast thing about fixing this in their way too, as it is one part of unfinished vanilla.
Last edited by Geojak on Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Valadorn

Re: Rebalance +weapon skill racials

Post by Valadorn » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:32 am

Would u also nerf 30% attack speed from the troll, AOE stun from tauren, 25% stun resistance and 25% DMG increase from orc and fear immunity from undead ? , since lets face it, that +5 is all that Humans have going for them , how about the Dwarf Stoneform or the High Elf Mana regen, or even the Goblin 40% move speed ? :P

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:03 pm

People don't generally like nerfs. They'd rather see other classes buffed, which is what they're trying to do with the class changes.

Trangoul

Post by Trangoul » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:39 pm

Mac wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:03 pm
People don't generally like nerfs. They'd rather see other classes buffed, which is what they're trying to do with the class changes.
This is how power creep happens. Balancing shall not be limited to buffs only.

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:53 pm

helf is the most played race on the server and their racials are garbage, I really havent seen anyone min/maxing on turtle

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:29 pm

Mac wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:03 pm
You eventually just make the game easy and boring with contiboius buffs.
Last edited by Geojak on Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:32 pm

Valadorn wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:32 am
Would u also nerf 30% attack speed from the troll, AOE stun from tauren, 25% stun resistance and 25% DMG increase from orc and fear immunity from undead ? , since lets face it, that +5 is all that Humans have going for them , how about the Dwarf Stoneform or the High Elf Mana regen, or even the Goblin 40% move speed ? :P
Like I said to you in discord. I would definitively nerf orc stun resistance as well. Like they did in tbc either from 25 to 15% or nerf it less than blizzard to 20% as a compromise.

But I generally don't like the approach of "then what about x".

This topic if possible try todiscuss the weapon skill passive racials and not active abilities racias. Personally I don't see a problem with them anyway, atleast in pve content.
Last edited by Geojak on Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:13 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:32 pm
Valadorn wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:32 am
Like I said to you in discord. I would definitively nerf orc stun resistance as well. Like they did in tbc either from 25 to 15% or nerf it less than blizzard to 20% as a compromise.

But I generally don't like the approach of "then what about x".

This topic if possible try todiscuss the weapon skill passive racials and not active abilities racias. Personally I don't see a problem with them anyway.

Let me clarify why I had the question, the thing is that you are trying to take away the only racial that matters from the Humans, I was just wondering how would they still stay relevant after a strong nerf.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:03 pm

Currently humans, are not only relevant. They are even absolutely bis for rogues and warriors.

We just nerf them enough to even the playing ground. Not nerf them into oblivion

+1% crit would still be a good bonus for dps warrs or rogues. And arguably a buff to pvp were humans aren't that great currently.

So it nerfs were to good (agauant raid bosses) and buffed everywhere else (like pvp) .

Sound to me not like making humans unviable

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:04 am

Trangoul wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:39 pm
This is how power creep happens. Balancing shall not be limited to buffs only.
If the upcoming class changes do indeed make content too easy and people are soloing Naxx, just buff content as well. You would want to do that anyway since you're talking about dungeons and raids that are almost two decades old at this point. Then the content stays challenging, everyone is on an equal playing field, and nobody is soured because their favorite class is nerfed.
Mrkrissatan wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:53 pm
helf is the most played race on the server and their racials are garbage, I really havent seen anyone min/maxing on turtle
What are you talking about? High elves have the best racial of all: they're purdy. Nerf high elves. Make them ugly. Use the old high elf models.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:59 am

What's the point of buffing classes if you then buff content. Also not everyone is elitism long time player. There are also first time wow players and noobs and you could posdbly ruin their experience.

It is just more work nwo to adjust all content. Not gonna happen. Even blizzard could not do it properly.

Instead keep the content mostly in change, as simply avoid power creep.

Buff bad stuff like paladisn and freaking nerf warriors.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:01 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:59 am
What's the point of buffing classes if you then buff content.
To level out the classes, which was the whole point of the original suggestion.
Geojak wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:59 am
Also not everyone is elitism long time player. There are also first time wow players and noobs and you could posdbly ruin their experience.
But nerfs wouldn't ruin their experience?

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:05 am

Well I guess we will spoil the experience of the swestiest 10 warriors thaz hold higjscore raid dps. But even these 10 will know how broken their class is and Therefor understand it needs to be leveled to even grounds

We both want the same,fairee class power.

But just limiting to buffs makes the task a lot more work as it is then not enough to just adjust classes that are too good or too bad.

Imagine a Frost mahe
Lets just say we assume Frost mage power is fine
But then we have ret Palas and we both them to warrior level.
Now the content got too easy
So we buff all mobs hp
Now suddenly Frist mage underperfom
So we buff them too
And it spirals out of control

Alternativ rly, we could just nerf warr, buff ret pal, keep npcs the same. And Frost mage are still fine.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:12 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:05 am
Well I guess we will spoil the experience of the swestiest 10 warriors thaz hold higjscore raid dps. But even these 10 will know how broken their class is and Therefor understand it needs to be leveled to even grounds

We both want the same,fairee class power.

But just limiting to buffs makes the task a lot more work as it is then not enough to just adjust classes that are too good or too bad.

Imagine a Frost mahe
Lets just say we assume Frost mage power is fine
But then we have ret Palas and we both them to warrior level.
Now the content got too easy
So we buff all mobs hp
Now suddenly Frist mage underperfom
So we buff them too
And it spirals out of control

Alternativ rly, we could just nerf warr, buff ret pal, keep npcs the same. And Frost mage are still fine.
You should probably check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2197

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:06 pm

There is no mention of racial changes in there, so that's why this topic is still relevant

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:41 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:06 pm
There is no mention of racial changes in there, so that's why this topic is still relevant
Sure but there are massive class changes that are going to impact the meta. You're saying they need to buff paladins and they're doing that.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:58 pm

What I am sayings is, its not enogu to buff. They need to nerf furry warriors

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:49 pm

dwarfs and undeads have best racials in the game, cause blizzard think that no one will play em... So yep, they are broken af.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:58 pm

For pvp maybe. For pve no. Human warriors any day

Mageslayer

Post by Mageslayer » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:11 am

When looking strictly at rogues and the talent changes they plan to implement the talent weapon expertise will eliminate the bonus raid power of being human for swords or goblin for daggers. Now all in all I think for rogues this is a nerf to the humans/goblins as there will no longer be a need for anyone wanting to roll human/goblin rogue as opposed to dwarf/undead/NE so changing the weapons to have a +hit or +crit may be a good way to go about this.

For those who aren't aware Weapon expertise off of 1 point with the new changes (not yet implemented) will give +3% to weapon skills for sword fist and dagger instead of a flat +3. If memory serves for raid bosses the optimal amount of weapon skill to lessen glance damage loss is +8 weapon skill and the damage loss from +8 to +10 would change white damage hits by a miniscule amount, something like 0.25% or less and thats just for white hits on glancing blows so total dps increase is probably somewhere around +.005% increase. now with 1 point in weapon expertise at level 60 you will receive +9 in swords daggers and fists. completely ruining any racial weapon skill they may have.

TLDR
Changing weapon racials to something other than + weapon skill is better for rogues if they plan on implementing new talents as they currently stand. or if left alone weapon racials for goblin/humans will be worthless.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:50 pm

I made a post a while ago that was somewhat similar - about adding more racial perks/traits and people argued that it would cause players to pick whichever race has the best racials.

What I said in my defense there I will say here, because I think it's just as valid:

The majority of people will always pick a race based on its appearance rather than their racials. If you look at the statistics, the most popular races are the ones that re the most good looking. So changing racials will not do a thing. The percentage of people picking a race solely based on its racials is so low, you can't even imagine.