Death Knight

Mrkrissatan

Death Knight

Post by Mrkrissatan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:17 pm

I think for Death Knights instead of rolling a new class you do a series of "hero" quests at level 60 that would see your character fall to the scourge and break free gaining a selection of new abilities that would augment your classes toolset.

Below is my idea of how it would work, I've not done every class but it should give you an idea of what I'm thinking

Basic Abillities (all classes)

Edict of Nerzul - Raises the player as a ghoul for 2 minutes after death to continue the fight

The King Commands - Sacrifice half of your health to resurrect a fallen ally.

Warrior

Frozen Defender - You cannot be stunned by Undead enemies and take 5% less damage from all Undead.

Life Leech - After your rage is capped, increase your Physical Critical chance by 5%. Your critical hits heal you for 10% of the damage dealt.

Shadowfrost Spear - You hurl a spear at your enemy, inflicting Shadow and Frost damage

Shaman

Ancient Hammer - You consolidate the will of the Lich King into your weapon as you strike, dealing Shadow damage and making you invulnerable to all damage for 3 seconds. You will regenerate 8% of your Max Health every second during this time.

Rogue

Darker than Black - You send forth a shadowy image of yourself to battle an enemy for a short time. The length of time your image will detain an enemy in combat will increase based on your Agility

Paladin

Unholy Aura - Aura that changes all Holy damage to Shadow

Shadow guard - You imbue your shield with necrotic energy, increasing your chance to Block for a short time. If using a two-handed weapon, this ability will increase your chance to Parry. While Shadow guard is active, your Blocks and Parries will stun the attacking enemy.

Boiling Blood - Incite an enemy to anger, causing them to focus their attention on you for a short time.

Priest

Unliving Light - Send forth flames of unholy light all around you, healing nearby allies.

Abominate - Inflicts your enemy with Shadow damage with a small chance for an abomination to burst forth from the enemies corpse upon death

Self Sacrifice - Mark a member of your group or raid. Whenever that player takes damage, 25% of the damage will be redirected to you.

Hunter

Shadow Foot - You gather leaves, sinews and dead animal hides to yourself and form them into a mystical cloak, making you invisible to the living

Spectral Shot - Fire a spectral arrow with a glass tip which explodes on impact, dealing shadow damage to your target and up to 3 nearby enemies within 4m. Has a chance to cause Bleeding.

Mage

Warlock

Druid

Swarm - Summon a swarm of stinging insects that inflict Shadow and Nature damage to your target every 3 seconds for 36 seconds.

Brace - Reduces all damage you take by 30% to 50%, with larger attacks being reduced by more.

Monmothma21

Re: Death Knight

Post by Monmothma21 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:43 pm

• OG Warcraft 2 Death Knights had an ability called [Haste]. It improves movement and attack speed of friendly unit for a short time. Arcane Mages could possibly have that?
  • [Touch of Darkness] was their auto attack, i belive it could cleave? Fire mages could maybe cleave with it, using something like Fireball. Like, every third Fireball will do AOE shadow/fire damage or something.
  • They also could summon a [Whirlwind], that was literally a tornado. Frost mages might get that? It would be cool if it could be made in to something like a mobile Blizzard, that moves on its own and shreds everyone, or shoots rubble/icicles at them.
English is not my first language, not even second or third. Brace yourselves. sad_turtle

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:34 pm

Monmothma21 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:43 pm
  • OG Warcraft 2 Death Knights had an ability called [Haste]. It improves movement and attack speed of friendly unit for a short time. Arcane Mages could possibly have that?
  • [Touch of Darkness] was their auto attack, i belive it could cleave? Fire mages could maybe cleave with it, using something like Fireball. Like, every third Fireball will do AOE shadow/fire damage or something.
  • They also could summon a [Whirlwind], that was literally a tornado. Frost mages might get that? It would be cool if it could be made in to something like a mobile Blizzard, that moves on its own and shreds everyone, or shoots rubble/icicles at them.
Cool ideas, I really must play WarCraft and WarCraft 2

Notawen

Post by Notawen » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:12 pm

Mage : [Entropy Bolt] This spell counts as frostbolt while doing additional shadow damage and decreases not just the movement, but the attacking speed and casting speed of your opponent. It also reduces spirit and healing taken by 30%.

Warlock : [Soul Burst] Spend all of your soul shards to cause equal to the highest rank of your Shadow Bolts damage for each shard spent.

[Curse of Ghuleh] Make a friendly target or an opponent count as Demon / Undead

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:07 pm

Notawen wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:12 pm
Mage : [Entropy Bolt] This spell counts as frostbolt while doing additional shadow damage and decreases not just the movement, but the attacking speed and casting speed of your opponent. It also reduces spirit and healing taken by 30%.

Warlock : [Soul Burst] Spend all of your soul shards to cause equal to the highest rank of your Shadow Bolts damage for each shard spent.

[Curse of Ghuleh] Make a friendly target or an opponent count as Demon / Undead
I love these ideas, what about a DOT that inflicts shadow damage and awards one soul shard upon death but costs two soul shards if it expires?

Monmothma21

Post by Monmothma21 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:10 pm

One of the signarure, IMO, moves they had was [Death and Decay]. The wiki for the game has this description:
Death and Decay

Ranged AoE damage

The aphotic, swirling clouds conjured by the Death Knights can cause anything within their path to rot and decompose. The vapor created by Decay can consume anything - flesh, bone, wood or even the strongest metal. Heavily laden with base substances, these clouds descend and quickly diffuse, leaving only suffering in their wake.
It could be a "Paladin/Consecration"-type spell that would be casted in the same way as Blizzard(you can choose where to lay it). It could do shadow DOT damage to everything inside the area and melt ppl. Since it says it consumes everything - if someone dies in it you could be rewarded with a soulshard, because that would be the only thing left to take. As a bonus - on each tick it could have a chance to do X durability damage to gear of players that stand inside.

You could spend generated soul shards to burst-summon a bunch of skeletons that will temporarily fight for you.

Overall, I do like the idea of a hero class that is an upgrage to existing one rather then its own, complete separate thing. Continuing to play your character is always better then being forced to create a brand new one. Also, adding 2-3 abilities to existing class would be way easier then designing new class from scratch. The only problem with it - if there would be no alternative then everyone will become one. Everyone, and their mother, will become a death knight because there would be no reason not to. There should be something to counter it.
English is not my first language, not even second or third. Brace yourselves. sad_turtle

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:27 pm

Monmothma21 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:10 pm
There should be something to counter it.
I was thinking the same thing but I'm not sure what, maybe a questline from the Earthen Ring could lead the player to become a Spirit Champion

Monmothma21

Post by Monmothma21 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:04 pm

Something like that could definitely work. This spirit champion feels like an opposite to DK. Other option could, maybe, be something like Scarlet Crusade bros, but less "Crusade" and more "bros". They could potentially counter DKs too. We already have Alliance vs Horde, this could take this struggle on a new level.