Request for PVE only glyph.

Capsacin

Request for PVE only glyph.

Post by Capsacin » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:33 am

I would like to suggest a glyph that is the opposite of the new Warmode.

My thoughts are that it would be a 5% xp decrease and the inability to be flagged/take part in any pvp action. Perhaps allow buffs to be placed on pvp players that are not in combat but no ability to heal someone that is pvp flagged while not in your group.

My reasoning is such: I enjoy buffing just about everyone I come across while questing but with the new glyphs I now have to be extra careful to avoid buffing flagged players so I am not also flagged. This is also an issue in areas like the arena when placing fires and tents as I have been flagged for pvp while attempting to help others just to end up getting repeatedly ganked.

I have less than zero interest in the pvp side of this game and figured if the pvp players got a glyph then perhaps the carebears like me might also attempt to get one.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jonas1974

Re: Request for PVE only glyph.

Post by Jonas1974 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:47 am

I wholeheartedly agree with this suggestion.

I initially discovered the server, because it was one of the very few PVE servers out there. Most are PVP. Then i fell in love with the features and the community of course and stayed.

Now the Warmode glyph was introduced and it already left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth for two reasons.
  • Buffing random people you come across is one of the great things in classic and i've already seen people say they won't do it anymore, because they're afraid to buff a pvp player and get flagged themselves. People are sharing macros on how to avoid that, but do we really need that on a PVE server?
  • I saw more than one level 60 Horde PVP player patrolling Elwynn forest, looking to kill low level players. That's fine for Warmode players, but when those players intentionally run around in front of you, trying to get you to accidentally click on them so they can kill you, it's getting annoying. This behavior happened in other zones as well. All within the first few days mind you and i doubt this behavior is getting any better when more and more people join the server, because it's now kind of a pvp server.

Valadorn
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Valadorn » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:28 am

Jonas1974 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:47 am
I wholeheartedly agree with this suggestion.

I initially discovered the server, because it was one of the very few PVE servers out there. Most are PVP. Then i fell in love with the features and the community of course and stayed.

Now the Warmode glyph was introduced and it already left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth for two reasons.
  • Buffing random people you come across is one of the great things in classic and i've already seen people say they won't do it anymore, because they're afraid to buff a pvp player and get flagged themselves. People are sharing macros on how to avoid that, but do we really need that on a PVE server?
  • I saw more than one level 60 Horde PVP player patrolling Elwynn forest, looking to kill low level players. That's fine for Warmode players, but when those players intentionally run around in front of you, trying to get you to accidentally click on them so they can kill you, it's getting annoying. This behavior happened in other zones as well. All within the first few days mind you and i doubt this behavior is getting any better when more and more people join the server, because it's now kind of a pvp server.

Replying to your point 2, people like that were trying to flag you like that even before the Glyph. Also the name of the people that are PvP Flagged is Green and if you target them their portrait has the factions flag.

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:30 am

Capsacin wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:33 am
I would like to suggest a glyph that is the opposite of the new Warmode.

My thoughts are that it would be a 5% xp decrease and the inability to be flagged/take part in any pvp action. Perhaps allow buffs to be placed on pvp players that are not in combat but no ability to heal someone that is pvp flagged while not in your group.

My reasoning is such: I enjoy buffing just about everyone I come across while questing but with the new glyphs I now have to be extra careful to avoid buffing flagged players so I am not also flagged. This is also an issue in areas like the arena when placing fires and tents as I have been flagged for pvp while attempting to help others just to end up getting repeatedly ganked.

I have less than zero interest in the pvp side of this game and figured if the pvp players got a glyph then perhaps the carebears like me might also attempt to get one.

Thank you for your consideration.
The thing is, that by Default you start as Pve player, Nobody can attack you, and even if you get flagged, you can type /PvP to disable it. You can tell the difference between PvP and PvE players, by their name colors :

PvP players have Green names
PvE players have Blue Names

Afaslizo

Post by Afaslizo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:38 am

I wholeheartly support that. HC PVP-players should not be placed into HC guild either because that will create problems in a server-wide guild as those players play against each other while HC guild is a guild for players to journey together. Seeing that other server cultures display far less mature culture in chat because pvp in WoW seems to attract a certain crowd once the whole server is geared towards pvp or has an abundance of pvp-features those pvps should be completely divided from the rest of us.

Turtle's focus on pve, exploration and quests was a big part for me to choose the server and I love the general maturity level in chat culture and civil behavior. I don't want that to fade because of increased influx of pvp players.

Capsacin

Post by Capsacin » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:41 pm

Valadorn wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:30 am
The thing is, that by Default you start as Pve player, Nobody can attack you, and even if you get flagged, you can type /PvP to disable it. You can tell the difference between PvP and PvE players, by their name colors :

This might be fine except that with the current issues of campfires and tents flagging players it means I also wont be putting down tents anymore. I was ganked repeatedly several days ago at the arena after placing down a tent and being immediately flagged for it.

Also, typing /pvp takes something like 5 minutes of no pvp action to turn off. I'd rather not have to interrupt my limited gaming time because I accidentally tried to be helpful to someone who was flagged and ended up flagging myself in the process.

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:14 pm

Capsacin wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:41 pm
Valadorn wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:30 am

This might be fine except that with the current issues of campfires and tents flagging players it means I also wont be putting down tents anymore. I was ganked repeatedly several days ago at the arena after placing down a tent and being immediately flagged for it.

Also, typing /pvp takes something like 5 minutes of no pvp action to turn off. I'd rather not have to interrupt my limited gaming time because I accidentally tried to be helpful to someone who was flagged and ended up flagging myself in the process.
Tents and Campfires dont flag you, unless you are in group with a flagged player-

Capsacin

Post by Capsacin » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:21 pm

This is incorrect. I am always solo when I go to put down tents. I have been flagged twice now for placing campfires and/or tents at the arena when there are pvp flagged players near me.

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:50 pm

In that case i am sorry, that must be recent, but i advise you run away after placing it, or placing it in friendly territory. The thing with the PvE glyph, is that it would make u unable to be flagged for PvP, which means, you could heal a flagged person while he is fighting, and the enemy couldnt attack you. It may cause problems in battlegrounds too.

Capsacin

Post by Capsacin » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:27 pm

I'm fine with being barred from entering BGs.

I also mentioned a side effect of the PvE Glyph would be being barred from healing or casting buffs on people who are in combat if they are pvp flagged/engaged in pvp combat.

Not sure if this is actually possible to do with the current system.

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:31 pm

sadly, I am pretty sure its not possible, but my best suggestion would be is to avoid people with Green names. Since they are the flagged people.

Dhakkel

Post by Dhakkel » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:55 am

Re: campfires etc, it does make levelling survival very annoying. I put campfires in purposefully out-of-the-way locations and I still get flagged for PVP because someone just happens to run in the large radius it puts down.

I don't really know a good solution (I think a PVE glyph is too much) but yeah, it's a problem, and it's annoying, and it's new (in that before the patch it was a lot less common to find people in random zones with PVP flagged).

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:13 pm

Jonas1974 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:47 am

the name of the people that are PvP Flagged is Green and if you target them their portrait has the factions flag.
i've been playing this game for 15 years and didn't know that. I'm so ashamed of myself. crying_turtle

Saurug

Post by Saurug » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:57 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with this suggestion. We need more people though.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:54 pm

A Glyph of the Carebear would be a good thing.