Allow rogues to use Axes

Serener

Allow rogues to use Axes

Post by Serener » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:07 pm

Allow rogues to wield those axes mon >_>

Make it a talent or so if needed

they are quite rare in raids and high level dungeons,but they can make gearing up a bit easier

Merikkinon

Re: Allow rogues to use Axes

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:23 pm

agreed. i would absolutely love to see that

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:30 pm

I thought rogues could use axes... +1 this idea

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:10 am

I'd prefer to see them use axes over maces, if there needs to be a 'not all 1H weapons' standard

Lindzei

Post by Lindzei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:51 am

I thought too, +1 !
Failures are the stepping stones to success.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:18 pm

It was weird idea to make rogues use axes even in retail. The weapon doesn't match rogue character.

Serener

Post by Serener » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:34 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:18 pm
It was weird idea to make rogues use axes even in retail. The weapon doesn't match rogue character.
But somehow maces do match?

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:11 pm

Serener wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:34 pm
Unangwata wrote:
More likely. Non-lethal rogue/thief to knock guards out.. or so.

Serener

Post by Serener » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:11 pm
Serener wrote:
Unangwata wrote:
yeah...i see ... axes make sense too tho

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:44 am

Serener wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:37 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Serener wrote:

Yes, if you RP crazy woodcutter

Serener

Post by Serener » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:37 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:44 am
Serener wrote:
Unangwata wrote:

Dude,axes are just weapons,dont think rogues would be picky

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:49 pm

Serener wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:37 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:44 am
Serener wrote:

Dude,axes are just weapons,dont think rogues would be picky
Then make them use staves

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:01 am

We can do that, too. Thx for the suggestion.

Ironpanda

Post by Ironpanda » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:50 pm

I mean, to be fair, an axe is a lot more versatile than a mace. You can chop with the sharp end, or use the blunt end of the axe blade (Unless it's double-bladed, I guess) and you've got a club. I think if I were a rogue in need of a new weapon, that'd be something I'd factor in. Besides that, I just don't see much difference between a 1-handed axe and a 1-handed mace as far as using them proficiently as a weapon. Like a sword or a dagger you've got slashes and stabs, so they're gonna feel really different to use. But a mace and an axe seem like they would be pretty interchangeable without drastically altering your fighting style.

Kyzen

Post by Kyzen » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:48 pm

Ironpanda wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:50 pm
I mean, to be fair, an axe is a lot more versatile than a mace. You can chop with the sharp end, or use the blunt end of the axe blade (Unless it's double-bladed, I guess) and you've got a club. I think if I were a rogue in need of a new weapon, that'd be something I'd factor in. Besides that, I just don't see much difference between a 1-handed axe and a 1-handed mace as far as using them proficiently as a weapon. Like a sword or a dagger you've got slashes and stabs, so they're gonna feel really different to use. But a mace and an axe seem like they would be pretty interchangeable without drastically altering your fighting style.
Good point

Rajek

Post by Rajek » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:01 am

Ironpanda wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:50 pm
Wasn't there an Assassin's Creed part with a Tomahawk wielding person? Because most points you made reminded me of a Tomahawk...

Balake

Post by Balake » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:36 pm

Rajek wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:01 am
Wasn't there an Assassin's Creed part with a Tomahawk wielding person? Because most points you made reminded me of a Tomahawk...
Connor from AC3 used a Tomahawk. He is also the most brutish and least agile main character in all the old non-rpg AC games (before Origins).

Rajek

Post by Rajek » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:02 pm

Yeah, having the game image in mind where he kneels over his victim and holding the axe high.
Brutish and non agile - male humans or dwarfs and orcs in general. Muscles all over. Optics wise it would fit.

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 pm

Serener wrote:
Unangwata wrote:
Serener wrote:

The axe is slow, heavy and most of the time hardly helps with the stealthy approach which rogues start to rely on since level 2.

Any rogue that chooses to use something other than a dagger will hinder himself greatly due to class core mechanics above all else. Rogues aren't warriors. They are experts on eliminating their designated target swiftly and efficiently. It's their job. That's why they leave thrashing with axes, maces and spears to all those brave iron-clad boys with big clunky toys.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Jekka

Post by Jekka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:56 pm

I assume you mean two-handed maces
“Nothing is lost. Nothing is forgotten. It was in the blood, the flesh. And now, it is forever.” - Prophet of Hakkar The Soulflayer

Serener

Post by Serener » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:50 am

Sinrek wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 pm
Serener wrote:
Unangwata wrote:

The axe is slow, heavy and most of the time hardly helps with the stealthy approach which rogues start to rely on since level 2.

Any rogue that chooses to use something other than a dagger will hinder himself greatly due to class core mechanics above all else. Rogues aren't warriors. They are experts on eliminating their designated target swiftly and efficiently. It's their job. That's why they leave thrashing with axes, maces and spears to all those brave iron-clad boys with big clunky toys.
but for some reason we are able to wield Maces?Does not make sense really

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:12 am

Sinrek wrote:
Serener wrote:
Unangwata wrote:

Agree.
Those new versions of assassins that come in games wielding axes and such are more warriors than cunning, streetsmart rogues.

Rajek

Post by Rajek » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:12 am
Sinrek wrote:
Serener wrote:

Agree.
Those new versions of assassins that come in games wielding axes and such are more warriors than cunning, streetsmart rogues.
What's with fist weapons? Brass knuckles in a dark alley are a thug thing, but looking like X-Mens Wolverine? He is well known for brute force, not for agility...