Ban for playing priest

Doroshkov

Ban for playing priest

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:13 pm

I chose the priest class only because on the official server I played them for more than one year. I was attracted to your server because of its uniqueness and I honestly played for my class. The priest has such a mind control game mechanic inside, and I got banned for using it against other players. But I didn't kill with this mechanic. This mechanic was invented as an in-game mechanic and is an integral part of the game for a priest. Banning for its use means disrespecting the work of the players playing for this class.
My accaunt 6110854 .
I spent 4 months on the development of the priest to bring it to level 42, playing absolutely honestly from (1 level) Thank you for such a unique server, I really liked it. But by the time I do not want to play with anyone except the priest, I do not want to play as a priest without mind control. as soon as because of this mechanic and I fell in love with this class.

Doroshkov

Re: Ban for playing priest

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Спасибо за игру было здорово.

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:16 pm

Thanks for playing it was great.and sorry for my english

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:33 pm

Annales

Post by Annales » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:39 pm

Watching your video: honestly what you're doing is gamey and not really in the mood of the server. If it was once or twice "for fun" i think it might pass. But from the number of sequences i see it was abusive and i understand your ban.

Sinrek
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Sinrek » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:33 pm

This video is old. Not TW.

Banned for PvP abuse on HC player. Clearly griefing. Correct me if I'm wrong.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:50 pm

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:10 pm

Think for yourself. A man spent 4 months playing the game. And he is banned only for the fact that he used the mechanics of his class. The justification is that he made a mistake using this mechanic to use the unit ..
But she was so conceived by the developers. I did not kill any character of Hard Mode. And at the same time I received not a temporary but a permanent ban. Where is the honesty in relation to the player who does not play in Hard mode. It’s not my mistake that you couldn’t them. you have developers to protect the players. I just showed the mechanics without killing anyone. Although if you yourself read your rules, you would know that already at the start of the game, when choosing hard mode, the player is told that if he dies, a nickname then it is not guilty of this, this is the hard mode. But this rule does not give the administration the right to ban some players in favor of others.

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:17 pm

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:27 pm

look at the latest video, it is from the classics of 2019. There are always priests who are fan of this mechanic like me. If you really want to protect any players from the actions of other players, then this should be within the framework of the game rules at the development level. Inside the game classes is disrespectful to honest players. It is not their fault that you did not think this point. This mechanic existed in classik wow from 2005 to 2021. Let me remind you that I did not kill any Hard mode players, respecting them. And getting a permanent ban is not correct.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:42 pm

Hold on, your account was suspended for 3 days not permanently.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:28 pm

Oh unhappy_turtle_head /Thank it is a greatly happy_turtle_head .I am back, see you later.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:13 pm

I mean it doesn't make sense to ban players for using game mechanics at all - I believe that infernal dropping was the same case. ...

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:41 am

It was griefing. That's why it is banning offense (infernals, wipe lowbies in Goldshire and elsewhere, esp hardcore players).

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:44 am

Merikkinon wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:41 am
It was griefing. That's why it is banning offense (infernals, wipe lowbies in Goldshire and elsewhere, esp hardcore players).
it is still a game mechanic though..... like you can't keep mechanics in the game and expect players not to use them. It's as if clipping into Caverns of Time was bannable.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:58 am

Same as Infernal.

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:26 am

I have a personal request to the administration of the project. Please stop banning players for using internal game mechanics. For me, it does not matter which class of players, not even the reception that the class uses. If this is an internal game mechanic, bans cannot be given for it. This is not correct and players against such rules. I'm talking about you to hold a vote to find out the opinions of players on this issue. And only if the majority votes for the limited mechanics of certain classes, develop a system of punishing the players.

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:43 am

You can not disturb some for the sake of others if the players play fair. The very essence of the game World of Warcraft was the possibility of different interactions between players, including the military. You do not impose a ban on yourself if the server crashes and as a result players lose experience.

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:44 am

But if the players themselves choose their own path in the game, including the military, their mother flies to them and punishes another bad player in his opinion. But how is this possible. I will be given a ban at the IP address for the siege of ogrimar? for the siege of Stormwind? Who will decide who is right and who is wrong, if the players use the game's capabilities and the case will be massive? I am convinced that this is a gross mistake on the server side to allow such rules of the game

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:47 am

I could quietly keep quiet after feeling the ban and forget about this story, but I decided to raise this topic and will develop it in order to protect honest players who want to play with their class without fear that they will press the button and then have to make excuses. such rules is not fair play of some in relation to others. Even if a player in hard mode died from the actions of another player, he knew what he was doing when choosing this mode.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:50 pm

Doroshkov wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:44 am
But if the players themselves choose their own path in the game, including the military, their mother flies to them and punishes another bad player in his opinion. But how is this possible. I will be given a ban at the IP address for the siege of ogrimar? for the siege of Stormwind? Who will decide who is right and who is wrong, if the players use the game's capabilities and the case will be massive? I am convinced that this is a gross mistake on the server side to allow such rules of the game
I know a person who got banned for farming Stormwind guards ...

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:38 pm

Yeah mind control is fun, but try not to be a douchebag with it. Those videos aren't things you should aspire to on this server :P

Dhakkel

Post by Dhakkel » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:27 pm

Yeah, Turtle WOW is not 100% vanilla at all, we have a ton of different features and rules that vanilla did not have.

Technically gold farmers and bots in vanilla were just using "game mechanics" but they still got banned (... sometimes).

But yeah, private server, private rules, read 'em and learn 'em, and *especially* learn from 3-day suspensions. Just don't do the thing you got suspended for ever again.

Hardwelsam

Post by Hardwelsam » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:50 am

Our account being suspended for only 3 Day.
Other servers are giving longer/stronger bann for this.
As other said it : Private server=private rules.
and i 100% agreed the bann.
Be happy u doesnt get longer for this.

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:48 am

I have already proposed to put this question to a vote. Since this is an internal game mechanic, relating to the performance of certain classes, then only the players must determine whether such class restrictions are allowed or not.

Doroshkov

Post by Doroshkov » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:50 am

I do not think that all players agree on the limitation of in-game classes. I propose to see what the majority of this server will vote for.

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:05 pm

If you're looking for a bad excuse to grief people, just do what's already been approved. Flag yourself and make people "accidentally" AoE you to get flagged then kill em.

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:32 am

Doroshkov wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:50 am
I do not think that all players agree on the limitation of in-game classes. I propose to see what the majority of this server will vote for.
You are right, not all players agree to follow the server rules. Those players either quit silently, or quit after a couple of bans. But they quit anyway.

This is an RP-PVE server. Here we have a lot of HC players, whose chars have just one life. One life they don't want to lose for some random "honest player" amusement.

The majority has already voted: by agreeing on the rules, and by following them. Server's administration bans those who break these rules. You break the rules - you get banned. Simple enough. No need to vote every time some rule-breaker decides to "protest". Just follow rules, and you'll be all right. Or quit already, no need to shitstorm the forums, it won't help.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:44 am

Doroshkov wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:50 am
Flippin' irrelevant. It's the devs server. This isn't Blizzard getting dragged around by the nose from some whiny Blizz forum. They set their rules based on what they wanted in a server and what kind of behavior was ok and what was not.

This ain't no revolution here.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:29 pm

I really do believe that the whole point of this thread is a guy being pissed off for getting banned for using in-game mechanics which the devs forgot to fool-proof it so this mechanic can't hurt hardcore players...

Can't see how different this is to being killed by Cenarion NPC in Ogrimmar as HC char just cause the devs forgot to fix reputations...

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:49 pm

Thread is obsolete. Topic locked.