Progressive Rates

Torta

Progressive Rates

Post by Torta » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:45 pm

Update, March 2020:

Thanks everyone who participated to our forum discussion about default server rates! Thus, conclusion:

• Default server rates were set to x1, progressive rate brackets are no longer in use.
  • Hardcore Mode remains optional and available under Speedy's menu.
  • Gray & Green quest still give the full experience up to 25 levels of difference.

Greetings!

First off, thank you to everyone who participated in our gameplay experience survey. We’re more than happy to see that you care and want this server to be a success; and many of you came up with great ideas! Therefor, we will list a few upcoming changes:

Experience rates for killing mobs are generally reduced to x0.8, so you get the chance to experience all the quests of your faction, before getting to level 60. We have developed a system to regulate the kill XP rates (from 0.7 to 1) for level ranges where it’s necessary due to lack of quests.

Having “grey” quests that give no experience won't be a reason to leave the zone and enjoy all the quest chains you want; they will still give the full experience up to 25 levels of difference.
Current server rates:
  • 01-10 — x0.7
  • 11-20 — x0.8
  • 21-35 — x0.8
  • 36-45 — x0.9
  • 46-50 — x0.8
  • 51-55 — x0.8
  • 56-60 — x0.7
Exploration rates are set to x1.
Dungeons rates remain x1.0 for parties only to encourage players to group up and do dungeons.
“I have HUGE, heavy balls and leveled up on 0.5 rates, what now?”

[DEPRECATED, CHECK BELOW] Answer: All current characters will receive a Turtle WoW Box in game with free Shell Shop Tokens, according to gathered levels. You can pick any mount, tabard, bag or any of our special rewards if you like!

“I want it slow!”

If you really like questing and leveling, play in hardcore mode, your creature kill rates will be set to 0.5 rates: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=482

Josefina

Re: Progressive Rates & More

Post by Josefina » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:52 pm

Great news. I think this is a great balance between all the posts in the thread.

Kainnee

Post by Kainnee » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Hrrrng, 120% away from 50, the struggle is real :D.

Basileonardo

Post by Basileonardo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:05 pm

I was well before, and with these changes I will be fine: D I would like Tabernia to reward her with a unique item or mount, that no one else could have, nor buying it, she deserves it :D
Tortugas de Azeroth , Guild hispano de Wow turtle (Estamos en la Horda)
Búscanos dentro del juego y pídenos invitación
Nuestro discord https://discord.gg/PDSSH33

Glowek

Post by Glowek » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:14 pm

I like new rates ^...^

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 pm

Don't like the new rates, nor dungeon normalisation to 1.0x - not sure if it would bring more ppl here but we'll see - but if it is still possible to stay at 0.5x, it's not my think what rates would others get.
Also I would like to see the exploration xp rate higher (2.0?) instead of lower (0.5).

Battlegrounds at Speedy is great idea though! 👍

My question is: are there any reward for ppl who would stay on old rates? or only these rewards for ppl already on that lvls?
Maelstrom, Night Elf Druid
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:41 pm

Dodge wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 pm
Don't like the new rates, nor dungeon normalisation to 1.0x - not sure if it would bring more ppl here but we'll see - but if it is still possible to stay at 0.5x, it's not my think what rates would others get.
Also I would like to see the exploration xp rate higher (2.0?) instead of lower (0.5).

Battlegrounds at Speedy is great idea though! 👍

My question is: are there any reward for ppl who would stay on old rates? or only these rewards for ppl already on that lvls?
Where's my post rating system now? Wanna give dat mon a thumbs up!
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:43 pm

sorry for double post, but Edit somehow is missing...

two more things:
- are there ANY plans for crossfaction activities/features to fight with low population?
- are there plans to help/support RP aspects, such as official RP hubs for each faction?
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Torta

Post by Torta » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:50 pm

Dodge wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:43 pm
- are there ANY plans for crossfaction activities/features to fight with low population?
- are there plans to help/support RP aspects, such as official RP hubs for each faction?
Yes. Please follow the news next few days!

Halo

Post by Halo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:53 am

Any chance I could stay at previous rates? Please i'm really need that. I'm serious.

I am conducting an experiment with this rates. Will I be able to rise to level 60 without stupid grind, but at the same time doing absolutely all the quests that I can do? And, which is important, strictly following the rule "The quests(and mobs related to this quests) should NOT BE GRAY" (Starting locations like durotar is exception, there is no chance to follow that rule in this locations).

At this moment I am level 40 warrior, and everything is going well. I'm already done with ALL quests in barrens, silverpine forest, stonetalon mountains, ashenvale, hillsbrad, thousand needles, and almost done with stv, alterac, arathi and desolace(both questlines magram and gelkis, lol, maybe it was only one point where i was grind, but it's justified because it's for quest). Also done with all quests in RFC, WC, SFK, BFD, RFK, and of course Gnomer (which was most hard by the way, because only few people from horde side wanna do that dungeon, i don't know why). And i'm still have uncompleted green quests somewhere! Not gray! Now i'm ready to face badlands/dustwallow march/swamp of sorrows, SM/RFD quests, and everything is going well.

Most time i was doing green and yellow quests(and mobs related to this quests). Very rarely orange/red. And NEVER gray. But at the same time i'm done with all quests in previous locations, really all the quests, i checked the databases.

Thats what i mean - if someone complains that he does not gain enough experience, that he has to grind or that he has to do red quests, fight red mobs and die in battle with them - he just does not visit many different locations with easy green/yellow quests, which is wait to be completed.

YOU DON'T NEED TO GRIND, YOU DON'T NEED TO FIGHT RED MOBS.
Just go to another location. Just travel, man! Visit the dungeons! Visit the world! I ASSURE YOU, If you have problems with experience - that means you just do not visit all locations, and do not enough quests! Do more! Travel the world! That's the idea of ​​the server, isn't it?

DO
MORE
QUESTS
And more travel beetween locations of course.

DON'T BE LAZY TO TRAVEL

And maybe winds will guide you
---------
Halo <Partisans>
Tauren Warrior

P.S. - Only thing i want to be changed - more wider questlog. 20 quests is really not enough. I want 25 at least.
And of course i dont want to change rates. Please i want to complete my experiment with this rates.

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:58 am

Halo, please then wait untill tomorrow's night update, I'll reach you as soon as I have it and give you special item so you can continue on 0.5 rates!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:06 am

Torta wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:58 am
Halo, please then wait untill tomorrow's night update, I'll reach you as soon as I have it and give you special item so you can continue on 0.5 rates!
I need one as well!
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Josefina

Post by Josefina » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:34 am

Halo wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:53 am
Any chance I could stay at previous rates? Please i'm really need that. I'm serious.

I am conducting an experiment with this rates. Will I be able to rise to level 60 without stupid grind, but at the same time doing absolutely all the quests that I can do? And, which is important, strictly following the rule "The quests(and mobs related to this quests) should NOT BE GRAY" (Starting locations like durotar is exception, there is no chance to follow that rule in this locations).

At this moment I am level 40 warrior, and everything is going well. I'm already done with ALL quests in barrens, silverpine forest, stonetalon mountains, ashenvale, hillsbrad, thousand needles, and almost done with stv, alterac, arathi and desolace(both questlines magram and gelkis, lol, maybe it was only one point where i was grind, but it's justified because it's for quest). Also done with all quests in RFC, WC, SFK, BFD, RFK, and of course Gnomer (which was most hard by the way, because only few people from horde side wanna do that dungeon, i don't know why). And i'm still have uncompleted green quests somewhere! Not gray! Now i'm ready to face badlands/dustwallow march/swamp of sorrows, SM/RFD quests, and everything is going well.

Most time i was doing green and yellow quests(and mobs related to this quests). Very rarely orange/red. And NEVER gray. But at the same time i'm done with all quests in previous locations, really all the quests, i checked the databases.

Thats what i mean - if someone complains that he does not gain enough experience, that he has to grind or that he has to do red quests, fight red mobs and die in battle with them - he just does not visit many different locations with easy green/yellow quests, which is wait to be completed.

YOU DON'T NEED TO GRIND, YOU DON'T NEED TO FIGHT RED MOBS.
Just go to another location. Just travel, man! Visit the dungeons! Visit the world! I ASSURE YOU, If you have problems with experience - that means you just do not visit all locations, and do not enough quests! Do more! Travel the world! That's the idea of ​​the server, isn't it?

DO
MORE
QUESTS
And more travel beetween locations of course.

DON'T BE LAZY TO TRAVEL

And maybe winds will guide you
---------
Halo <Partisans>
Tauren Warrior

P.S. - Only thing i want to be changed - more wider questlog. 20 quests is really not enough. I want 25 at least.
And of course i dont want to change rates. Please i want to complete my experiment with this rates.
The last paragraph of the announcement has your answer:

“I still want it slow!”

Answer: No worries! Speak to Speedy and get an item that will reduce your XP back to x0.5.

Talespinner

Post by Talespinner » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:58 am

Horde commenting on XP rates, lol.
Premier Vanilla Moonkin

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:11 am

"DON'T BE LAZY TO TRAVEL"

Tbh, I do not particularly like to travel. Sure, you can chat a bit while auto-running or crossing zones for the umpteenth time to follow the X quests here Y quests there until orange then go back, but it detracts from the questing and eventually is just a big bore.

Rather I would have increased flight path speed or may be even -stepping on toes here- linked teleports to the cities.
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]

Maerchen

Post by Maerchen » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:45 am

I've never played Alliance past 20 but I know Horde traveling doesn't need any buffs. We are already past the Patch that added additional Flightpoints to Camp Taurajo and such so it's all nice and cozy.

I wouldn't mind Flightmasters selling an overprized (like 10x the normal cost) faster route.

As for Teleportation, I personally hate it but wouldn't mind a Turtleshop 1 Time Use item that allows you to travel to cities you've already visited. It should have at least a 1h Cooldown and not be too cheap so mages don't lose their portal income/role.

Also Moonkin should receive a Special Snowflake buff after bathing in a Moonwell for an hour. This buff increases xp rate to 2.0 and makes your character bigger for 1 hour or until death. turtle_tongue_head

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:53 am

Sama wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:42 am
So the people who took things slowly as per server initial dogma and didn't manage to hit 60 until the next update don't get some of the rewards?

Is that fair with everything taken into account?
To be honest, being able to level up with 0.5 rates is a reward itself ;)

but more seriously - it would be nice addition to give some 'award' (title/companion/some RP stuff ?) for those who decide to still remain @ 50% xp rate, though we aren't doing this for a reward, are we?
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Kainnee

Post by Kainnee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Torta wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:50 pm
Dodge wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:43 pm
Yes. Please follow the news next few days!
Please, for the love of god, don't make crossfaction grouping a thing. RP events would be great, but crossfaction grouping is cancer. I've played on servers where that was possible and it completly destroys the server and it's community. A synced AH, maybe even a common /world to make the chat more alive are reasonable compromises during low-pop times, but please, don't let the two factions group up together.

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Kainnee wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Please, for the love of god, don't make crossfaction grouping a thing. RP events would be great, but crossfaction grouping is cancer. I've played on servers where that was possible and it completly destroys the server and it's community. A synced AH, maybe even a common /world to make the chat more alive are reasonable compromises during low-pop times, but please, don't let the two factions group up together.
Imo, a quest chain (or other way) to get orcish/common (and maybe other languages) as opposite faction and ONLY THEN allow to /say and /emote would be nice, also maybe allow trade one-to-one.
I agree allowing party/raid and crossfaction dungeon runs would be too much. Not even saying about mixed battlegrounds and mixing faction-specific quests.
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 pm

If you stay at 0.5, you will still be able to receive the listed rewards for the next 2 weeks. The rewards will be changed once the 2 weeks has passed.

Choose wisely, as once you decide to level on lower rates, you will not be able to return to the higher rates.

Devias

Post by Devias » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:58 pm

[mad_turtle_head Let us in!!!

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pm

Devias wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:58 pm
[mad_turtle_head Let us in!!!
maintenance_turtle

Minigig

Post by Minigig » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:06 pm

Come out of your shell sad_turtle_head

Torkes

Post by Torkes » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:26 am

Loving new rates.

Idiotsandwich

Post by Idiotsandwich » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:41 pm

so far so good, thank you.

Parcival

Post by Parcival » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Halo - I agree so much with you. With how many quests there are in the game, it's impossible to come at a dead end, forced to grinding for progress. With there being about 3-4 zones for each 10 levels, you'll be running green quests midway through, with not a single moment spend grinding exclusively for exp (drop rates for certain items and kill x mob quests is something different).

Vanilla Azeroth offers this, at times frustrating, need to travel. Quest givers sending you from one end of the zone to the other, through a single continent and even between, with so much to do that it becomes the adventure (The scythe of Elune as an example - from Ashenvale to Darnassus, to the Barrens, Booty Bay and then into Duskwood).

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Parcival wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 pm
Halo - I agree so much with you. With how many quests there are in the game, it's impossible to come at a dead end, forced to grinding for progress. With there being about 3-4 zones for each 10 levels, you'll be running green quests midway through, with not a single moment spend grinding exclusively for exp (drop rates for certain items and kill x mob quests is something different).

Vanilla Azeroth offers this, at times frustrating, need to travel. Quest givers sending you from one end of the zone to the other, through a single continent and even between, with so much to do that it becomes the adventure (The scythe of Elune as an example - from Ashenvale to Darnassus, to the Barrens, Booty Bay and then into Duskwood).
This may be true, but the harsh reality is that, when you talk to people personally or in party chat, most prefer 1x xp rates. The primary attractions of this server are that it's new, it's PvE and it's RP. 0.5x xp rates is something people endure and not something they would have chosen.

Perhaps polls on this site indicate otherwise, but when you actually ask people in game, a different story unfolds.

So yes, I'm one of those 'endure it' players. Love the atmosphere, love the community, love the freshness but endure the slower leveling pace.

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Apparently you cannot edit posts (only quote is available for me), but I'd like to rephrase it a bit: It's my personal feeling from asking players. N=1 so to say ;)

Qesley

Post by Qesley » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Pigglebee wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:47 pm
This may be true, but the harsh reality is that, when you talk to people personally or in party chat, most prefer 1x xp rates..0.5x xp rates is something people endure and not something they would have chosen...

So yes, I'm one of those 'endure it' players. Love the atmosphere, love the community, love the freshness but endure the slower leveling pace.
Im inclined to agree with you point for point, Pigglebee. We can level via quests to 60 just fine BUT for the overall population I would say having x1 there would attract way more people.

Josefina

Post by Josefina » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm

I’m sure someone smarter than I can do the math, but with the enhanced quest XP for 25 levels, I think it’s probably about the same in terms of speed. Maybe the added travel makes it slower overall, but you have the benefit of gold and reputation. At level 33, my dwarf is Revered with Ironforge, Stormwind and Darnassus. Depending on where I quest for 33-40, my first mount could be a horse or nightsaber if I choose.

Parcival

Post by Parcival » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Then we should have another poll about the rates. If the vast majority feels the 0.5x exp rates are too much, they can go to 1x. Sort of what we have now - with the option to continue playing full 0.5x, or keep with the progressive new rates.

Eitherway, something has to be done to get new players interested and keep those already playing, going forward. I've just today realized, the entirety of Delvers Inc is gone, together with Oakbound and Renegades. Basically every guild which was present from launch day, except the Brewery, is disbanded. We barely get 100 people on peak times. So - a poll to decide for the rates? Hear, hear?

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:35 pm

I doubt the problem lies in the rates. It's rather the lack of promotion (reddit, other media) and the server identity itself (true RP or not? lowered rates or not really?).
I mean, there are a lot more populated 1.12 servers with x1 rates or above, but Turtle is probably the only RP on 1.12.
I'm not saying x1 rates is a bad idea, but it's certainly not enough.
Since the unique trait of our server, which was 0.5 rates, has (partially) failed, maybe we should find another "magnet" for players?
Maybe expanding the RP areas and promote them as server's key feature is a way to go?
I don't know... on the other hand, RP servers are always destined to low population.
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Josefina

Post by Josefina » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 pm

Parcival wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 pm
Then we should have another poll about the rates. If the vast majority feels the 0.5x exp rates are too much, they can go to 1x. Sort of what we have now - with the option to continue playing full 0.5x, or keep with the progressive new rates.

Eitherway, something has to be done to get new players interested and keep those already playing, going forward. I've just today realized, the entirety of Delvers Inc is gone, together with Oakbound and Renegades. Basically every guild which was present from launch day, except the Brewery, is disbanded. We barely get 100 people on peak times. So - a poll to decide for the rates? Hear, hear?
I think we had a discussion about the rates, and that is how we got the progressive rates, as well as full XP in dungeons. At least 600 new accounts have been registered since last week, according to the site counter. That’s a positive sign. We have a core group of players logging in most days, and I think more are being added. I definitely have seen an uptick in RPing, even if very casually. Reddit posts about Turtle WoW keep coming up, and despite a few dedicated naysayers, the posts are overwhelmingly positive.

I think there will be more and more people that venture over here once the Classic demo is over, and it will be our job to convince them to stay. Sure, rates may keep people away, but I think it’s much more likely the community makes them stay. I’ve had so many great experiences. Multiple people have sent me schematics because I’m an outspoken engineer. I’ve had people open trade to give me green items. And many people will RP with me, even just a bit. Let’s jeep that up, and I think we will develop a small, but homey community and server.

Justice

Post by Justice » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Greetings!

I have a doubt: I earn too much experience after the new system of rates.

I chose hardcore mode (it's x0,5 exp I guess so), but to put one example: when I finished the quest ''The Missing Diplomat'' (last part) the reward is 575 experience (x1 system) and I got 5750 experience (x10).

What am I missing? The reward in x0,5 system should be 287,5 exp If I am right.

Forgive me if I wrote something wrong. English is not my mother language.

Thank you for reading, regards.

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Modified experience rates do not apply to quest exp, only to mob exp, thus no matter if you choose progressive rates or flat 0.5 , you still should get 100% exp from quests.
However, that x10 you're talking about seems strange, maybe that's just a bug.
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head