Opening Hidden zones for additional quest chains

Khazvarg

Opening Hidden zones for additional quest chains

Post by Khazvarg » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:31 am

My last visit to Ironforge wake some ideas no my head. I don't know if this can be actually done, but we have some unused zones in the game, such as Old Ironforge, that are fully designed and finished but they can't be accesed through any legal way. My point is, if this zones can actually be opened or accesed in some way, I can work on some custom quest or quest chain to get them involved. I have been thinking about some race specific quests that help expand the lore and story of each race (Can be actually cool if everyone can do others quest if they hace the Rep enough or something like that). I will continue working on this ideas for every race, and I welcome anyone who wants to participate, but I Will like yo know if this zones can be involved on them. Thank you for reading!
Khazvarg Wildhammer
Dwarf Warrior
"Ancestors guide me"

Kazgrim

Re: Opening Hidden zones for additional quest chains

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:29 am

+1 Old ironforge is pretty cool.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:21 am

Door behind Deliana.

I'd like to have Alpha Ironforge instead, alas, it's impossible. FeelsBadMan
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Alpha Ironforge would be craaaaaazy.

Old Ironforge, i.e. the subterranean cavern beneath Magni's court, is a nice little easter egg. A quest to learn more about the titans or rune magic!
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Khazvarg

Post by Khazvarg » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 am

Kazgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:23 pm
Alpha Ironforge would be craaaaaazy.

Old Ironforge, i.e. the subterranean cavern beneath Magni's court, is a nice little easter egg. A quest to learn more about the titans or rune magic!
The place above (the plataform beneath the purple cristals) is also know as the Assembly of Thanes, there we can get some quest chain involving the three major clans and some kind of feedback about the war of the three hammers, the Anvilmar bloodline and the earthen origins of the dwarves.
Khazvarg Wildhammer
Dwarf Warrior
"Ancestors guide me"

Oftis

Post by Oftis » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:57 pm

Did you get any response from the team on this? I still hope this will be considered as a future project. Or old Ironforge as a dungeon or raid. Then we just get teleported, so no need for reconstruction of Ironforge.

Philandros

Post by Philandros » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:33 pm

You mean like;
"The monstrous molten giant Bael'Gar lumbers across the Dark Iron Highway, a stunning feat of dwarven engineering carved into Blackrock Depths. Ragnaros pulled the giant from the heart of the Firelands to guard a massive sealed door at one end of the highway. According to legend, only the Firelord and the Dark Iron clan's highest-ranking members know what lies beyond the mysterious gate."

Where is the highway leading? is it the area on the map thats between Dun Morogh and Elwynn Forest? The direction its in is odd when compared to the world map. Does it lead to Titan facilites? Is it a tunnel system that links all the Dwarven Captial Mountains and was sealed after the war of The Three Hammers and the fall of Grim Batol to keep the Shadows at bay?

With the same mindset what about Grim Batol? The Orcs made it their base in WC2 but later the red dragonflight essentially cleared it out from orcs, but what is the 'darkness' still permeating inside?

And speaking of other sealed doors, what about the Furblog gates and tunnel closures?

Would also be cool if the arena in Orgrimmar could be used like the arena in STV. Have all the Mak'Goras!

Will these be future areas or raids on turtle? Only time will tell.

Lasershadow

Post by Lasershadow » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:20 pm

I figured Old Iron Forge could be made into the Alliance's version of Rage Fire Chasm dungeon.

The lore would be that attempts by the Dark Irons to invade into Iron Forge through Old Iron Forge using their Mole Machines backfired and now Troggs got into OIF thanks to the Dark Irons.

In the OIF dungeon the trash would be troggs and dark irons and Bosses would be Troggs and Dark Irons that lead their groups into OIF. Bonus points maybe that their hostile to each other.