Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post Reply
User avatar
Pompa
Posts: 350

Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Pompa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:45 pm

Image
Four years have passed since the mortal races banded together and stood united against the might of the Burning Legion. Though Azeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Horde and the Alliance has all but evaporated.
However a few in number have maintained their past relationships ever since. Jaina Proudmoore of Theramore and Thrall, Warchief of the Horde see the looming dangers threatening their people's existence to this very day. Thus have they appointed diplomats of both faction to rally those who are still willing to fight under the same banner in the coming battles ahead. Two of very good capabilities have been tasked with executing the navigation of the new alliance. Namely Tarun Swifteagle, a veteran warrior and general of the human army stationing in the Stormwind Keep and Karn Deepeye in the Valley of Wisdom who now serves as a scholar for the Horde leaving his warlock past behind.

Seek them out if you heed their call!
General Drakkisath has been defeated, but this has only been the beginning of the problems that the residents of Azeroth are going to face from now on...

Many are the voices that want to leave behind banal battles and join forces, finally, to survive the dangers that threaten the world.

Those brave heroes who desire to be united, may become diplomats speaking with Karn Deepeye in Orgrimmar or Tarun Swifteagle in Stormwind.

They will be able to group, speak and trade with members of the other faction.

Diplomacy channel: If you are a diplomat, you can join a cross faction channel by doing /join Diplomacy.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

User avatar
Jcarrill0
Posts: 185
Location: Azeroth

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Jcarrill0 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:06 am

Awesome

User avatar
Chlothar
Posts: 136

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Chlothar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:42 pm

I have mixed feelings about xfaction. Even though warcraft lore proves all races can interact and work together.

User avatar
Jcarrill0
Posts: 185
Location: Azeroth

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Jcarrill0 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:52 pm

Chlothar wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:42 pm
I have mixed feelings about xfaction. Even though warcraft lore proves all races can interact and work together.
In this circumstance with low population, this is ideal for the server. Perhaps when it’s high pop and everyone wants it, a chance will be needed, but right now..
This is awesome!

My real question is can my main... do the Onyxia questline, but on Horde side!
Sure the alliance one is cool, but slayin dragons on Horde quest, man that’s awesome fantasy!

Papasocke
Posts: 8

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Papasocke » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Jcarrill0 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:52 pm
Chlothar wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:42 pm
I have mixed feelings about xfaction. Even though warcraft lore proves all races can interact and work together.
In this circumstance with low population, this is ideal for the server. Perhaps when it’s high pop and everyone wants it, a chance will be needed, but right now..
This is awesome!

My real question is can my main... do the Onyxia questline, but on Horde side!
Sure the alliance one is cool, but slayin dragons on Horde quest, man that’s awesome fantasy!
I really hope that the devs can implement this. It would be really nice.

Claboth
Posts: 23

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Claboth » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Do we have a common World Chat to contact each other for dungeon parties. Cause it will be annoying to whisper a random person from the other faction through /who list, so they can ask in their world chat for a healer for RFK.
Sacredone, Tauren Druid.

Pigglebee
Posts: 83

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Pigglebee » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Maybe use the Turtle discord to set up parties?
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]

Claboth
Posts: 23

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Claboth » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:43 pm

Sounds good to me. :)
Sacredone, Tauren Druid.

User avatar
Sinrek
Posts: 1197
Location: England

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Sinrek » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:44 pm

Where are these guys? Will guards direct players to them when asked? Will you make another line for the questionary for guards?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

User avatar
Jcarrill0
Posts: 185
Location: Azeroth

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Jcarrill0 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:51 pm

Are these not the same diplomatic NPCs during the AQ War Effort?
Or just custom NPCs?

User avatar
Pompa
Posts: 350

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Pompa » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:20 pm

Claboth wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:13 pm
Do we have a common World Chat to contact each other for dungeon parties. Cause it will be annoying to whisper a random person from the other faction through /who list, so they can ask in their world chat for a healer for RFK.
We are studying adding a specific common channel for diplomats. Discord or /whisper is fine at this moment though.
Sinrek wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:44 pm
Where are these guys? Will guards direct players to them when asked? Will you make another line for the questionary for guards?
The center of The Trade District in Stormwind and the main Inn at Orgrimmar.
Jcarrill0 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:51 pm
Are these not the same diplomatic NPCs during the AQ War Effort?
Or just custom NPCs?
Custom NPCs.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

User avatar
Sinrek
Posts: 1197
Location: England

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Sinrek » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:21 am

What about the PvP rules? I mean, what if someone with Diplomat goes onto the opposite faction players?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

User avatar
Jcarrill0
Posts: 185
Location: Azeroth

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Jcarrill0 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:15 am

Sinrek wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:21 am
What about the PvP rules? I mean, what if someone with Diplomat goes onto the opposite faction players?
Not much of a diplomat then are they?

Papasocke
Posts: 8

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Papasocke » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi
I just want to ask if it would possible to enter the other faction cities as a diplomat. Of course without getting attacked by the faction.

Best regards,
Papasocke

User avatar
Peeves
Posts: 45

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Peeves » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Papasocke wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:57 pm
...if it would possible to enter the other faction cities as a diplomat...
I believe this is currently not the case. Being a diplomat only allows for an extension of the player-based interractions. I think messing with the code of NPCs is hard work and is outside the point of the addition - It's a way of bringing the players together, mainly to allow for more dungeons and raids to be cleared. While making the world mutual is a fine concept, I think it would only disturb the experience of the original game.

User avatar
Pompa
Posts: 350

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Pompa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:46 am

Peeves wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:19 pm
Papasocke wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:57 pm
...if it would possible to enter the other faction cities as a diplomat...
I believe this is currently not the case. Being a diplomat only allows for an extension of the player-based interractions. I think messing with the code of NPCs is hard work and is outside the point of the addition - It's a way of bringing the players together, mainly to allow for more dungeons and raids to be cleared. While making the world mutual is a fine concept, I think it would only disturb the experience of the original game.
Peeves is correct.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

User avatar
Kizzi
Posts: 19

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Kizzi » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:37 pm

thank you. this will a good addition to the server experience.

User avatar
Sinrek
Posts: 1197
Location: England

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Sinrek » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:55 pm

Is it the orish and common are now understandable by both factions? I mean, if I'm to be in a party with undead and begin speaking Darnassian will they understand me? Will I understand gutterspeak?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

User avatar
Pompa
Posts: 350

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Pompa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:55 pm
Is it the orish and common are now understandable by both factions? I mean, if I'm to be in a party with undead and begin speaking Darnassian will they understand me? Will I understand gutterspeak?
Diplomats speak in the Universal language.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

User avatar
Sinrek
Posts: 1197
Location: England

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Sinrek » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15 pm

That doesn't answer my question though.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

User avatar
Peeves
Posts: 45

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Peeves » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:31 am

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15 pm
That doesn't answer my question though.
I believe it does! Becoming a Diplomat develops your speech skills to the point of being able to speak to everyone. Diplomats are unable to speak in any other primary or race language, except the Universal language.

To illustrate my point: If you, Sinrek, the Diplomat rogue troll, try talking to me, the Diplomat druid night elf, in your native language - I believe, Zandali, I would understand every word you say. This would be the case, even if you communicate in Zandali, with let's say a druid tauren, that's not a Diplomat. The reason being is that your words will automatically be translated in Universal language, as you are a Diplomat yourself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in summary - Diplomats speak only in the Universal language, while non-Diplomats can choose what language they can speak in.

In conclusion, all of the language choices now go as follows:
Common for Humans;
Common and Darnassian for Night Elves;
Common and Dwarven for Dwarves;
Common and Gnomish for Gnomes;
Orcish for Orcs;
Orcish and Zandali for Trolls;
Orcish and Taur-ahe for Tauren;
Orcish and Gutterspeak for the Forsaken;
Universal for Human, Darnassian, Dwarven, Gnomish, Orc, Troll, Tauren and Forsaken Diplomats.

User avatar
Sinrek
Posts: 1197
Location: England

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Sinrek » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:08 am

So that means that whenever I'd like to speak with only Night Elves for example in a group with orcs they will all understand Darnassian, including orcs right?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

User avatar
Peeves
Posts: 45

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Peeves » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:19 am

The clarification is that Diplomats cannot speak in any other language. If you try speaking Darnassian, while being a Diplomat, no Darnassian is going to come out, as you've signed the Diplomat contract. To answer your question - depends.

Yes - If you are a Diplomat, and everyone else in the group, including the Night Elves and the Orcs are Diplomats too, they would all understand what you said, no matter if you tried speaking in Common, Darnassian or Orcish, as you are a Diplomat and your replies are automatically translated to Universal.

No - If you are not a Diplomat, but you meet a group of Diplomats, including Night Elves and Orcs are Diplomats, and you try speaking in Darnassian or Common, then only the Night Elves would understand you


Maybe - If you are not a Diplomat, but you are in a group with a Night Elf Diplomat, and try speaking Darnassian, he would understand you, but if he tries speaking in Darnassian back to you, anyone can understand him - not only Night Elves.

Diplomats can't understand other languages other than their race languages. They can only speak in Universal, which is understood by everyone.

User avatar
Peeves
Posts: 45

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Peeves » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:22 am

Bit of a hassle to explain it all. Sorry for the grammar.

User avatar
Torta
Posts: 1041

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Torta » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Updated information in the first post:
Diplomacy channel: If you are a diplomat, you can join a cross faction channel by doing /join Diplomacy.

Mittyt24
Posts: 1

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Mittyt24 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:03 am

Are you able to send mail cross faction?

User avatar
Sinrek
Posts: 1197
Location: England

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Sinrek » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:28 am

Between diplomats only.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

User avatar
Frosty
Posts: 20

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Frosty » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:25 am

If you're Dipomat, you can send mails to anyone, doesn't matter if you're Diplomat or not, that's what I have noticed. I don't know if it's intentional or not.

User avatar
Pompa
Posts: 350

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Pompa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Frosty wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:25 am
If you're Dipomat, you can send mails to anyone, doesn't matter if you're Diplomat or not, that's what I have noticed. I don't know if it's intentional or not.
Yes, it's intended.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Lumerarkenstone
Posts: 1

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Lumerarkenstone » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:26 pm

Does becoming a diplomat lock you out of toggling PvP on? And if so, is it reversable?

User avatar
Gurky
Posts: 99

Re: Join Forces: Become a Diplomat

Post by Gurky » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:31 pm

Lumerarkenstone wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:26 pm
Does becoming a diplomat lock you out of toggling PvP on? And if so, is it reversable?
Not affected by this, keep in mind diplomat is on by default now for everyone. Does not affect pvp.

Post Reply