Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Torta

Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Post by Torta » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:37 pm

Hello, everyone! We're happy to announce that the team is back from a break and the new patch is currently in the works. We will gradually update this thread as the development goes to keep you updated on the upcoming content!

General gameplay changes

New class & race combinations
  • Human Hunter. With assistance from their High Elven allies, many young humans have begun to adopt the ways of marksmanship and connection with nature.
  • Troll Warlock. With the reuniting of the forest trolls and the darkspear tribes, the practice of dark magic has become more prominent in troll culture, opening new ways for those who seek power, but at what cost?

New dungeons

New end-game raids

New zones & quests
  • Gilneas. The Greymane Wall lays opened, its gate shattered, what lies beyond shall now be rediscovered since its closure during the Third War...

New transport routes

PvP-related

Eightysixed

Re: Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Post by Eightysixed » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:14 pm

New Class? Or Class and race combinations?

Sen8sei

Post by Sen8sei » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:38 pm

Let's hope Humans can be Hunters. It never made sense to me why Blizzard waited so many expansions to do it.

For a pet class, it makes more sense to me. At least more so than Humans being Warlocks. I don't know too much lore-wise but as observed in the Warcraft movie only powerful enough characters such as Guldan or Mediv were able to channel the fel.

Plainbear

Post by Plainbear » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:45 pm

Troll Warlock make sense, so does Human Hunter. but I was hoping for some Tauren love. Tauren Warlock would have been nice if Tauren Paladin is out of Question.

Eightysixed

Post by Eightysixed » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:46 pm

Now I got more questions.....

How can Humans be hunters? They already can be Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Priest, Mage and Warlock? I thought the 1.12 Client was limited to 6 classes?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:47 pm

Eightysixed wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:46 pm
Now I got more questions.....

How can Humans be hunters? They already can be Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Priest, Mage and Warlock? I thought the 1.12 Client was limited to 6 classes?
We're raising the limit in the upcoming patch, to display more than six buttons on a character creation screen.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 am

Hype for Gilneas, but I agree with Plainbear. Tauren still have the lowest total class count and could use at least 1-2 more options. If Paladin isn't possible, then Priest would be my recommendation.

Also, are there more class tweaks/changes coming under that gameplay section?

Aeliren

Post by Aeliren » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:26 am

Very excited for Gilneas!

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:27 am

Bayanni wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 am
Not exactly class design tweaks, but there'll be some changes. This patch is going to be very big and important.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:29 am

Fingers crossed for new boat routes. Maybe gilnease stowmind? Menethil southshore or even steemwheedle port to westfall!

Is the paladin x shaman totem stacking decision made? Can we have it pls? Even if it means removing or nerfing world buffs. Its such a hastle to constantly having to work around it.

I have been trying to get sunnyglade pop atleast once for months now. I rly want those reputation rewards but it seems impossible. Is black Morast coming back this patch?

Lastly please no paladin nerfs lol.

Looking forward to the patch as always

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:37 am

Geojak wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:29 am
Lastly please no paladin nerfs lol.
Community Manager / Hardcore Enthusiast.

Xeapor

Post by Xeapor » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:59 am

Ogres my beloved, will you ever be playable?

Eightysixed

Post by Eightysixed » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:22 am

Will their be Undead Paladins?

Kaktus96

Post by Kaktus96 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:24 am

Bayanni wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 am
Hype for Gilneas, but I agree with Plainbear. Tauren still have the lowest total class count and could use at least 1-2 more options. If Paladin isn't possible, then Priest would be my recommendation.

I just can't really think of a class that would fit Tauren other than the 4 they can already be.
Paladin? No. Alliance exclusive. Unless alliance gets shamans.
Rogues? Not really. Unless the Grimtotem show them some kind of hidden stealth ability idk.
Mage and Warlock? Not really. Doesn't fit with the Tauren at all.
Priest? This one is the most likely but still doesn't make too much sense unless we pretend they don't use the power of the light but the sun.

Unless they plan the unthinkable and add shaman/paladin to alliance/horde.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:25 am

Eightysixed wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:22 am
Will their be Undead Paladins?
And Dwarf Shamans to go with them?
Xeapor wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:59 am
Ogres my beloved, will you ever be playable?
I share this pain.

Littlebirdd

Post by Littlebirdd » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:23 am

troll warlocks yesssss!
Headhunter Jasta of the Darkspear Tribe and Horde

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:24 am

Torta wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:37 pm
  • Gilneas. The Greymane Wall lays opened, its gate shattered, what lies beyond shall now be rediscovered since its closure during the Third War...
Please look at the post in Suggestions New Boat - Westfall to Silverpine Forest

Some form of boat transportation involving Gilneas would be great as they are on the coast.

In my opinion, a boat/town (preferably not goblin) that provides alliance/Horde easier access to Silverpine Forest & Westfall would be great.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:58 am

You guys do know the lore about Gilneas, right? The whole "Infected Soldiers that returned past the wall and the gate?"

Unless they are planning to add a capital Alliance hub right next to Undercity, which would horrible both for storytelling and Faction "Fairness", It will be a hostile zone with Worgen spread all over.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:22 am

Karrados wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:58 am
You guys do know the lore about Gilneas, right? The whole "Infected Soldiers that returned past the wall and the gate?"

Unless they are planning to add a capital Alliance hub right next to Undercity, which would horrible both for storytelling and Faction "Fairness", It will be a hostile zone with Worgen spread all over.
Most likely this. There may be a quest giver camp, but other than that I am with Karrados on this 100%

Littlebirdd

Post by Littlebirdd » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:29 am

Will there be new troll armors and glaives on this patch? and 1-hander glaives that sheaths straight in the back like a 2hander weapon, and also the armors of this cool looking npc i've just found in-game, it looks so cool for any races!
Headhunter Jasta of the Darkspear Tribe and Horde