2022 — August 10

Torta

2022 — August 10

Post by Torta » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:12 am

Thank you very much for submitting your client data for us to investigate random game crashes. We were able to find and isolate the issues that were causing your game to crash and close.

We will push yet another, hopefully the last one, emergency client update with a hotfix for this during today's maintenance!

Changelog for the upcoming server update:

• Fixed random client crashes around the world.
• You now can lookup a total amount of completed quests when you type /played
• Fixed some dungeon's homebind teleport if you are kicked from the group.
• Made Retribution Aura benefit from damage taken bonuses.
• Fixed Heart of the Crusader.
• Southsea Sash should only drop when on the quest.
• Fixed Omen of Clarity not proccing on spells.
• Fixed interrupted message when learning companions.
• Added gravestone spawn on death of Hardcore characters.

Fin

Re: Patch 1.16.3 — Changelog

Post by Fin » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:26 am

For those who are having issues with the updater:

1.16.3 patch only here :link
Extract the copy over the contents of the 1.16.3 folder in your wow folder.

Don't forget to clear your WDB folder.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Fireh20

Post by Fireh20 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:53 am

Still having issues logging on. says its up to date, but keeps kicking me out to try and update it. kinda new, so I don't know what to do. unhappy_turtle_head

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:20 am

So, let me get this straight.

Patch 1.16.0 was a major content patch, bringing lots of new dungeons, two new playable races, and a bunch of other great things. It was stable, it was fine, and it was fun.
Patch 1.16.1 was also a major content patch, bringing much the same and over 200 new bugs?
Patch 1.16.2 was a minor bug-fix patch and Patch 1.16.3 is, too…?

If this is the direction things are going, shouldn't Patch 1.16.1 have been "Patch 1.17.0"? What are the quantifiers for a sub-version or sub-sub-version increase, exactly? Seems arbitrary as heck.
And the fact that you're up to 1.16.3 with two "bugfix" patches tells me the content patch may have dropped… TOO SOON.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:27 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:20 am
So, let me get this straight.

Patch 1.16.0 was a major content patch, bringing lots of new dungeons, two new playable races, and a bunch of other great things. It was stable, it was fine, and it was fun.
Patch 1.16.1 was also a major content patch, bringing much the same and over 200 new bugs?
Patch 1.16.2 was a minor bug-fix patch and Patch 1.16.3 is, too…?

If this is the direction things are going, shouldn't Patch 1.16.1 have been "Patch 1.17.0"? What are the quantifiers for a sub-version or sub-sub-version increase, exactly? Seems arbitrary as heck.
And the fact that you're up to 1.16.3 with two "bugfix" patches tells me the content patch may have dropped… TOO SOON.
You regularly post incredibly unhelpful and unconstructive posts on these forums, but it seems that you are incapable of searching and reading the forums where it has been explained by those in the know time and again that the patch did not drop "TOO SOON".

There was never a too late or too soon. No amount of time would have changed the state of the patch. Everything worked fine, everything was stable, everything was ready to go. The issue lies in the actual process of translating the patch to live, where there are drastically different variables that were not or could not be accounted for compared to a clean slate baseline. Many of the bugs are related to things that were side-effects of replacing existing spells or overwriting existing systems that, to your credit, likely should have been cleaned up a long time ago.

Regardless, please save you fuming over arbitrary version numbering, or at least please go make this same complaint at the hundreds of other developers who do this. While as a developer myself, I agree with you that version numbering should follow a standard and triggers my OCD, it certainly doesn't justify making an exasperated post about on the forums directed at an already understaffed, overstressed team that is, despite what you may believe, doing their best to create a product they love, not FOR you or FOR me. It is FOR them, and that guides their work ethic and processes.

tl;dr calm your tits

Sebis

Post by Sebis » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:02 am

my antivirus says there is severe threat when I try to install it

Fin

Post by Fin » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:32 am

Sebis wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:02 am
my antivirus says there is severe threat when I try to install it
It's a false positive, and it's safe to install.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Durion

Post by Durion » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 am

please fix warlock talent master conjurer, i put in 2 points into it and it still heals without the % increase ty

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:34 pm

Durion wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 am
please fix warlock talent master conjurer, i put in 2 points into it and it still heals without the % increase ty
Please report this on our GitHub bug tracker.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Savan36

Post by Savan36 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:41 pm

my game is no longer heard when I lower the screen and it does not notify me when they call me to bgs or dungeons while I wait watching youtube :(