2022 — December 3

Jamey

2022 — December 3

Post by Jamey » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:29 am

This update mainly features a few hotfixes for previous update on December 1.

• Judgement of Wisdom will now trigger from procs.
  • Nerfed certain weapon procs in combination with Judgement of the Crusader.
  • Removed money rewards from some repeatable quests that were abusable.
  • Crusader Strike no longer removes Judgement effects.

Redmagejoe

Re: 2022 — December 3

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:15 am

I still don't understand what "Judgement of Crusader works with procs" means. Is there something about the mechanic I'm not understanding? It's simply a +20% holy damage debuff, no?

Glock1

Post by Glock1 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:42 am

This night something went wrong with -
Added a small chance for high level herbs to contain Black Lotus.

After restart I got tons of HI herbs and there were no single lotus.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:54 am

Glock1 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:42 am
This night something went wrong with -
Added a small chance for high level herbs to contain Black Lotus.

After restart I got tons of HI herbs and there were no single lotus.
If they use the same chance as blizzard did when they implemented the same thing in som thats not unlikely. The chance is SMALL
Jamey wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:29 am
This update mainly features a few hotfixes for previous update on December 1.

• Judgement of Wisdom will now trigger from procs.
  • Nerfed certain weapon procs in combination with Judgement of the Crusader.
  • Removed money rewards from some repeatable quests that were abusable.
  • Crusader Strike no longer removes Judgement effects.
Does that mean the ridiculous 400 mana per swing crap on jow is back? Or what procs do count for jow?

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:26 am

Thank you alot for bringing jow back!
Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:15 am
I still don't understand what "Judgement of Crusader works with procs" means. Is there something about the mechanic I'm not understanding? It's simply a +20% holy damage debuff, no?
As far as I understand right now, the holy dmg debuff is capped for now.

The new effect is, trigger weapon enchants and proccs with a 30x chance. 15x for aoe effects, 6x for cc effects. Thsi was stated by tiny in paladin discord.

Ww currently assume the crusader talent points, the libram of Fervor and the pvp gloves which used to boost judgment of the crusader do now only do something for crusader strike which for now has fully replaced jotc which isn't a bad thing to be honest.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:24 pm

Honestly the way Judgement of the Crusader was handled feels very ham-handed, as though it was changed just to justify Crusader Strike's existence. I don't think this is a good approach, as nothing was inherently wrong with Judgement of the Crusader. My understanding was that people took issue with Seal of the Crusader.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:50 pm

paladins spend months theorycrafting the perfect niche for seal of crusader and get a half ass bandaid lmao its poetic

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:54 pm

Atleast we can be the alpha nightfall user now. Leveling paladisn pay the price in confusion over jotc

Erousagi

Post by Erousagi » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:18 am

Geojak wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:54 pm
Atleast we can be the alpha nightfall user now. Leveling paladisn pay the price in confusion over jotc
Nah I'm having fun on my lvl40 paladin with Ravager, non-stop whirlwind is just what pally need XD

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:43 am

Probably the lowest lvl weapon you can get in game that is even worth using jotc now.

Dead spell until lvl 40 ish + you need a procc weapon first with an effect that is situationally better than just judging SoR.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:45 am

Revert Judgement of Crusader. It being replaced by Crusader Strike endgame isn't a point against it. Early on it's still worth using over Strike and it won't feel like a skill that literally doesn't belong in this game in the meantime.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:06 am

I also think it's not a good situation er are in with the tooltip not reflecting at all what it does. Imagine being new on the serveryhit lvl 4 on your pala, and fidn out jotc is "bugged" and does nothing. Bad first impression

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:17 am

There are different procc rates 30/15/6 for normal, aoe and cc effects.

So it turns out irofone doesn't work with jotc (procc 2 extra hits) but flurry axe does (proc 1 extra hit)

The Black blade on githib was reported dthat it doesn't stack 5x times as in blizzlike and now it won't be fixed because would be broken with jotc.

The hole design is quite the mess isn't it?

Consider scraping the procc bonus and make jotc do the following:

Do one bonus (attackspeed normalised) meele attack, can crit, can procc stuff with normal chances. Like crusader strike. Deals bonus dmg equal to the old bonus holy dmg of the debuff.

Yes thsi is basically tbc crusader strike but no it won't be good for pvp because you can not use this together with other seals. You gained a full ap based seal and judgement instead of the hybrid Soc or the full sp SoR.

This is useful in all lvl ranges, enables physical rets a new playstyle since spell retc dominate the meta atm.

This design isn't dependand on procc weapons, usrfull all game ranges and doesn't require workaround around procc balancing

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:52 am

Geojak wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:17 am
There are different procc rates 30/15/6 for normal, aoe and cc effects.

So it turns out irofone doesn't work with jotc (procc 2 extra hits) but flurry axe does (proc 1 extra hit)

The Black blade on githib was reported dthat it doesn't stack 5x times as in blizzlike and now it won't be fixed because would be broken with jotc.

The hole design is quite the mess isn't it?

Consider scraping the procc bonus and make jotc do the following:

Do one bonus (attackspeed normalised) meele attack, can crit, can procc stuff with normal chances. Like crusader strike. Deals bonus dmg equal to the old bonus holy dmg of the debuff.

Yes thsi is basically tbc crusader strike but no it won't be good for pvp because you can not use this together with other seals. You gained a full ap based seal and judgement instead of the hybrid Soc or the full sp SoR.

This is useful in all lvl ranges, enables physical rets a new playstyle since spell retc dominate the meta atm.

This design isn't dependand on procc weapons, usrfull all game ranges and doesn't require workaround around procc balancing
If we do go that way - we should make crusader strike an instant swing with respectable damage and some cd instead and give Judgement of the crusader its role as holy damage increase back.

Then we have a decent skill in Crusader Strike and a Useful Judgement for crusader - rather than having both be bastardized version of what they want to be.