Help! Shamans and racial spells/abilities

Gladeshadow

Help! Shamans and racial spells/abilities

Post by Gladeshadow » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:07 am

Hi! Making a shaman is something I'd like to do soon, and Turtle WoW has made it even ore interesting. Racials may not matter to some, but for me they add much more flavor to the game and are a lot of fun. So I'm looking for feedback and thoughts from other shamans or potential shamans about what works and what could potentially work well. Both the racial abilities and the racial spells can create some fun combinations or ways to play. Here are some pros for each race as I recall.

Orc:
Racial spell: Feral Spirit | 21% Base Mana Cost | 5 Minute Cooldown |
Summons two Spirit Wolves under the command of the Shaman for 20 seconds.
Racial abilities:
Axe Specialization - Skill with Axes and Two-Handed Axes increased by 5.
Blood Fury - Increases base melee attack power by 25% for 15 sec and reduces healing effects on you by 50% for 25 sec.
Command - Damage dealt by Hunter and Warlock pets increased by 5%.
Hardiness - Chance to resist Stun effects increased by an additional 25%.
Orcs seem like a solid choice. Good at burst damage in general. Not a huge synergy between skills and racials that I've noticed.

Troll:
Racial spell: Hex | 21% Base Mana Cost | 5 Minute Cooldown |
Transforms the enemy into a frog that cannot cast, and does 66% less damage for up to 4 seconds. Only works on Beasts, Humanoids and Critters.
Racial abilities:
Beast Slaying: Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%.
Berserking: Increases your casting and attack speed by 10% to 30%. At full health the speed increase is 10% with a greater effect up to 30% if you are badly hurt when you activate Berserking. Lasts 10 sec.
Bow Specialization: Skill with Bow Weapons increased by 5.
Regeneration: Health regeneration rate increased by 10%. 10% of total Health regeneration may continue during combat.
Throwing Specialization: Skill with Throwing Weapons increased by 5.
Trolls seem like a nice choice due to hex and berserking. Hex in particular looks like an excellent means of controlling a target, allowing the user some time more time to kill, escape, or do whatever else is needed.

Tauren:
Racial spell::
Tauren: Spirit Link | 21% Base Mana Cost |10 Minute Cooldown |
Link the spirits of an ally and their 3 closest allies within 15 yards together. When linked targets take damage, 10% is distributed among the other linked allies. Lasts 20 seconds.
Racial abilities:
Cultivation: Herbalism skill increased by 15.
Endurance: Total Health increased by 5%.
Nature Resistance: Nature Resistance increased by 10.
War Stomp: Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec.
And exclusive to Turtle WoW: Plainsrunning!
Spirit Link looks like a mixed bag that could help or harm the party. Would love to hear feedback about it. War stomp is excellent, allowing a specced fire nova totem to trigger without the possibility of foes killing it beforehand. It also allows time for a lesser healing wave or more time to turn into a spirit wolf to escape if needed. And it's simply a stun, which shamans lack, and additional interrupt. Plainsrunning is another nice ability to help the user and possibly confound opponents.

At this point, I'm mostly torn between trolls and tauren. No disrespect to orcs! I'd like to hear from those about why they are good as well. But mostly to hear about all the choices, which all look excellent.

Geojak

Re: Help! Shamans and racial spells/abilities

Post by Geojak » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:58 pm

I picked orc because hardiness is pretzy busted for pvp but I think Tauren would be very good too with the stun and extra hp. Liek you I felt spirit link seems underwhelming.

Hex seems also pretty good but longer CD so from a pvp standpoint the weakest race

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:59 am

Something ppl should know is Hex can be cast while moving.
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:38 am

Oh I thought it has cast time. Still you already have frostschock for slow in pvp. So probably troll now best for pve.