Enh sham suggestions

Bigsmerf

Enh sham suggestions

Post by Bigsmerf » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:58 pm

Don't worry, no wacky suggestions or primal strikes here, just some little tweaking ideas from someone with extremely limited knowledge. Down below is everything I've thought up or gathered from other posts. Mostly other people's ideas.

Nature's guidance (the hit talent I think) is not a healer talent. Put it early in enh or maybe ele, but preferably enh since that's the spec we're here to help.

Stormstrike doesn't work good right now. I'd probably lower the mana cost by a bit, and turn the effect into something that increases ALL nature damage instead of just 2 instances of damage for maybe half the time the CD lasts, so it's not up all the time but still offers a pretty consistent bump to dps for other shams and general nature effects/balance druids that use wrath.

Give a new rank of earth shock that doesn't do extra threat but is otherwise the same as regular earth shock. Would let you go ham on bosses in the beginning. Could remove the interrupt but that might add some bloat in forcing you to use two earth shocks on a class that already has tons of buttons to press.

Maybe do a similar thing with rockbiter weapon wherein you don't deal extra threat but the damage is the same.

Make Ancestral knowledge give 2% max mana per point and 10% when capped out. It's not a lot but it'll help with mana more than it normally would. Maybe swap it for Elemental Devastation in the ele tree too because that is NOT an ele talent in the slightest.

Make thunderhead change lightning shield to also discharge when you cast it on yourself, when you STRIKE an enemy, instead of being struck by them, you take up an orb charge and deal 50% of regular orb damage. This would give it use for a raiding sham that never gets hit and would bump up DPS by a good bit. BUT, you can only cast it on yourself every 30 seconds, so you're not spamming it and wasting mana but also making things busted, 'cause admittedly this might be a pretty drastic change.

Maybe change thundering strikes to also refund 2% mana per melee and/or earthshock crit, but make it so the effect only happens every... Ten seconds, I guess.

So then- what do we think? Am I butchering the entire game balance with this, or do we think it'll all work out pretty decent and bump enh up to become a bit more desirable to bring along/play as? I'm sure some of this isn't essential since shaman as a class already brings so much to the table for a group, but it's cool to speculate.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Terras

Re: Enh sham suggestions

Post by Terras » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:29 pm

A lot of it would probably be fine but I think the Ancestral Knowledge should probably do up to 10% of Intellect as opposed to just mana to match the pally talent or be 10% of mana and add X mana per 5 based on a % of the out of combat mana regen of the shaman. The first would match the pally but could be a balance issue for Elemental shamans in PVP. The second would add a specific flavor for the shaman and potentially solve some of the mana issues depending on tuning.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed May 01, 2024 1:52 pm

Bumping 'cause i like attention.

Manletow

Post by Manletow » Sun May 05, 2024 2:04 pm

Lightning Shield isn't terrible per-se -- its just that the other 2 new custom shields are better

Thunderhead is mid but not horrid... it does fix the problem of 'not getting value from Shields unless you personally get hit" by allowing you to put it on someone else (the tank)

And its cool that it has unlimited range (buff someone from 500 yards away. LOL)

I think its mostly the 3 Prerequisite talent points that are painful to invest in... 15% more damage is so pathetic. Should be 33% imo

Anyway, no offenz but I fundamentally reject the idea of making it 'discharge upon you attacking something' as I vastly prefer the flavor of Shaman being a Tank/Support -- not a DPS attacker

And I like the flavor of 'People get punished for hitting you' and 'Buffing others with the power of an Element'

P.S. Set Bonus: "Your Lightning Shield spell also grants you 15 mana per 5 sec. while active."
You actually can get value passively but you need full Naxx gear so its not realistic for 99% of Shamans lol.
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Skeetul77

Post by Skeetul77 » Mon May 06, 2024 3:42 am

Make clear casting from Elemental Focus also reduce the cost of stormstrike and lightning shield. Shamans have intense mana issues, and this would help a lot.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon May 06, 2024 11:52 am

Manletow wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 2:04 pm
Lightning Shield isn't terrible per-se -- its just that the other 2 new custom shields are better

Thunderhead is mid but not horrid... it does fix the problem of 'not getting value from Shields unless you personally get hit" by allowing you to put it on someone else (the tank)

And its cool that it has unlimited range (buff someone from 500 yards away. LOL)

I think its mostly the 3 Prerequisite talent points that are painful to invest in... 15% more damage is so pathetic. Should be 33% imo

Anyway, no offenz but I fundamentally reject the idea of making it 'discharge upon you attacking something' as I vastly prefer the flavor of Shaman being a Tank/Support -- not a DPS attacker

And I like the flavor of 'People get punished for hitting you' and 'Buffing others with the power of an Element'

P.S. Set Bonus: "Your Lightning Shield spell also grants you 15 mana per 5 sec. while active."
You actually can get value passively but you need full Naxx gear so its not realistic for 99% of Shamans lol.
I never really suggested taking away the reflect effect from lightning shield, but-... Looking back at how I worded things I guess it'd make sense you'd think so. Thanks for the input though.