About wc3 and wow hunt concept

Akarui

About wc3 and wow hunt concept

Post by Akarui » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:39 pm

a long time a thought about hunt conception in wow and remember what interesting types of hunts we had in wc3
//Assumptions see on 2nd post

WC3
Trolls

Headhunter - mid range, throwing spear, additional regen hp
Forest trolls and another from trash mobs - mid range, throwing axes

Nightelfes
Archer - long range, weak armor, just dmg
Hunteress - close range agile warrior, mid-close range, shield, good moving speed, owl, ricoshet attack
ImageImage
Tyrande (hunter+priest) - long range archer, trueshot aura, flaming arrow, another owl, starfall
Mayev - another close range agile warrior, blink, poison(dmg), throwing daggers (aoe), Vengenance spirit
Dryad - mid range, throwing spear, dispel, poison (slow)

Highelfes
Archer- same as nightelf archer
Sylvanas Windrunner- idk what she did turtle_tongue Cool long range archer turtle_tongue_head

Humans
Rifleman - long range, weak armor, just dmg
Undeads
Skeleton archer - long range, too weak armor, flaming arrow
Sylvanas banshee - long range, black arrow(+dmg and skeleton from dead enemy), silence
Orcs
Amazing Rexxar - true beast master, close range, fat hp and armor, summoning pets, midrange stun
Wyvern rider - mid-long range, throwing spear, poison

Other
Lady Vashj - long range hunter-mage. frozen arrow, mana-shield(mages got this) , tornado

Bandits - also mid range spear throwing. or close range spear and shield. slowing poison

They are all different, each range unit almost unique.

Possible what could be
If just classify with thinking about wow hunters possible specs, we could have amazing different specs and tactics
BM - close range, dual wield, throwing as additional. Fat hant and cool pets. More dependings with pet, more bonuses for and from pet.

MM - just range dps hunter with pet. Unstable dmg with procs and crits, or stable dmg with dots and fast shooting

Survival - mid-close range agile warrior, spear and shield, not good dps but good surv, maybe even agile tank (dodge, parry, block). Maybe even something like amazon with javelin in diablo median. Survivability instead of dmg.

but.... butt....
WoW
i think blizzard just havent enough time. They even didnt green flame for warlock spell as wanted chris metzen
bm - range hunter with good dmg pet

mm - another range hunter with good dmg and simple pet

surv - another range hunter with simple pet and bonuses for controll spells
Last edited by Akarui on Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Akarui

Re: About wc3 and wow hunt concept

Post by Akarui » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:45 pm

SO. A hunters in wow could be like that
Specs concept
Talent tree concept
Talent tree just view

Talent tree, spells, spell shanges, and assumed rotations in PVE
Thought about interesting gameplay but corresponding to the lore of the game.
BM - Almost Rexxar
Below - all possible talents and changes in spells (abilities).
Beast master, how else can we call him, cynologist, friend of animals. The sense in his name - Close contact with animals (or one animal - a pet). Hunter and pet as a one whole, indivisible into parts. They hunts together as a pack. A pet gives buffs for hunter, and hunter gives to pet. Only togheter they has good dps and good chances on survival. Its almost melee hunter with additional some throwing abilities in mid range.
MM - Archers, gunners.
Master of ranged weapon and distance battle, good weapon is a most important. Also has good arsenal of different arrows (see how many arrows has Hawk in avengers turtle_tongue). As a great archers (Sylvaana, Vajshi, Tyrande, Dead sylvaana),, can enchant own arrows (bullets) by elemental dmg and some little effect.
Each shoot is important. Not turret and not minigun that just floods by ammos. Currently dmg and speed of ranged seems on 1h weapon. I think that without changing dps - attack speed must be as for 2h. Pet is just helper, support.
SV - Almost Naisha
"let the hunt begin"
Hardy and dexterous, has no good dps at all but number one in survival. Almost melee hunter. Hasnt autoshot, just few ranged spells(abilities). Main weapon - Spear, also can use shield with spear but deal less dmg. Able to pursue its prey for a long time until exhausted. Misleading by illusions. Sets especially insidious and dangerous traps, and has good run speed (like retry pal +8%).
With that spec differences, the talents from secondary spec gives: BM - buffs for pet or by pet, and for melee damage. MM - buffs for ranged spells(abilities). SV - survivability
Last edited by Akarui on Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:21 am

I'd argue Maiev fits more into the rogue archetype.
The Hunteress had ricochet attack didn't she?
Some bandits had the sneak ability.
Akarui wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:39 pm
Possible what could be
If just classify with thinking about wow hunters possible specs, we could have amazing different specs and tactics
BM - close range, dual wield, throwing as additional. Fat hant and cool pets. More dependings with pet, more bonuses for and from pet.
MM - just range dps hunter with pet. Unstable dmg with procs and crits, or stable dmg with dots and fast shooting
Survival - mid-close range agile warrior, spear and shield, not good dps but good surv, maybe even agile tank (dodge, parry, block). Maybe even something like amazon with javelin in diablo median. Survivability instead of dmg.
I'd give BM the tank spec imo. Rexxar was bulky and he had Misha for cheap HP pool and damage. And for SV, its implementation is complicated as it offered utility in the form of scouting, movility and small tanking, things that aren't useful in wow (in dungeons and raids).

Akarui

Post by Akarui » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:30 pm

Markuis wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:21 am
I'd argue Maiev fits more into the rogue archetype.
The Hunteress had ricochet attack didn't she?
Some bandits had the sneak ability.

I'd give BM the tank spec imo. Rexxar was bulky and he had Misha for cheap HP pool and damage. And for SV, its implementation is complicated as it offered utility in the form of scouting, movility and small tanking, things that aren't useful in wow (in dungeons and raids).
maieve rogue ? in mail or plate armor? i did remember her quote "let the hunt begin".
about tanking - idk, Maybe yes, maybe not. Just mathematic. i thought that 1000 hp and 40% dmg decrease by armor. its a same that 800 hp 30% dmg decrease and aditional parry, dodge and block chance, also probably with kiting). Case 1 - u get all hits but less dmg from each. Case 2 - u get less hits with more dmg. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Shaman in mail too and can tanking simple instance, or elite mobs. Its just hard for developing but anyway will never happend.

ps. met rexxar kn monday in feralas.

Akarui

Post by Akarui » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:47 pm

Finally. done. Added in the secont post.

All years since wc3 frozen throne i wanted to play for hunter as Rexxar, or as nightelf`s Huntress, or Troll`s Headhunter . But no. ( Even now in Shadow lands we have some wierd mixes far from hunters in WC3.

In 2nd Post i described my assumptions that would like.

This is not suggestion for changes in Turtle wow BECAUSE, i havent enough resorces for calculating and testing ALL changes. Without balance we could have a world of one class =)

Breidr

Post by Breidr » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:44 pm

I'd love a way to drop the pet in exchange for something else. Not sure if you could balance it though.
Brandal Millbridge - Hedge Wizard