Petition to change the Shameful "Elune's Grace" Priest Racial

Nightowl

Petition to change the Shameful "Elune's Grace" Priest Racial

Post by Nightowl » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:44 pm

"Elune's Grace" - Level 20: Reduces damage taken by 95 and increases dodge by 10% for 15 seconds.

On a WHOOPING 5min cd at that btw. Blizzard feared the elusive Night Elf Priest tank so much they gave it a whooping 5min cd! This ability is so shit that you could literally reduce it to 30 second cd and would change absolutely nothing. So considering that Dwarf with addition of High Elf that gives priests access to that powerful 20% mana regeneration, I feel that Night elf priests are made obsolete. With this in mind, why not give it a buff or replace it altogether with something more Night-elf priestly? Here are a few ideas I've had in mind;

A) Buff it to 50-80% dodge. That way in something goes wrong and tank loses aggro because he got feared, the Priest can pop his own Evasion called "Elune's Grace" and try weather the storm by dodging like a graceful, elusive being which Night Elves are supposed to be. It won't be overpowered because in order to take advantage of it you'd literally would have to stand there and or use instant cast abilities.

B) Replace it with a 5min CD buff that Empowers your Starshard into becoming a "DoT", so that you can spam it on several mobs creating a mini Starfall as per WC3 Tyrande's ability:

"Elune's tears" - level 20: For the next 15-30 seconds your Starshards will act as DoTs that do not need to be channeled, your Starshard will also cost 25% less mana - 3-5 min cd.

Alternative to that would be

"Elune's blessing" - level 20: Your next starfall will hit all enemies within 30 yards - 1min cd.

With that change, the Night Elf priest would be capable of fulfilling the WC3 Priest Fantasy of channeling AOE Starfall - an ability that was later stolen from them and given to Boomkins - as well as be given their own respective niche in PVE.

Gladeshadow

Re: Petition to change the Shameful "Elune's Grace" Priest Racial

Post by Gladeshadow » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:22 pm

+1
Anything would be better than Elune's Grace. Even human's priest racial Feedback. That could also stand to be revisited.

Nightowl

Post by Nightowl » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:18 pm

Gladeshadow wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:22 pm
Even human's priest racial Feedback. That could also stand to be revisited.
Any cool ideas for that? I always sort of felt that Human Priest is one step away from donning on Plate Armor and becoming a Paladin, so perhaps we can use Paladin lore in tandem with Human Priest lore to seek some inspiration on that department?

A few ideas that come to mind:

- Holy Sanctuary - 10min cd. For the next 5-8 seconds you're immune to damage (as per Paladin bubble).
- Blessing for the Spirit - 30 second cd. Increases Spirit by X amount, stacks with Divine Spirit.
- Repentance - 1-5min cd. Puts an enemy in the stage of meditation for 6 seconds.
- Martyrdom - 10min-1hour? Give your own life restore 100% health and 100% mana to a target.
- Concecration - 30-60 sec cd. The Paladin ability
- Divine Favor - 5min cd. Your next healing spell will have 100% crit chance
- Aura of Spirit - no cd. Everyone in your party will get X amount of Spirit buff scaling up to 60.
- Blessing of Wisdom/King - no cd. Allowing Human priests to use a Paladin's unique ability.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:22 am

Humans have one decent ability in desperate prayer and feedback is arguably useful in pvp.

So they should take a BIG backseat while trolls and nightelfs are walking around with their shitty excuse of a racial.

I think 80% dodge is a little silly. Especially once again considering its pvp applications.

I thought about it in the past and a possible improvement would be to make it castable on others. Maybe still bump up the numbers a little bit. But a dodge increase for the tank could be helpful in certain encounters

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:53 pm

Kairion wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:22 am

I thought about it in the past and a possible improvement would be to make it castable on others. Maybe still bump up the numbers a little bit. But a dodge increase for the tank could be helpful in certain encounters
- Solution 1 : Upgrade it to BC version

Elune's Grace
3 min cooldown
Reduces the chance you'll be hit by melee and ranged attacks by 20% for 15 sec.

- Solution 2 : Make it castable on others AND buff it

Elune's Grace
5 min cooldown
Reduces damage taken from all sources by 21 and increases chance to dodge by 20% for 15 sec.

- Solution 3 : Associate it with Starshards for a cool effect

Elune's Grace
Instant 5 min cooldown
Reduces ranged damage taken by 21 and increases chance to dodge by 10% for 15 sec.
Under this effect, your starshards affects all other enemies within 10 yards of the enemy target.

- Solution 3 bis : Associate it with Starshards for a cool effect and change the dodge useless thing in that situation

Elune's Grace
Instant 5 min cooldown
Reduces ranged damage taken by 21 and increases chance to resist any spell by 10% for 15 sec.
Under this effect, your starshards affects all other enemies within 10 yards of the enemy target.

I love the third one.
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?