Judgement of Light Healing affected by Righteous Fury

Jackless89

Judgement of Light Healing affected by Righteous Fury

Post by Jackless89 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:32 pm

I wonder if the healing done by Judgment of Light is generating threat and if that threat is also increased by Righteous Fury. The Tooltip of RF says it only affects holy attacks and I guess self heal doesnt count as an attack?

Boras

Re: Judgement of Light Healing affected by Righteous Fury

Post by Boras » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:50 pm

Gaining resources directly generate threat. Rage, health, and mana gains generate threat divided equally to all mobs that have been aggroed. Rage has 5x threat modifier, health has a 0.25x threat modifier, and mana has a 0.5x modifier. Buffing also causes threat. You’re better off using Seal of Wisdom/Judgement of Wisdom combo when tanking trash. Seal of Righteousness/Judgement of Wisdom with 5 stacks of Crusader Strike is what you want for single target. Seal of Light/Judgement of light is used as a form of proactive damage mitigation similar to blocking from Redoubt or Holy Shield. This is good if you are sure you can hold threat but expect a tons of damage like from the dragonkin in Sunken Temple that reduce your armor by 50%. The threat is given to whomever receives the hp or mana gain from the Judgement procs. I’m unsure if RF affects the threat modifier for this on this server. I think it only affects holy damage.

Boras

Post by Boras » Sat May 20, 2023 3:36 am

Jackless89 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:32 pm
I wonder if the healing done by Judgment of Light is generating threat and if that threat is also increased by Righteous Fury. The Tooltip of RF says it only affects holy attacks and I guess self heal doesnt count as an attack?
This server is scuffed. Wisdom procs do not generate threat. Needs to be fixed.

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Sat May 20, 2023 6:49 am

Boras wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:36 am
Thats Blizzlike.

Boras

Post by Boras » Sat May 20, 2023 1:39 pm

Trymv1 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:49 am
Boras wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:36 am
Thats Blizzlike.
No it’s not. Procs that generate resources aka rage, energy, hp, or mana are supposed to cause threat. 0.5x is the threat modifier for mana and righteous fury has a 1.9x threat modifier for holy spells

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Sat May 20, 2023 10:05 pm

Boras wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:39 pm
No it’s not. Procs that generate resources aka rage, energy, hp, or mana are supposed to cause threat. 0.5x is the threat modifier for mana and righteous fury has a 1.9x threat modifier for holy spells
Mana generated per JoW proc is a standardized thing (its basically 25 on proc), is only gained by whoever regens it and not globally funneled into the Paladin, and Righteous Fury doesnt affect it because the proc itself is a Physical school ability.

Blizzlike.

Boras

Post by Boras » Sun May 21, 2023 2:15 am

Trymv1 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 10:05 pm
Boras wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:39 pm
Mana generated per JoW proc is a standardized thing (its basically 25 on proc), is only gained by whoever regens it and not globally funneled into the Paladin, and Righteous Fury doesnt affect it because the proc itself is a Physical school ability.

Blizzlike.
No one said it funnels all threat to the paladin. It’s a holy spell. Righteous fury is supposed to affect it. It currently generates zero threat whatsoever. Stay ignorant.

Balake

Post by Balake » Sun May 21, 2023 8:54 am

Boras wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 2:15 am
No one said it funnels all threat to the paladin. It’s a holy spell. Righteous fury is supposed to affect it. It currently generates zero threat whatsoever. Stay ignorant.
Resource generation is not affected by any modifiers. Bloodrage for warriors is not affected by the Defensive stance modifier.

Boras

Post by Boras » Sun May 21, 2023 6:11 pm

Balake wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 8:54 am
Boras wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 2:15 am
Resource generation is not affected by any modifiers. Bloodrage for warriors is not affected by the Defensive stance modifier.
Apples and oranges. Am I talking about warriors? No.

RF is supposed to modify all holy spell threat by 1.9. End of story. Blessings are modified (except bow). Consecration, seal of righteousness, holy shield, blessing of sanctuary, and seal of light are modified. Seal of wisdom and judgment of wisdom cause zero threat. A proc from judgment of wisdom gives 59 mana, which should translate to 29.5 threat normally. This does not occur. The same proc with a paladin using RF should cause 56.05 threat. This also does not occur. This needs to be fixed.

Balake

Post by Balake » Sun May 21, 2023 8:12 pm

You're the one who brought it up here
Boras wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:50 pm
Gaining resources directly generate threat. Rage, health, and mana gains generate threat divided equally to all mobs that have been aggroed. Rage has 5x threat modifier, health has a 0.25x threat modifier, and mana has a 0.5x modifier. Buffing also causes threat. You’re better off using Seal of Wisdom/Judgement of Wisdom combo when tanking trash. Seal of Righteousness/Judgement of Wisdom with 5 stacks of Crusader Strike is what you want for single target. Seal of Light/Judgement of light is used as a form of proactive damage mitigation similar to blocking from Redoubt or Holy Shield. This is good if you are sure you can hold threat but expect a tons of damage like from the dragonkin in Sunken Temple that reduce your armor by 50%. The threat is given to whomever receives the hp or mana gain from the Judgement procs. I’m unsure if RF affects the threat modifier for this on this server. I think it only affects holy damage.
No, it's NOT comparing apples to oranges. Righteous Fury does not increase the threat generated by judgement of wisdom if it theoretically generated threat. That is not blizzlike behavior.

That doesn't mean I'm against making it do that though? I'm just replying to you cause you said the other person is ignorant when you yourself were unaware of this quirk in the threat system.

Boras

Post by Boras » Sun May 21, 2023 9:16 pm

Balake wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 8:12 pm
You're the one who brought it up here
Boras wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:50 pm
No, it's NOT comparing apples to oranges. Righteous Fury does not increase the threat generated by judgement of wisdom if it theoretically generated threat. That is not blizzlike behavior.

That doesn't mean I'm against making it do that though? I'm just replying to you cause you said the other person is ignorant when you yourself were unaware of this quirk in the threat system.
Yes, it does get modified by RF. It also doesn't cause any threat whatsoever which is a problem. I'm done talking to retards.