How "Hard" is Paladin

Breidr

How "Hard" is Paladin

Post by Breidr » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:30 am

Bouncing off my thread in general, I'm looking for a new class to play. I played a Hunter way back, but wasn't a fan of the extra maintenance. I was leaning towards Mage, but am a fan of heavy melee characters, sword and board is my favorite thing, but I'll probably go ret. I also like that Paladin gets class quests and some cool stuff, like a mount.

I'm just not all that great at advanced mechanics and juggling skills. I play to just "enjoy the ride." How does the Paladin fit this ideal?-
Brandal Millbridge - Hedge Wizard

Overdosed

Re: How "Hard" is Paladin

Post by Overdosed » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:45 am

It's the easiest class that has ever existed in the history of this game. Pop a seal and aa untill the mob is dead. Extremely boring class though.

Breidr

Post by Breidr » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:51 am

Overdosed wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:45 am
It's the easiest class that has ever existed in the history of this game. Pop a seal and aa untill the mob is dead. Extremely boring class though.
That's solo PvE, what about in a group scenario?
Brandal Millbridge - Hedge Wizard

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:08 am

Paladin was initially designed as the class for new players. The easiest to play by design. In both solo and grp play.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:11 am

Overdosed wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:45 am
Something does not add up. Why is such an extremely boring class so popular on turtle? Surely you are wrong or this is entirely subjective.

Thol

Post by Thol » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:13 am

Paladin was changed here, it's no longer seal + auto attacks only, they added crusader strike and holy strike so it's a bit more dynamic. I don't think it's the easiest class, hybrid classes (paladin,druid,shaman) are a bit more complex since they can fill all 3 roles (healer/tank/dps). Mage is the easiest for a new player I would say, you can only use one ability if you want and still be effective. Ret Paladin in PvE is lacking even with the changes, so I wouldn't recommend it, you'll be oom most of the time and will have to drink more than a healer. Healing spec is the most viable but in 5man it requires awareness and can be stressful. Tank spec is viable as well but it's not an easy role to fill.

Thol

Post by Thol » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:16 am

Shamma wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:11 am
Something does not add up. Why is such an extremely boring class so popular on turtle? Surely you are wrong or this is entirely subjective.
Not everyone makes rational choices, High Elves are very popular because pretty and most play Paladin too because they played Blood Elf Paladin on retail. I don't think they necessarily know Ret is not that good in vanilla and that they'll have to heal in raids.