PVE Ret Rotation and Talents question New Player Help

Eck

PVE Ret Rotation and Talents question New Player Help

Post by Eck » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:18 pm

Hey all I'm a Newcomer to Turtle WoW and I'm having a blast so far. For my first character I've decided to just do a normal style play then I can branch out into the alternate play styles.

So I have a history with Paladins but I've never played Ret in vanilla or much at all really.
I've ran into same of the class changes which so far I really enjoy.

Is seal twisting still a thing? as thats something I never quite understood very well. With crusader strike do I still need to judge crusader? As it states in the tool tip these do not stack together. Currently I don't see why you would want to judge crusader other than a cushion to make sure you always have some bonus damage.
Holy Strike do I need to have it preloaded and use with crusader strike and whichever seal I have active?

Seal of Righteousness vs Seal of Command I guess this goes back to my seal twisting question. I would prefer not to seal twist but I can learn if I have to. Or maybe there is an alternative method.

Then lastly I love the talent trees and if anyone can guide me towards a few specs for ideas I would appreciate that very much.

I did browse the forum for a post that would have this information sorry if there is already something as I could not spot the exact post I need on my phone at work.

Thanks

Eck

Kwayver

Re: PVE Ret Rotation and Talents question New Player Help

Post by Kwayver » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:54 am

seal twisting is not a thing here.

if you are using crusader strike you never need to use judgmeent of the crusader. they dont stack. judgment of the crusader is essentially a dead seal.

holy strike works the same way as heroic strike. you can macro it into an ability if you want, or use it before your next white swing.

if you are levelling use seal of command and stack str/ap. once you hit lvl cap and/or start collecting spell power items switch to seal of the righteous and hire a personal enhance shamen to shadow you permanently

https://talents.turtle-wow.org/paladin/U51-UI-5F6VCFB
this is a pretty cookie cutter pve build. note the talent calc doesnt have sanctified command in it and there are 2 points left in this build. you can shift them around for sanc command or move some points into parry for more survival if you wish.

If any of the above sounds stupid or confusing, that's because it is. having said that, it is a fun spec to play to 60.

Eck

Post by Eck » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:47 pm

Hey thanks for the reply. No it all makes perfect sense. thanks for the information and suggestions. I will take your advice.

Thanks

Eck

Proudwell

Post by Proudwell » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:24 pm

Kwayver wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:54 am

if you are using crusader strike you never need to use judgmeent of the crusader. they dont stack. judgment of the crusader is essentially a dead seal.

holy strike works the same way as heroic strike. you can macro it into an ability if you want, or use it before your next white swing.

if you are levelling use seal of command and stack str/ap. once you hit lvl cap and/or start collecting spell power items switch to seal of the righteous and hire a personal enhance shamen to shadow you permanently

this is a pretty cookie cutter pve build. note the talent calc doesnt have sanctified command in it and there are 2 points left in this build. you can shift them around for sanc command or move some points into parry for more survival if you wish.

If any of the above sounds stupid or confusing, that's because it is. having said that, it is a fun spec to play to 60.
My friend and I are dual paladins and he usually just uses JoC, but on elites, he uses JoC and CS and my SoR hits do almost as much as my 1h weapon damage when CS is stacked and JoC is applied. They do stack.

Kwayver

Post by Kwayver » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:42 am

Proudwell wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:24 pm
Kwayver wrote:

My friend and I are dual paladins and he usually just uses JoC, but on elites, he uses JoC and CS and my SoR hits do almost as much as my 1h weapon damage when CS is stacked and JoC is applied. They do stack.
If that is the case (and I'm not saying it isn't) I wouldn't get used to it. Devs specified these 2 effects were never intended to stack and will likely patch it soon

Novola

Post by Novola » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:45 am

Can confirm that they still, in fact, stack.

Proudwell

Post by Proudwell » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:22 pm

Kwayver wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:42 am
Proudwell wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:24 pm
Kwayver wrote:

If that is the case (and I'm not saying it isn't) I wouldn't get used to it. Devs specified these 2 effects were never intended to stack and will likely patch it soon
That'd be very unfortunate if they didn't mean for them to stack. It's been very beneficial for my tanking. It'd also make me question the purpose of Crusader's Strike, since I don't think the Improved SoC from Ret doesn't properly affect Crusader Strike's debuff.

Akil1337

Post by Akil1337 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:03 pm

yep would be pretty bad to remove the stacking from SoCrusader and Crusader Strike. On this server retri pala gameplay is fun with seal switching.... So pls dont remove one of my buttons to press xD