OP Crusader Strike

Alender

OP Crusader Strike

Post by Alender » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:58 pm

Crusader strike seems little OP for me.

It would be better if there will be cooldown, at least 3-second. I can go with this like killing maschine. Of course, i am out of juice very often, but killing mobs is too rapid by me.

My suggestion
Dmg - 50% weapon dmg
CD - 3 second
Holy dmg bonus, fine by me.

Phoenixphire

Re: OP Crusader Strike

Post by Phoenixphire » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:04 pm

There are a lot of classes that can kill things very fast. Just cause paladins can now too doesn't make it op, it makes us run out of mana really fast. It is balanced well for its mana cost, it has no cd so it can be stacked fast.

Alender

Post by Alender » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:14 pm

I know, but for paladin, IDK..This crusader strike, make me feel little uncomfy with NO COOLDOWN. Its like rouge sinister strike...

For rouge - Quick weapons with low fast dmg, fast killing, okey...he is assasin, it make that feel
For pally - Slow weapon, few massive dmg. That feel more like a paladin. Those fast strike realy take off immersion.

Mayby it can have only 3 stacks with add 10 Holy dmg each. 3 sek cooldown. And some bigger dmg and mana consumption, if you want....

Myrkul

Post by Myrkul » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:22 pm

It's game breaking in PVP. Totally fine in grouped PVE content because as you said you'd go oom extremely fast. I feel like some of those class changes do mess up with PVP a bit too much but I understand that this might not be a top priority for a PVE RP server.

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:45 pm

Funny, the paladin discord is full of conversations about how CS is underwhelming to say the least; especially after the fix making CS and JotC not stack anymore.

How exactly is it OP? It is cheap, mana-wise, and no cooldown, but it does 103 physical damage that is unaffected by what weapon you are using (as far as i know) and doesn't proc seals.

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:28 pm

Alender wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:58 pm
Crusader strike seems little OP for me.

It would be better if there will be cooldown, at least 3-second. I can go with this like killing maschine. Of course, i am out of juice very often, but killing mobs is too rapid by me.

My suggestion
Dmg - 50% weapon dmg
CD - 3 second

You know . . . you can just . . . not use the abilities you dont like ? and you can also let the ppl that like it have their fun ?

Proudwell

Post by Proudwell » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:50 pm

I bet your mana cries out every fight. My friend eats trough his mana when he uses his Crusader Strike. Maybe the fighting is faster than usual, but that's just compared to before.

As a mage, I just needed to hit an enemy with a few scorches and a fireball and enemies were dead. Very quick fight, doubtlessly outpaces my friend's paladin in a fight.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:38 am

Alender wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:58 pm
My suggestion
Dmg - 50% weapon dmg
CD - 3 second
Wait a second... That's a buff!

Yes pls change Cs to this.

I don't know how you came yo itje conclusion that you feel like killing stiff too fast since paladins have always killed stuff the slowest next to maybe sanding Preist or druids. A little boost doesn't hurt the class, crusader strike is pretty mediocre if you ask me

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:40 am

Myrkul wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:22 pm
It's game breaking in PVP. Totally fine in grouped PVE content because as you said you'd go oom extremely fast. I feel like some of those class changes do mess up with PVP a bit too much but I understand that this might not be a top priority for a PVE RP server.
Could you explain how it's game breaking? I wish to learn how

Alender

Post by Alender » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:20 am

Crusader strike on first wiev is okey...like everyone say, it´s mana hungry ability. Don´t do lot of Dmg, don´t scale with weapon, don´t proc seals. But no cooldown, can make it breaking OP.

- Dmg is low, but you can stack it very quickly, becouse of no COOLDOWN. Many ofyou said, but yes it okey, you than just don´t have mana...and okey, if you don´t stack mana gear you don´t go so fast out of mana, and you can do ton´s of quick little dmg. Basicly its little brother of sinister strike with no limits.

For, PvP, beside of that - very hard pushback...

I played WoW for 15 years now, know every possibility how to take advantage of something, what is at least little broken and others even don´t see it.