Pally Buff durations from 5 > 30 min

Velite

Re: Pally Buff durations from 5 > 30 min

Post by Velite » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:09 am

Sinrek wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:27 pm
Velite wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:12 pm
I thought the whole point of the class changes, and overall class design, was to make the classes distinct.
And they are. There's not much that should be changed with existing spells on those two. Well … perhaps some nerfs on the new stuff since it's clearly OP right now. Everything else is ok.
They're not if 2 classes have things which conflict and must have parity lol.
Resident Paladin Expert

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:29 pm

Velite wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:09 am
Hold on a second. So you're saying we should separate the horde from the alliance as it was supposed to be? lol.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Velite

Post by Velite » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:54 am

Sinrek wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:29 pm
Velite wrote:
Hold on a second. So you're saying we should separate the horde from the alliance as it was supposed to be? lol.
By having the 2 classes on separate factions, it goes against the core class design philosophy that classes should be unique. It creates this desire that we have to design them to be equal. That was the motivation for unlocking them for both factions, Blizzard could move forward in designing them separately (this is stated in a TBC documentary with Jeff Kaplan). So no, we should not remove cross faction as we've enabled a vital step in letting these two classes follow the intended design of being unique, because picking either of them doesn't lock you out of a specific raid group on Turtle Wow. Now we should go further and take advantage of this to improve both of the classes, since apart from PvP there's no reason that a Shaman's design should affect a Paladin's design, and vice versa, just as the design of a Mage does not affect the design of a Hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41w3zsE77cg
Resident Paladin Expert

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:57 pm

Velite wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:54 am
apart from PvP there's no reason that a Shaman's design should affect a Paladin's design, and vice versa
Yes. PvP is active and that's why we can't.

Nearl

Post by Nearl » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:24 pm

I really think that increasing it could make everyone happy, even tho its intended game mechanic it doesn't mean its good Sinrek, I really believe you should let things be just better, like my fishing post, its just QoL, it doesn't make the game easier or harder, it just makes it less of a pain.. and I do hope you're not masochist lol turtle_tongue

Anyway, +1 on that.

High-Sentinel of The Sentinel Army

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:32 pm

Nearl wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:24 pm
I really think that increasing it could make everyone happy, even tho its intended game mechanic it doesn't mean its good Sinrek, I really believe you should let things be just better, like my fishing post, its just QoL, it doesn't make the game easier or harder, it just makes it less of a pain.. and I do hope you're not masochist lol turtle_tongue

Anyway, +1 on that.
I really think that changing something in game that isn't broken will make everyone happy, regardless of intention, mechanics are there and have been working fine. These QoL changes brought us to what we have in retail, and it didn't make the game better, it made the game stale and bland… and I do hope you're not a junk food eater lol turtle_tongue

Anyway, -2 on that.

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:38 pm

Velite wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:54 am
Sinrek wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:29 pm
Velite wrote:
By having the 2 classes on separate factions, it goes against the core class design philosophy that classes should be unique. It creates this desire that we have to design them to be equal. That was the motivation for unlocking them for both factions, Blizzard could move forward in designing them separately (this is stated in a TBC documentary with Jeff Kaplan). So no, we should not remove cross faction as we've enabled a vital step in letting these two classes follow the intended design of being unique, because picking either of them doesn't lock you out of a specific raid group on Turtle Wow. Now we should go further and take advantage of this to improve both of the classes, since apart from PvP there's no reason that a Shaman's design should affect a Paladin's design, and vice versa, just as the design of a Mage does not affect the design of a Hunter.

agree on that

Nearl

Post by Nearl » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:43 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:32 pm
Nearl wrote:

Anyway, +1 on that.
I really think that changing something in game that isn't broken will make everyone happy, regardless of intention, mechanics are there and have been working fine. These QoL changes brought us to what we have in retail, and it didn't make the game better, it made the game stale and bland… and I do hope you're not a junk food eater lol turtle_tongue

Anyway, -2 on that.
I doubt that making the buff go to 30min and making fishing 10sec would make the game more stale and bland, at this point you're just enjoying the pain of such mechanics that aren't good at all and needs to be improved. I never saw in my life a paladin change his benediction suddenly because he needs mana or he needs more AP in a middle of a dungeon or a raid or just a simple fight.
Those mechanics definitly needs improvement and just buffing the duration won't hurt anyone. Get over it.

Mrrosh

Post by Mrrosh » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:34 pm

I would love having the buff duration increased, even something less, like 10 minutes, would still be amazing.

Kwayver

Post by Kwayver » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:23 am

Paladin blessings lasting 5 minutes results in more downtime between fights due to rebuffing and drinking after.
Most people would prefer less downtime during a dungeon. This change isn't just to benefit paladins, it benefits any group running with a paladin.

Additionally, it's good etiquette to give people a bit when they buff you. I feel almost guilty when a priest or mage or druid gives me a 30 minute buff and all I can do in return is a 5 minute buff that will likely have written off by the time they take a flight path anywhere.

At the very least the regular blessings of Kings, might, wisdom, salvation, and light should last 15 minutes and greater versions last 30 minutes.

Nearl

Post by Nearl » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:30 am

Kwayver wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:23 am
Paladin blessings lasting 5 minutes results in more downtime between fights due to rebuffing and drinking after.
Most people would prefer less downtime during a dungeon. This change isn't just to benefit paladins, it benefits any group running with a paladin.

Additionally, it's good etiquette to give people a bit when they buff you. I feel almost guilty when a priest or mage or druid gives me a 30 minute buff and all I can do in return is a 5 minute buff that will likely have written off by the time they take a flight path anywhere.

At the very least the regular blessings of Kings, might, wisdom, salvation, and light should last 15 minutes and greater versions last 30 minutes.
Exactly, finally someone that gets it, unlike someone here that still believes having 5 min buff duration is a good thing :p
I also felt guilty as a paladin when for example a druid gives me a 30min buff and all i can do its to give him a 5m one.. that sucks.
Last edited by Nearl on Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Velite

Post by Velite » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:07 pm

Frankly I don't even think blessings are that powerful. Arcane Intellect/Power Word: Fortitude/Mark of the Wild are just as strong as any given paladin blessing, just in a different area.
Resident Paladin Expert

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:54 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:32 pm
Nearl wrote:

Anyway, +1 on that.

Anyway, -2 on that.

At this point you are literally lying, saying those(!) changes led to WoW being bad is just delusional.
After blizzard made those changes wow peaked and was in its prime for the vast majority of the playerbase

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:38 am

Venytas wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:54 pm
At this point you are literally lying, saying those(!) changes led to WoW being bad is just delusional.
After blizzard made those changes wow peaked and was in its prime for the vast majority of the playerbase
Really? Why are you here then? Waiting for that Classic WotLK prime age, eh? KEKW

Nearl

Post by Nearl » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:45 am

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:38 am
Venytas wrote:
Really? Why are you here then? Waiting for that Classic WotLK prime age, eh? KEKW
What a toxic behavior, and you're here giving your vote on a topic that will maybe change the future of the server, honestly all you deserve right now is to be ignored. Its not because we want those buffs to be 30min instead of 5 that we're wotlk classic enjoyers. In fact I hate Blizzard and many of us here do, never forget that.

About the topic now: Tbf maybe 30min its too much, 15min like food buffs would be quite cool tho, at least we coud make something out of it. Talents could make the buff last longer.
Last edited by Nearl on Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paledot

Post by Paledot » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:51 am

The Alliance has so many paladins that 5 min is even too long.
(Just joking, I personally would vote to make every similar short buff to 10 min but probably not more.)

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:49 pm

Nearl wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:45 am
What a toxic behavior, and you're here giving your vote on a topic that will maybe change the future of the server, honestly all you deserve right now its to be ignored. Its not because we want those buffs to be 30min instead of 5 that we're wotlk classic enjoyers. In fact I hate Blizzard and many of us here do, never forget that.
Work with what you have. Stop asking for another tool if you can't learn properly how to wield what you've agreed to from the start. Class design is fine and the duration is even better than what it was supposed to be.

Toxicity is there due to the simple fact you optimizing snowflakes wannabe can't be bothered to push your blasted button every 5 mins. The audacity, my sides!!

You are in a group. Perfect situation for a paladin. You buff yourself first (to see when the timer is about to run out easier) then you buff your weakest to strongest party members. That's in total 10 clicks! With a macro for each blessing, it could be even twice as less!! Nothing complicated here.

Your mana drops lower than 50%? No problem, start whacking things with your Seal of Wisdom on. Your allies are low on mana? Judge this shit on the target they hit! Yes some fights require much more healing, and sometimes things go awry, but that's what you have to asses before the fight and use the tools available to your class in a proper moment. The duration of a fight even in raids almost never lasts longer than 5 minutes. If it does - you're doing something wrong. But then again, raids mean you have access to triple as much longer in duration for those blessings than you have in a 5-man group!

Duration is fine. It's the way paladins getting used to playing isn't.

Quoting me to say "you deserve an ignore" is like the same sh*t as running 3 miles after a man to say you don't care of his opinion. You just played yourself. Never quote me again btw.

Velite

Post by Velite » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:49 pm

Class design is fine and the duration is even better than what it was supposed to be.
Worst take of the whole thread. I want you to go try raiding as a ret paladin and see how that turns out. You must be playing a different game than us, or we wouldn't be complaining if things were fine.

Nobody is asking to bring paladins for blessings, everyone wants them for healing on this server. Not like Shamans who everyone wants as many of. The only blessing your raid needs is salvation.
Resident Paladin Expert

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:00 pm

Velite wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:05 pm
Worst take of the whole thread. I want you to go try raiding as a ret paladin and see how that turns out.
Worst complaint of the whole thread. You picked up a support class and what class do you even try to compete with? Rogues? Warriors? Shamans?

The class was designed with the idea of protecting your group/raid and saving the day when things go awry. You want to dps as a paladin? Fine. Do your dps rotation, but as a class which was designed for protection and saving your group, I'm 100% sure you won't be able to dish out as much dps as shamans since these were designed differently! [mad_turtle_head

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:49 pm

Velite is right thought, wf made paladins best buffs might and Kings obsolete on meele groups.

Paladin support is not as amazing as ppl claim. Priest have better support if you ask me

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:49 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:49 pm
Velite is right thought, wf made paladins best buffs might and Kings obsolete on meele groups.

Paladin support is not as amazing as ppl claim. Priest have better support if you ask me
That's going in circles already. WF > BoK or BoM. That's fine. Use other Blessings. Nothing to it.

Velite

Post by Velite » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:12 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:49 pm
Geojak wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:49 pm

That's going in circles already. WF > BoK or BoM. That's fine. Use other Blessings. Nothing to it.
Yes, let me just use all the other blessings that I don't have to support the melee.

Oh wait. You know paladins only really have 5 main blessings, right? knocking out 2 is just knocking out 2 paladin spots in a raid. If you can't give kings and might you've just nerfed the contribution of that paladin by 50%.

You're lecturing us on how to play our class as though you are the master and what you say means that basically any paladin is the star of the show. News flash, reality doesn't work that way.

Also, WF + STR > BoK + BoM.
Resident Paladin Expert

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:17 pm

Velite wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:12 pm
WF + STR > BoK + BoM.
Good. Use those instead. There's no problem.

Velite

Post by Velite » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:40 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:17 pm
Velite wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:12 pm
WF + STR > BoK + BoM.
Good. Use those instead. There's no problem.
There we go again. Why don't we just remove both classes and add one instead just called "Support" and that way we can actually improve it over vanilla shaman and paladin, since it's clear that it's too hard for the devs to improve 2 classes, 1 should be easier. Paladins and Shamans have real problems in vanilla that hold them back from being actually good classes like Warriors.

A warrior can choose what they want to play as in a raid and any option is respectable. The same is not true for paladins and shamans. This is what we're complaining about.
Resident Paladin Expert

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:13 pm

Velite wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:40 pm
There we go again. Why don't we just remove both classes and add one instead just called "Support" and that way we can actually improve it over vanilla shaman and paladin, since it's clear that it's too hard for the devs to improve 2 classes, 1 should be easier. Paladins and Shamans have real problems in vanilla that hold them back from being actually good classes like Warriors.

A warrior can choose what they want to play as in a raid and any option is respectable. The same is not true for paladins and shamans. This is what we're complaining about.
This is where you lost me completely. Sounds to me like you just want flat buffs. crying_turtle

Velite

Post by Velite » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:51 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Velite wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:40 pm

This is where you lost me completely. Sounds to me like you just want flat buffs. crying_turtle
Yes because the point that I and many other people are making is that they need to be buffed if you want to play anything other than a healer in raids and be desired as much as a healer.
Resident Paladin Expert

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:54 pm

The hole point is, mages priest druids don't have to suffer 5 min buffs and their buffs are in my opinion n more not less useful than blessings

Talenne

Post by Talenne » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:15 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:00 pm
Velite wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:05 pm
Worst take of the whole thread. I want you to go try raiding as a ret paladin and see how that turns out.
Worst complaint of the whole thread. You picked up a support class and what class do you even try to compete with? Rogues? Warriors? Shamans?

The class was designed with the idea of protecting your group/raid and saving the day when things go awry. You want to dps as a paladin? Fine. Do your dps rotation, but as a class which was designed for protection and saving your group, I'm 100% sure you won't be able to dish out as much dps as shamans since these were designed differently! [mad_turtle_head
Paladin is just designed to sit in the background casting Flash of Light all day and not the intended fantasy of being a frontline fighter that offers support skills to protect and motivate their allies.

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:58 am

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:38 am
Venytas wrote:

You seem to be a vanilla enthusiast, WHY are you here? this is clearly a server that wants to expand on vanilla, no class on this server is vanilla anymore so WHY are you here if change is so damn bad?
You are just a sad, sad person who wants people to suffer just like you do, but there is one difference, you are a masochist.

And btw. try to be respectfull, even if the idea you support is garbage

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:37 am

petition to make druid thorns, shadow ward and dampen magic 5 min buffs.

fortitude, arcane int, mark 15 mins likee greater blessing.

then we wait for the storm of complaints once they got paladied

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:51 am

Venytas wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:58 am
You seem to be a vanilla enthusiast, WHY are you here? this is clearly a server that wants to expand on vanilla, no class on this server is vanilla anymore so WHY are you here if change is so damn bad?
You are just a sad, sad person who wants people to suffer just like you do, but there is one difference, you are a masochist.

When I started in October '18 on this server it was presented as a slower levelling, roleplaying, with new quests added all over the vanilla flavour server. This means they had plans to bring more depth to the already existing world, bringing quests that were either discarded or just unfinished.

For 2 and a half years I've been helping with reports on bugs, and missing stuff in quests and items … but then came wrath-cata-babies. No derogatory. I mean the time people used to play WoW. Guess what? It's that bloody breed that had a loud mouth with "add this, I want" and "add that, it's cool" so-called suggestions all over again.

Balance?
Naah, never heard of.
Class design?
Meh, it's boring, add s'more of those buffs, just like WotLK, plz!
PvP/PvE concerns on new skills?
LMAO its a carebear server, ded btw, screw that shit

Respectful? To those? Naah, never heard of. Respect should be earned, not granted.

To say that classes aren't vanilla anymore is sort of a stretch. Recent big patch talent changes brought some serious reworks though, that's made some classes even more OP. Angery priest noises.

With some analysis and PvP/PvE balance in mind with OG design intended for classes, it's still possible to bring some sort of balance to classes therefore flat increase of certain spells or abilities is just plain and lazy bad design, to begin with. Even OG Blizz never did that. I'm sure that devs would rather learn from mistakes instead of converting this server into a cash-grab milking project.

Regarding your rude assumption and asking for a respectful response … that's rich. Come back when you grow up.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:52 am

Geojak wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:37 am
petition to make druid thorns, shadow ward and dampen magic 5 min buffs.

fortitude, arcane int, mark 15 mins likee greater blessing.

then we wait for the storm of complaints once they got paladied
You forgot the mana cost nerf then. Bring some metrics instead of nonsense, please.

Thol

Post by Thol » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:43 am

Loved Warcraft III, started playing WoW during the beta, experienced vanilla casually, never did raids back then, was too young and clueless, always loved WPvP (not ganking). Unlike most, I started disliking retail as soon as TBC, I didn't like Barbie and Ken joining the savage Horde, Space Goats coming from a galaxy far far away, flying and daily quests. I think we can fairly say that I'm a vanilla purist, so getting called a Cata baby is funny to me.

I've worked with the 5min blessings for more than a decade so I'm used to them, but still felt like doubling their duration wouldn't hurt vanilla spirit and would be fair, can double the duration of totems like Strength of Earth as well since you consider them mirror classes. It's not like asking for flying or instant teleport to dungeons, and yes I know the path to convenience is slippery and led to retail. And yet, features like tents and +30% XP War Mode were implemented even if they go against said spirit.

I agree with you on the fact that Paladins are (and should be imo) first and foremost a support class and that the hybrid tax should remain, it's true some Ret Paladins want to become the equals of Warriors but it shouldn't be imo, it would just inverse Warriors and Paladins positions. Velite/Laughadin does not want this, he's just trying to find a niche for them that could secure a raid spot for them. One idea I liked was to remove one of the current world buffs and add it as a talent deep in Ret tree (ex: Remove Songflower Serenade and add it to BoK, now at the bottom of Ret tree, Blessing of Kings Increases chance for a melee, ranged, or spell critical by 5% and all attributes by 10% for 5min. The conflict between totems and blessings make Paladins as a whole much less attractive to raid leaders currently.

On the topic of the class fantasy, one thing I find retail did right in recent years was making Holy Paladins more of a melee healer, I think it would be cool if the Paladin could heal from melee instead of staying back while wearing a dress and holding pretty flowers.

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:21 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:51 am
Venytas wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:58 am

When I started in October '18 on this server it was presented as a slower levelling, roleplaying, with new quests added all over the vanilla flavour server. This means they had plans to bring more depth to the already existing world, bringing quests that were either discarded or just unfinished.

For 2 and a half years I've been helping with reports on bugs, and missing stuff in quests and items … but then came wrath-cata-babies. No derogatory. I mean the time people used to play WoW. Guess what? It's that bloody breed that had a loud mouth with "add this, I want" and "add that, it's cool" so-called suggestions all over again.

Balance?
Naah, never heard of.
Class design?
Meh, it's boring, add s'more of those buffs, just like WotLK, plz!
PvP/PvE concerns on new skills?
LMAO its a carebear server, ded btw, screw that shit

Respectful? To those? Naah, never heard of. Respect should be earned, not granted.

To say that classes aren't vanilla anymore is sort of a stretch. Recent big patch talent changes brought some serious reworks though, that's made some classes even more OP. Angery priest noises.

With some analysis and PvP/PvE balance in mind with OG design intended for classes, it's still possible to bring some sort of balance to classes therefore flat increase of certain spells or abilities is just plain and lazy bad design, to begin with. Even OG Blizz never did that. I'm sure that devs would rather learn from mistakes instead of converting this server into a cash-grab milking project.

Regarding your rude assumption and asking for a respectful response … that's rich. Come back when you grow up.

We are asking for 30 minutes duration on similar buffs and you act like we want the jailor or quadruple agent sylvanas + 6000 dailys and resses on every class + portals for everyone. You are absolutely delusional!

Respect should be earned, seriously?! What are you, some sort of medieval warrior? Welcome to the 21 century. You should be respectfull to everyone till the moment they loose said respect, and you lost my respect with the idiotic, disrespectfull shit you post here.
I dont even want to disprove the shit you puke out anymore because you are a lost case.

Dont expect a response to whatever brain poop you are going to answer with.

Hombrehongo

Post by Hombrehongo » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:53 pm

This thread is a mess, didnt knew so many people had such a strong opinion on paladins buffs, what a weird hill to die on. I think it's reasonable to make the 5min buffs 10 minutes instead, it's just an annoyance, this applies to pala buffs, shaman weapons and elemental shields.
But that is just my opinion.