Advice requested for first time paladin player

Robbie272

Advice requested for first time paladin player

Post by Robbie272 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:56 pm

so i decided to try my hand at a meel class here on turtle because all of my toons on retail were casters and ranged such as hunter, warlock,mage and priest

now i decided on a paladin for my first ever meel toon and i was wondering if anyone here could share some helpful advice on how best to level up and just get used to playing the paladin

thanks in advance

Redmagejoe

Re: Advice requested for first time paladin player

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:10 pm

Your gear is more important as a melee than most others while leveling, since it impacts how much damage you take and how much you can take. Always be looking for gear upgrades.

Don't pull more than you can handle, as there's much more peril in trying to disengage than with a class that's already far from the enemy. Conversely, you can take more of a beating wearing Mail and eventually Plate.

Look for openings to heal yourself if you get low mid-combat. Don't try to finish a Holy Light cast with a bunch of things hitting you. Flash of Light x2 should be enough. Worst case scenario, use your bubble to get a big heal cast off.

Be mindful of your mana and don't throw it all into offense in case you need to heal against a tough mob.

For Paladin specifically, sustain is very powerful once you're level 34+. This is when you get Seal of Wisdom and Seal of Light. You can judge them onto an enemy and then use any other seal to benefit from the +Mana and +HP procs. This is especially useful if you decide to go Protection, as without Seal of Command, you'll be using Seal of Righteousness a lot. The extra instance of damage on Righteousness can ALSO independently proc Judgement of Wisdom/Light, meaning each swing could give you 2x Mana or HP.

Any other questions, ask specifically and I'll help where I can. I've been playing Warrior for over a decade and now Paladin up to 57 on this server.