Announced changes to Paladin T1

Karpfend

Announced changes to Paladin T1

Post by Karpfend » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:14 pm

Hello!

First of I really like the love we get with the new prophecy sets and cleaning up our sets stats. One thing I disagree on is the handling of T1 though. Don't get me wrong, giving it spellpower makes it more viable for every paladin specc that is not holy and those guys usually wear their cloth leather combo anyway.

But over time, using this set in a lot of different situations, I really came to like it's value as a tanky healing set. The announced changes would gimp it's healing power by 55, which hurts a lot given the already low addheal it comes with.

One small change I am therefore suggesting is to also give the mentioned pieces +7/+9 healing respectivelly, so to keep it somewhat viable as a niche healer set.

Much love! turtle_in_love_head

Geojak

Re: Announced changes to Paladin T1

Post by Geojak » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 pm

I also don't see why rets both need viable t1 t2 t2.5 aq20 set and zg set.oh and the pvp sets too

IF you want to be holy healer in pvp, ou can't just wear cloth and leather. Having to wear cloth is a disgrace anyway for a paladin.

Now you either get t3 or go home as holy.

Is ret gagn overkill. Better turn t1 in a dedicated pala tanking set imo, or dedicated viable healing set.

Paladins needed sp gear improvements, but not all of their set gear besides t3 had to be returned for that imo.

I met a rly angry fellow holy pvping paladin today. I found his arguments convincing hence this post

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:46 am

Karpfend wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:14 pm
Hello!

First of I really like the love we get with the new prophecy sets and cleaning up our sets stats. One thing I disagree on is the handling of T1 though. Don't get me wrong, giving it spellpower makes it more viable for every paladin specc that is not holy and those guys usually wear their cloth leather combo anyway.

But over time, using this set in a lot of different situations, I really came to like it's value as a tanky healing set. The announced changes would gimp it's healing power by 55, which hurts a lot given the already low addheal it comes with.

One small change I am therefore suggesting is to also give the mentioned pieces +7/+9 healing respectivelly, so to keep it somewhat viable as a niche healer set.

Much love! turtle_in_love_head
Really like this suggestion, approved.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:02 pm

Thank you dragu!

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:38 am

Geojak wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 pm
I also don't see why rets both need viable t1 t2 t2.5 aq20 set and zg set.oh and the pvp sets too

IF you want to be holy healer in pvp, ou can't just wear cloth and leather. Having to wear cloth is a disgrace anyway for a paladin.

Now you either get t3 or go home as holy.

Is ret gagn overkill. Better turn t1 in a dedicated pala tanking set imo, or dedicated viable healing set.

Paladins needed sp gear improvements, but not all of their set gear besides t3 had to be returned for that imo.

I met a rly angry fellow holy pvping paladin today. I found his arguments convincing hence this post
100% agree, it seems like the bastard child of paladin specs is getting all the attention

Butse

Post by Butse » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:25 pm

Most of these changes makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It seems like they're all out to hurt the viability of holy paladins in pvp which (correct me if i'm completely out of touch) doesn't need all their gear removed from them for no reason. It was said that these changes were made to make the selected gear more useful but if anything it makes it less useful since all it did was create some incredibly mediocre ret gear that won't get used anyway while stuff like the old t1 chest which was actually viable in pvp before but now it's absolute garbage.

Really most of these changes makes no sense whatsoever, the t2 8/8 bonus was actually useful and just about the only reason you would ever use the full set, now it's bottom of the bin garbage that makes sure you will never use anything more than the 5/8 set bonus.

If you desperately want to add more ret paladin gear please do so without hurting the ability for paladins to heal in actual plate gear instead of cloth.

Pointless changes that barely add anything to one spec but makes things worse for another should antithetical to everything this project stands for.