class changes

Kashon

class changes

Post by Kashon » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:58 pm

When i saw that this server has class changes the first thing that came to my mind was - "cool, heroic strike will probably be instant? Or maybe they gave scaling to rend so its not completely useless and thunderclap or something?" And its literally none of that. Why? Please change something so its easier to level up... leveling a warrior in original vanilla with no class changes is a nightmare.

Meanwhile paladin gets crusader strike and some other bs strike

Redmagejoe

Re: class changes

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:47 pm

I've seen this argument 100 times and as someone who played only Warrior since 2004, I really don't understand it. Warrior is the most overpowered class in vanilla, and even if it doesn't start that way, it's certainly not a "literal torture in order to reach godhood" sort of experience.

It's a matter of mindset, honestly. People aren't playing Warrior the way they're meant to, because if they did, they'd see that even at low levels, Warrior is pretty easy to coast along on most content solo. I'm not talking about soloing elites or group quests, I'm just saying that what every other class can solo across the board, Warrior can also solo. It may not be able to solo what 1 or 2 classes can, but neither can every other class.

Warrior is a gear dependent class. That means you do quests that give you good gear rewards, and if it's your first character, HIGHLY advisable to pick up Blacksmithing. I notice that people who have problems with Warrior are almost always wearing bad gear. I don't mean gear that isn't min-maxed either, I mean they're wearing whites at level 18. Without lucky world drops and playing the game casually (see: not speed-running) you can easily be decked out in okayish greens that are all you need to do well with Warrior. It is more important than on any other class to try to run dungeons for the blues that drop, while some players might opt to ignore dungeons and just quest or grind on other classes; Warriors SHOULD BE doing these dungeons for gear.

The class does NOT need tweaks. It levels just fine without any problems so long as you aren't attempting to play it like some sort of pro gamer or speedrunner, and it becomes ridiculously strong even with the few changes made to it.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:54 am

Warriors need changes. That is nerfs to their dmamage in bis gear nobody can compete with

Like remove heroic strike queing exploit

Iwmar

Post by Iwmar » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:35 am

Warriors leveling always sucked in Vanilla and TBC. The pay off is massive though, you literally have the biggest D in both PVE and PVP in vanilla WoW once you gear up. No one can compete with you with a healer on your back and you are so broken in PVE that all raid clearing records from vanilla boil down to inviting 30 warriors as both tanks and dps. Don't complain.

Neoulous

Post by Neoulous » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:04 am

Totally agree, war does not need anymore changes.