A couple questions

Tehwarsmith

A couple questions

Post by Tehwarsmith » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Hello, folks,

The impending release of Classic has stirred up some old feelings, and I'm been poking at the idea of returning to an older version of WoW. Burning Crusade is my favorite era of the game in terms of gameplay, but for a long time, I've wanted to really sit down and explore the old, pre-Burning Crusade world, something I never had the chance to do properly back when it was live.

It sounds like Turtle was created with the outlook of exactly this kind of leisurely exploration, so I'm very interested.

That said, the main thing that's turned me off of just playing Classic is the reports of 5-man dungeon content being very easy for modern players. Challenging gameplay is extremely important to me, to give the world that sense of verisimilitude and danger, and 5-man dungeons are something I really, really enjoy. So I was curious about 1. the community - are dungeons regularly run, at a variety of levels, not just 50+? And 2. the server tuning? I know the difficulty of dungeons varies from private server to private server but is generally higher than vanilla. Does anyone know what that's like on Turtle?

I love what I've seen of the community and values so far, and I'm considering giving Turtle a try regardless, but the dungeon situation is important to me. Would love to hear from anyone who can give their perspective!