On the Etiquete of Humor

Leoren

On the Etiquete of Humor

Post by Leoren » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:47 pm

With the sudden influx of players, many people are worrying about what will happen when the edgy and toxic peasants arrive en masse. So we must decide for ourselves what is okay for people to say and what is not.

Afterall we are a community built upon kindness and manners. We cannot allow for it to be tainted by the vile presence of the toxic mongols.

So I propose something that most would consider radical and heretical! We should heavily censor humor and only allow three kinds of humor!

Afterall we cannot just disable the chat it's a MMORPG.

So tell me your suggestions.

P.S. This is a joke.

Cainaanite

Re: On the Etiquete of Humor

Post by Cainaanite » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:55 pm

I'm not sure what the point of making this post is, other than to antagonize. What you think is humor is really you just putting down others that feel differently than you.

Ulfricfan23

Post by Ulfricfan23 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:56 pm

Tbh,there aren't any toxic bois here.There's only one racist and edgy player i've seen here so far,and that's me,Matt,who hates elfs.But then again,that's just when i RP IC.Some people might think it's for real when i get all racist towards elfs but it's just RP smiling_turtle_head
''NEVER TRUST AN ELF!'' ~Gimli
''iNhUmAn BeAsT!"~Grand Marshal Garithos

Leoren

Post by Leoren » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:58 pm

Amreese wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:55 pm
I'm not sure what the point of making this post is, other than to antagonize. What you think is humor is really you just putting down others that feel differently than you.
As a wise man once said. Comedy requires suffering.

Torchie8

Post by Torchie8 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:05 pm

This might be a bit of a shocker, but public chat channels aren't the stage of a comedy gig. Edgy comedy doesn't have to be tolerated even if it's funny, which it often isn't.

Leoren

Post by Leoren » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Torchie8 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:05 pm
This might be a bit of a shocker, but public chat channels aren't the stage of a comedy gig. Edgy comedy doesn't have to be tolerated even if it's funny, which it often isn't.
comedy is subjective, what others find funny some wont. And jokes come naturalily during conversations.

Torchie8

Post by Torchie8 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Leoren wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:23 pm
Torchie8 wrote:
comedy is subjective, what others find funny some wont. And jokes come naturalily during conversations.
I think there must've been an error in transmission, so I'll say it again. It doesn't matter in the slightest if your jokes are funny or not. Public chat channels aren't an arena for people to show how hilarious, edgy and anti-PC they are, so they have no right to complain if they get shot down. If you think it's just friendly banter, then keep it in whispers or PMs where nobody else has to read it.

Leoren

Post by Leoren » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:39 pm

Torchie8 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:36 pm
Leoren wrote:
Torchie8 wrote:
I think there must've been an error in transmission, so I'll say it again. It doesn't matter in the slightest if your jokes are funny or not. Public chat channels aren't an arena for people to show how hilarious, edgy and anti-PC they are, so they have no right to complain if they get shot down. If you think it's just friendly banter, then keep it in whispers or PMs where nobody else has to read it.

The thing is, if you don't like it. don't look at it, don't think of it. Problem solved.

Torchie8

Post by Torchie8 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Leoren wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:39 pm
Torchie8 wrote:
Leoren wrote:

The thing is, if you don't like it. don't look at it, don't think of it. Problem solved.
Telling people to go out of their way to avoid interacting with others on a RP server isn't exactly the right way to go.
I've addressed this in another post so I'll just link to it: viewtopic.php?p=3317#p3317

Leoren

Post by Leoren » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Well but the thing is, if you don't like the person you can just ignore him. Forcing people to interact with people they don't like is much worse

Aphid

Post by Aphid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Torchie8 wrote:
Leoren wrote:
Torchie8 wrote:
What is it for then? Are you saying that jokes aren't allowed in public chat?

Cainaanite

Post by Cainaanite » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:52 pm

Forcing me to see your typo is also worse. It's "etiquette".

Torchie8

Post by Torchie8 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Aphid wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:47 pm
Torchie8 wrote:
Leoren wrote:
What is it for then? Are you saying that jokes aren't allowed in public chat?
I'm saying that when you say vulgar or edgy things in public chat, "it's just a joke bro" isn't a valid excuse. Just like you wouldn't say those things to random strangers on the street.