[POLL] Multiboxing

Poll: What should we do with Multiboxing?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Allow multiboxing if the player is not abusing it to cause any harm to others or the server health.
43%
Allow multiboxing UP TO 2 ACCOUNTS if the player is not abusing it to cause any harm to others or the server health.
18%
Allow the use of two accounts only for specific actions like professions / trading / filming events and similar situations.
37%
I don't care.
2%

Total votes: 49

Pompa

[POLL] Multiboxing

Post by Pompa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Due to recent events and the confusion caused, it is time to ask our community about this topic.

Do you have any other suggestion or miss a poll option? Post it here.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Maxkelter

Re: [POLL] Multiboxing

Post by Maxkelter » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:45 pm

I think having Multi-boxing would be good for RP purposes, but as the poll suggestions, as long as it's not ruining the fun for others and being abused.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:34 pm

I have few questions about this poll. Why is every option allow. Also how exactly will we measure harm to others and server health.

Feramos

Post by Feramos » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:27 pm

I'd rather like a "No multiboxing" option.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:44 pm

The "No multibox" option is the third one. Obviously there's nothing wrong about using momentarily another account to enchant your character, trade something or filming an event.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:34 am

Personally, I strongly recommend using 3-rd option since it's most healthy for the server with a lower population like Turtle WoW is for now. The thing about multiboxing wouldn't sound like abuse if Turtle WoW had a subscription fee.

PvE could suffer from multiboxing just as much as any other PvP server due to heavily changed economics and farmed items which would impact the flow of the levelling curve as well. How? Gold. So it is best if Devs would stick to the third option here.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com & MMoHuB

Kizzi

Post by Kizzi » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:37 pm

Yes. With the only restriction - don't let them join battlegrounds in the future.

Trakka

Post by Trakka » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:16 am

I'm of the opinion that "Multi-boxing" is where you use third party programs that allow multiple actions on multiple windows/instances of WoW, simultaneously with a single keystroke.
I have personally always lvl-ed with 2 accounts, the 2nd account being a toon on auto-follow. I've heard of this referred to as "Ghosting". Any action on the "ghost" toon would require the user to "Alt-tab" into the window and manually press buttons to perform actions.
No third party programs or scripts or screen splitters. This was never against the ToS in Vanilla retail.
I have stopped this activity atm until we come to a consensus as a community, and am happy to follow any rules.
Full-on multi-boxing i.e. getting hit by 5x Shaman (lightning bolt + earthshock x5 insta-kill) I am dead against. especially in BG's.
2 accounts to PVE and not bother anyone is my thing.
My 2 cents said.
Thanks

Siroko

Post by Siroko » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:22 am

Trakka wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:16 am
Full-on multi-boxing i.e. getting hit by 5x Shaman (lightning bolt + earthshock x5 insta-kill) I am dead against. especially in BG's.
2 accounts to PVE and not bother anyone is my thing.
My 2 cents said.
Thanks
My point of view exactly

Idiotsandwich

Post by Idiotsandwich » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:54 pm

second option