Is this actually an RP server?

Ridley

Is this actually an RP server?

Post by Ridley » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:47 pm

I found this server just recently and gave it a go, but a few things have confused me. Is this a PvE server first, or an RP server first?

I ask because most roleplay servers give you tools for RP; roleplay add-ons, roleplay gear, custom zones or towns, flavor features (tents & campfires come to mind), inter-faction interaction. This server (from what I could explore) has absolutely none of that. Add traditional leveling, hostile mobs & gear dependency and I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to roleplay. You're even expected to roleplay in your leveling gear, i.e. clownsuit, since the server isn't big enough to cobble together a set from the AH nor can you get any immersive, "realistic" attire.

I know the server motto is "take it slow" and that's fine, I respect that. But there is a big difference between driving slow and not having wheels on the car. If you didn't tell me the server was roleplay-friendly I'd assume this was just another vanilla server. Am I missing the point?

Also: seeing 12 giant turtles wandering around Tirisfal Glades, right next to flesh-eating zombies, is really bizarre and immersion-breaking. I think that might be because I accepted a quest though.

Pompa

Re: Is this actually an RP server?

Post by Pompa » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:49 pm

Hello! It's RP and PvE. Regarding the RP content we are continuously implementing new RP features. We added Dressing Boxes to the store a few days ago. Other examples could be the disguises from the Disguise rogue skill, or the Portable Meeting Stone.

But yeah, we are open to any suggestions players have. Feel free to suggest!

Justice

Post by Justice » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:15 pm

Hello! Welcome to the server.

I think the server is focused in get enough people. This server is doing a lot of things to improve and get more people (It's going well). I have seen people doing RP and other people playing normal so RP depends of you.

I suggest you to join us. Meet the community (Its a nice one). If you like to RP I'll present you the people thats RPing. I think there is one RP guild so that will be nice for you.

PD: Excuse me if I write somenthing incorrectly.

Broglin

Post by Broglin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:16 am

The RP aspect is present in many forms, but a lot of people here just want the PvE so be patient. Myself, I am normally in character (of which there are a few) and that includes odd posts in World chat.

Some folks will only want to RP if they are next to you in /s or /em terms and I've had everything from playing out a starter zone quest to people wanting to sit and tell you their life story. As Justice said, there are a few guilds to pick from if you wish, one dedicated to organising more roleplay (but not in guild chat) and others just for the company that mix people talking in character as well as those that do not.

I look forward to seeing you in Azeroth *raises his mug of ale*.

Kainnee

Post by Kainnee » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:30 am

To be honest, this game will never be more than "RP-light". It's just not designed for more. I usually don't "roleplay"; Too many people who confuse roleplaying with speaking in aristocratic language and sitting around a campfire. If you need special clothing to roleplay I really don't know what to tell you.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:53 pm

I barely ever role play...
I think of my troll as myself.

What you see me saying on that character is what I'd say if I was him. I'm honest and simple guy.

I'm here for rates (0.5x) and imo, if this was pvp realm I'd be 100% happy. Since it's PvE + few features that I digg, i'm 95% happy.

I take that I'll fix those 5% by myself after some time.
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Parcival

Post by Parcival » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 pm

Welcome to the server!

As for the Roleplay - the server isn't a fully-fledged, RP centered one as some others are on the interweb; the main focus is still PVE, but with an emphasis on taking it slow, therefore working out the toxicity some other vanilla servers have (the race to max lvl, hard core raiding, etc.). Roleplay is still present on the server - simply play the game and meet new people and you'll have some buddies to begin your RP adventure in Azeroth.

As for RP gear - since the playerbase is small at the moment, the AH doesn't include much if any vanity items, but that shouldn't discourage you. There are many people online who will be glad to help you cloth your character - especially some simple attire, which can be crafted with little of any valuable and expensive materials from a moderately skilled crafter. For some other items you wish to acquire which can't be crafted, it is best you set out your desired appearance before hand, keep it in mind while questing and leveling and store those items (world drops, mob drops, dungeon drops or quest rewards) - I do this all the time and have a special bag in my bank just for that.

Azothan

Post by Azothan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 am

Parcival wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 pm
Welcome to the server!

As for the Roleplay - the server isn't a fully-fledged, RP centered one as some others are on the interweb; the main focus is still PVE, but with an emphasis on taking it slow, therefore working out the toxicity some other vanilla servers have (the race to max lvl, hard core raiding, etc.). Roleplay is still present on the server - simply play the game and meet new people and you'll have some buddies to begin your RP adventure in Azeroth.

As for RP gear - since the playerbase is small at the moment, the AH doesn't include much if any vanity items, but that shouldn't discourage you. There are many people online who will be glad to help you cloth your character - especially some simple attire, which can be crafted with little of any valuable and expensive materials from a moderately skilled crafter. For some other items you wish to acquire which can't be crafted, it is best you set out your desired appearance before hand, keep it in mind while questing and leveling and store those items (world drops, mob drops, dungeon drops or quest rewards) - I do this all the time and have a special bag in my bank just for that.
Man, I am glad I found this server. It is good to know that there are players that are like me and don't feel the need to rush to end game. I'm all about the adventure to 60 and the community building. You guys seem like you guys really found that balance for the average player that just simply enjoys the game for its story, atmosphere, and gameplay.

I also like to RP but I try not to force it... I wait for an opportunity and if it feels right, I'll participate. So I feel like I found my new home.