One thing regarding GA: Bloody Tournament

Owondyah

One thing regarding GA: Bloody Tournament

Post by Owondyah » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:05 pm

I see alot of ppl taking part in that lately...

Makes me wonder... all you pvers suddenly went nuts and went full pvp mode? Nahh... I don't think so.

Feel free to hate me but this tournament is very easy to abuse and should not reward XP rewards imo...
I'm fine with this trash ZG gear but XP awards should be removed. Seriously easy to abuse and get Ks upon Ks of xp without proper effort.

Entire tournament should be taken closer look at, as it's concept is good but win trading is seriously easy thing to do here.
That makes it kinda easy xp/grab...

Just the fact 2 days after it's launch we have guys with 250 marks on a realm with less than 50 online... it's fishy and needs rework.

Apologies to all who find themselves offended... nothing personal, I say: keep your stuff but event needs rework
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Pompa

Re: One thing regarding GA: Bloody Tournament

Post by Pompa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:06 pm

15 Bloody Coins equals to the same XP as a quest (sometimes a bit less because quests appear at these levels: 1, 15, 30, 45, 55). I have personally examined the player who has obtained the ring and he did it rightfully, doing more than 12 hours of PvP without win trading with some other folks around his level (4x).

XP rewards are also a good way to encourage low level players to attend to the arena.

Sorry but the tournament is working as intended and any hint of evident win trading will be investigated and, if required, punished.

So, to make it clear: 0 players have exploited the tournament so far. And, in the hypothetical case that a player will exploit it, and no staff member noticed, which is very unlikely, it won't be a noticeable advantage since a normal routine of grinding / questing should provide equal, if not more, XP / hour.

With our little community, and even if we are a PvE server, we want to give to people who eventually want to do PvP the ability to earn rewards and make their play time more enjoyable.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Good to hear but I'm still skeptical over this...

I'd remove xp awards... realm is promoting questing not farming xp in one place.

If there is some uknown method to me, you'd need to be present in arena 24/7 to know if someone is win-trading or not.

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Owondyah wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:18 pm
I'd remove xp awards... realm is promoting questing not farming xp in one place.

I'd second that. I'd love to see those taurens (enter any other race) adventure outdoors and encounter people around with some RP on for it.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:01 pm

We promote a slow paced gameplay and quests are a good way of exploring the world and having fun, but players are not forced to obey us. You could level only grinding mobs, or only repeating appropriate instances of your level endlessly if you wanted to, that's up to you.

As a side note, you would need approximately 11000 Bloody Coins to level from 1 to 60. Being very, very, very optimistic you will need 17 - 18 days played to obtain them, which is a lot more of time than the average time played to level from 1 to 60.

I hope it's very clear and I don't need to justify it more. Along with the Horde / Alliance Commendation Signets used to gain reputation with cities, these are rewards to incentive low level players to attend the arena.

Regarding your worries about how to detect win trading, don't worry and trust the staff.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Pompa wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:01 pm
Don't worry and trust the staff.
I'll roll with that.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:11 pm

ok...

let's roll insidious_turtle

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link