Faction balance in pvp?

Teurikh

Faction balance in pvp?

Post by Teurikh » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:42 pm

I understand that this server is focused on PVE, but still I would like to have as many fights with players as possible. As far as I know, the Alliance is almost twice as big, but aren't they PVE players? I ask players who go to bg and participate in other pvp activities to answer how things are with this.

Dannyp19921

Re: Faction balance in pvp?

Post by Dannyp19921 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:14 pm

If you look at the Population Graph (under "Our Features" on the main page) you can see that the Alliance is actually slightly outnumbered. According to the PvP section specific Battlegrounds are cross-faction, but I haven't tested it out myself.

Historically, PvPers tend to go Horde, while RPers and PvE-oriented players tend to pick Alliance. If you want fights, Alliance is probably your best bet, as there are more Horde to fight and they're more active in PvP. Also probably shorter BG queues on Alliance. And you help the faction balance. Just my 2 cents.

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:11 am

Dannyp19921 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:14 pm
If you look at the Population Graph (under "Our Features" on the main page) you can see that the Alliance is actually slightly outnumbered. According to the PvP section specific Battlegrounds are cross-faction, but I haven't tested it out myself.

Historically, PvPers tend to go Horde, while RPers and PvE-oriented players tend to pick Alliance. If you want fights, Alliance is probably your best bet, as there are more Horde to fight and they're more active in PvP. Also probably shorter BG queues on Alliance. And you help the faction balance. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the answer

Adunai

Post by Adunai » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:40 pm

Dannyp19921 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:14 pm
If you look at the Population Graph (under "Our Features" on the main page) you can see that the Alliance is actually slightly outnumbered.
Wanted to start a new thread, but here's this one, so I will ask here. Why has it been the case? Why has the Horde overtaken the Alliance in population in 2022? Is it due to the rise in competitiveness in Turtle's playerbase?
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:50 pm

I would guess, the server uses to be a hardcore vanilla diehard fan server with rp focus.

Nowadays the server is getting more influx of younger power game people who zugzug and pvp.

Horde racials are still by far superior for horde. Unnerfed hardiness is the major offense here.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:47 am

the racials are the one blizzard invented. They are not the end of the world. there are thousand of tons of videos of alliance players who pwn OPhorde racials. It all boils down to individual skill. As always.

Dannyp19921

Post by Dannyp19921 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:59 am

Actually it turns out the Population Graph had a bug previously; apparently t's the Alliance that is the majority faction. However, people told me in-game that Horde players tend to have Warmode more active than Alliance players. So if it is World PvP you want, it still could be better to play Alliance if you want fights in the open world.

However, I worry that Alliance keeps getting more and more popular compared to Horde, which could lead to a big faction imbalance. I hope the devs keep this in mind and make some incentives to play the minority faction.