Gamepads

Velmerk

Gamepads

Post by Velmerk » Wed May 11, 2022 6:26 am

Thinking of coming back to twow, ive gotten used to sitting on the sofa playing Elden ring and was wondering if anyone has been able to get a controller to work with for twow, if so some information would be great as I cant find any.
Velamir. Leveling warrior.

Geojak

Re: Gamepads

Post by Geojak » Wed May 11, 2022 7:04 am

I experimented a bit with steams streaming software on classic with console port addon.

Console port doesn't exist for vanilla thought

Velmerk

Post by Velmerk » Thu May 12, 2022 7:12 am

Blagoroden7812 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:51 am
Controller configuration
This dude seems to have been able to config a controller?

Bleedredstars

Post by Bleedredstars » Thu May 12, 2022 11:54 pm

I've used a program called Joystix Pro since original TBC to play WoW with controllers. There's a free trial on the site, but it's a one time $20 charge to own. I'm sure likewise you can find free profiles through Steam and whatnot, but I've never looked into them since I've been using this setup since ~2007. I even prefer it over ConsolePort, which came later, and it works with any version of WoW you throw at it since it just uses the default keybindings. I don't use any special UI for it since I just memorize what the buttons correspond to.

I made a video showing it off with text to voice software since I'm too awkward to use mic. I didn't list it because it's pretty bad, lol.

Velmerk

Post by Velmerk » Wed May 18, 2022 7:05 am

NICE ONE!! Thank you for going through all that effort. gonna try this out when I'm home from work.