Has Turtle WoW really delivered on its bigger promises?

Sinrek

Re: Has Turtle WoW really delivered on its bigger promises?

Post by Sinrek » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:38 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:38 am
Sinrek wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:05 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:26 am
So far the developers have done lots of things to differentiate the server from a typical Vanilla WoW server. Although a 300 player population is not that big, it's also not that small and they have made sure Alliance and Horde can group together if needed to do content.

I just wish there were like 500-600 players instead so it feels more lively and hopefully attract even more people in turn.
There's something you can do to improve this situation - spread the word. Invite friends and those who suffer Classic WoW penalties. satisfied_turtle
When I tell my friends about the server, they say "meh, this is boring" or "meh, this sucks" and if I mention the server somewhere on the internet, I get accused of being a shill promoting a server.
Is that the same as "didn't try, I know it's bad" type?
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:58 am

Sinrek wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:38 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Sinrek wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:05 am

There's something you can do to improve this situation - spread the word. Invite friends and those who suffer Classic WoW penalties. satisfied_turtle
When I tell my friends about the server, they say "meh, this is boring" or "meh, this sucks" and if I mention the server somewhere on the internet, I get accused of being a shill promoting a server.
If you're talking about the friends who play WoW that I told them about the server - yes - they don't like to think outside the box and would rather pay Activision to play and then bitch about it how bad everything is and still say how that's better than private servers.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:04 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:58 am
Sinrek wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:38 am
Allwynd01 wrote:

If you're talking about the friends who play WoW that I told them about the server - yes - they don't like to think outside the box and would rather pay Activision to play and then bitch about it how bad everything is and still say how that's better than private servers.
Bipolarity galore… Sad. sad_turtle
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:21 am

you cant compare TWoW and Classic WoW cause the mentality is completely different ....

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:45 pm

Presentation does matter, I agree. But this post feels more like a "Aha, gottem" than anything else.

The focus of the expansion content we've released were High Elves and Goblins, which we did release. Granted there are some kinks and bugs that we are continuing to iron out, but I would argue those races were the big promises that we've managed to deliver.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:55 pm

how the post feels like would probably up to interpretation person to person.

To me, the message of the post is simply that you guys saying "soon" but 2 years is not "soon". So its probably more about the Presentation rather than if you delivered or not.

Kir2run4fun

Post by Kir2run4fun » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:53 pm

Someone probably should pin it somewhere that "soon" here usually means months. And that's just how things are here.
Doesn't mean you have nothing to do meanwhile though. But things go very slowly here in general.
Kinda agreed with Jim about the presentation point.
Marta

Derikom

Post by Derikom » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:53 am

The general sentiment just seems like you have trouble controlling your excitement about projects. Yeah, seeing the promise of new stuff on the horizon is awesome but there's been a constant world-wide convergence on immediate gratification that I think is the real problem here.

T-wow promised to release an expansion coming soon that would be in two parts, you've already had part one which was released pretty quickly by indie dev timeframes compared to its announcement, what you're really upset about is that the entire expansion isn't already playable. As far as I'm aware they've never promised even a specific timeframe on a release without sticking to it well within acceptable parameters, and they definitely never promised the second part of the expansion would come out within/near a given timeframe.