Dungeon Finder addon for Turtle WoW

Skalman

Dungeon Finder addon for Turtle WoW

Post by Skalman » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:49 am

There might be a post about this, but since can't find it, I post here:

You can now search for people for dungeons with the Turtle WoW addon "Looking for Turtles". Works like dungeon finder in retail, except that you will not be portaled to the dungeons. You can queue for many dungeons at the same time also!

Download here: https://github.com/CosminPOP/LFT

Click "Code", and "Download ZIP". Extract the folder from the ZIP, and rename it "LFT" (remove the -master). Put it in your addons folder: <client installation folder>\Interface\AddOns\

When using it, you will automatically also join in the "LFT" chat channel. Make a new chat window for it and/or filter it as needed.

The more people that use it, the more efficient it is for people to find others for dungeons.

Unangwata

Re: Dungeon Finder addon for Turtle WoW

Post by Unangwata » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:48 pm

In game periodical message about it would help

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Added to addons.
Would not have been able to do so without this posting.

/salute

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:31 am

Having used this add-on for a few days, one of the things that I find annoying about it is that it tends to mess up the order of my chat channels somewhat randomly when logging in. This makes me wonder if borrowing a bit of coding from Spam Throttle would solve the issue.

Essentially what happens is the addon doesn't delay when it tries to activate upon login. Spam Throttle does have a delay before activation upon login, thereby allowing everything else to launch/load in "normally" before activating Spam Throttle. I'm thinking that "borrowing" that bit of behavior coding from Spam Throttle to incorporate into LFT would be wise so the "noisy spam" of the LFT channel doesn't prematurely override the ordering of all the other standard chat channels (Local Zone, Trade, Zone Defense, Guild Recruitment, World).

Hopefully being able to copy the implementation delay seen in Spam Throttle into LFT would be a relatively trivial bit of coding update to do, since there's an already working example of how to do it available.

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:55 am

Hello !
Thanks for the post.

If your channels mess up try to /leave LFT and relog.
Latest version > 0.0.2.4 will not spam the channel prematurely anymore.

Cheers.
E.R.

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:31 am

Skalman wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:49 am
When using it, you will automatically also join in the "LFT" chat channel. Make a new chat window for it and/or filter it as needed.
the underlined part is false
don't make a new chat window, don't filter it, that channel is used for addon communication only
E.R.