A long journey comes to an end...

Chlothar

A long journey comes to an end...

Post by Chlothar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:33 pm

Fellow people of Turtle-WoW, dear friends i found on this unique server.

Today i have to announce that i am leaving the server......and WoW. This decision wasnt easy because this server is very unique and i`ve made many friends on my journey through the lands od Azeroth. I also want to say thanks to everyone who crossed my ways and shared fun times on the leveling road, dungeons and raids. It`s not only the server which is unique also the community made this server a memorable adventure. I wish you all the good luck in the world ingame and in real life.
If you wonder why i am leaving. There are many different reasons but the most important is that i want to change my priorities and have more time with my family.

Take care good people. Cheers, i`m out!

Torta

Re: A long journey comes to an end...

Post by Torta » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:38 am

D:

You will be very missed, Chlothar!

Thanks for being a part of our server. I wish you all the best in your life and hope to see you coming back to see us one day again :)

Safe travel in real life!

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:47 am

And yet another hero hangs his sword and shield upon the mantle. You will be missed, brave paladin crying_turtle
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Weilan

Post by Weilan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Yeah I quit 2-3 weeks ago too. Reached level 37 and then couldn't bear the slow leveling anymore and deleted my character, along with WoW and went to play other MMOs instead.

This server's first mistake was having x0.5 XP rate. It was somewhat fixed when they made it x1 XP so at least it was normal.

But after playing WoW for so many years, I realized how painfully slow and annoying leveling is in Vanilla. Even with tents on this server, it's still slow and annoying. If anything, the XP rate should increase as follows:

- 1 - 20 - x1 XP Rate
- 20 - 30 - x1.5 XP Rate
- 30 - 40 - x2 XP Rate
- 40 - 45 - x3 XP Rate
- 50 - 55 - x4 XP Rate
- 55 - 60 - x5 XP Rate

With a dead server such as this that barely passes 100 players a day and even allowing Horde and Alliance to group together, it still isn't enough for a healthy population so many things are impossible to do, like dungeons or whatever. I've spent 5-6 hours a day playing and see the same guy for 1-2 hours spamming in Global chat that he is looking for people for a dungeon, when nobody answers him after 2 hours he gives up and leaves.

Then there is the problem with how annoying and boring leveling is in Vanilla when your class uses 2 buttons and even questing and killing mobs becomes a huge pain in the neck. It's even worse when you have played WoW before many times and there is nothing new to see for the first time. If it was your first time playing the game, exploring the classes, the zones, the story, it might be bearable, but when it's far from your first time, it's a bore on such a dead server.

What's worse is that the few other Vanilla servers that are slightly more alive are only alive because they are PvP.

I'm not keeping any hopes that the XP rates on this server will even increase more than what they already are. I also may be an exception and everyone else might be perfectly content with the leveling speed on this server, but the main reason I quit and deleted my character was because I couldn't take the slow and painful leveling in Vanilla anymore, it's just artificially slow and annoying and not fun at all.

Took me a few years of attempting to reach 60 on various Vanilla servers to find out I don't enjoy this one bit - in fact I hate it. I only enjoy leveling between level 1 and level 20, after that it becomes a huge pain for me and then I realized WoW is no longer a game I can enjoy. Even after 25,000+ hours spent in the game since 2006, even failing 10th grade and having to repeat it, because I only played WoW all day and nothing else. Even if I still love WoW, I also hate it just as much. Time for me to leave WoW behind for good and finally go enjoy other MMOs, which are less time-consuming for all the wrong reasons, like artificially elongated leveling process for no good reason at all and a disappointing and even more time-consuming end game that leads to absolutely nothing worthwhile.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Weilan wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:22 pm
This server's first mistake was having x0.5 XP rate. It was somewhat fixed when they made it x1 XP so at least it was normal.
So ... your complaint is Hardcore Mode, which is completely --> OPTIONAL <-- and is only enforced by Player Choice.

maintenance_turtle

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Took me a few years of attempting to reach 60 on various Vanilla servers to find out I don't enjoy this one bit - in fact I hate it. I only enjoy leveling between level 1 and level 20, after that it becomes a huge pain for me and then I realized WoW is no longer a game I can enjoy. Even after 25,000+ hours spent in the game since 2006, even failing 10th grade and having to repeat it, because I only played WoW all day and nothing else. Even if I still love WoW, I also hate it just as much. Time for me to leave WoW behind for good and finally go enjoy other MMOs, which are less time-consuming for all the wrong reasons, like artificially elongated leveling process for no good reason at all and a disappointing and even more time-consuming end game that leads to absolutely nothing worthwhile.
So long then and thanks for the time.

Weilan

Post by Weilan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:45 am

Roxanneflowers wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:18 pm
Weilan wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:22 pm
So ... your complaint is Hardcore Mode, which is completely --> OPTIONAL <-- and is only enforced by Player Choice.

maintenance_turtle
When you read the rest of my post, come back to post something more worthy of my time. I know that XP rate is optional and if you read past the 2nd sentence, you'd know that even a x1 XP rate is too unbearable in Vanilla after level 30.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:37 am

Weilan wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:45 am
you'd know that even a x1 XP rate is too unbearable in Vanilla after level 30.
/points and laughs

Man, talk about First World Problems™ ...

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:05 pm

If you are coming back to complain about a rate you, yourself, said wasn't worth it, then whose time are you really wasting? We'll welcome you back if want to play.

Weilan

Post by Weilan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:52 am

Roxanneflowers wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:37 am
Weilan wrote:
/points and laughs

Seeing when you registered and acting so arrogant makes you look like a jester. In case you don't know a few years ago the x0.5 XP rate was THE ONLY available XP rate, you could not change it, so don't act like you know everything. The developers changed it, because there were like 50 people playing at peak hours on the server.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Weilan wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:52 am
Roxanneflowers wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:37 am
Weilan wrote:
/points and laughs

Seeing when you registered and acting so arrogant makes you look like a jester. In case you don't know a few years ago the x0.5 XP rate was THE ONLY available XP rate, you could not change it, so don't act like you know everything. The developers changed it, because there were like 50 people playing at peak hours on the server.
/points and laughs even harder

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Weilan why are you in such a hurry? Instead of climbing a mountain you would rather take helicopter to bring you to the top, and probably expect same experience. What once you level 60 ?

Skalman

Post by Skalman » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:05 pm
What once you level 60 ?
Exactly. Levels 1-59 are the best, and they go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to fast. :P This IS an RP-server, and even if one doesn't acctually rp, it means it is the LEVELING that is the "thing" on THIS server. Some like it, some don't. For some this server fits, for some not. It doesn't make this server bad (acctually probably the most fun server out there) or anything. Just different.

It's acctually the other way. At 60 it feels more like work than relaxing fun (the mega grind getting quests and reputation done and getting gear). But this is the situation in ALL MMOs. Less grind. No 1000000 run through Scolomance, LBRS, UBRS, etc. etc. to get a QUEST item to drop. As a minimun make QUEST items (even if they are a gear piece) drop 100% too all killing that boss. I took a "break" from (Turtle) WoW after spending 4 hours on a run in a UBRS raid group where I was only the hunter. OF COURSE the raid leader invited another hunter after 3,5 hours (near end), and after killing the last boss (which drops the hunter quest item at 20% chance) I lost the roll on the quest item to the "30 min" hunter. No thanks! I had enough. This way it is not fun. I might come back ... maybe ... but there IS something wrong, and it's not the "slow" leveling.

Weilan

Post by Weilan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:51 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Weilan why are you in such a hurry? Instead of climbing a mountain you would rather take helicopter to bring you to the top, and probably expect same experience. What once you level 60 ?
I love the leveling experience, I just started playing WoW since 2006 and I was hoping one of these servers with extra content would help me enjoy the leveling experience again. I thought I enjoyed leveling in an MMO more than anything else. But last I played it showed me how many downsides Vanilla has and how annoying it can be. It's not that I want to level up really fast, I just want a smooth transition. What made me call it quits was leveling through Stranglethorn Vale and facing NPCs that were so annoying it just wasn't fun anymore, I was struggling to complete a single quest for like 2 days, well not 48 hours on and on, but I log in today, I try for like 30 minutes, I fail, I try tomorrow for like 30 minutes, I fail, I try to grind XP with tents for 2-3 days to gain some levels, I try the quest again, I fail... at this point it's no longer enjoyable, it feels like working a job you hate you you don't even get paid anymore. And it was at that time I had the realization I no longer have fun and quit. Now I'm waiting to see Goblins and High Elves, but other than that I don't think I can enjoy WoW anymore, this server is my last hope, other versions of WoW - WoTLK, CATA, TBC are so malformed they don't even entice me.
Roxanneflowers wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:59 pm
/points and laughs even harder
Kid you are severely mentally retarded.
Skalman wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:45 pm
Unangwata wrote:
What once you level 60 ?
Exactly. Levels 1-59 are the best, and they go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to fast. :P This IS an RP-server, and even if one doesn't acctually rp, it means it is the LEVELING that is the "thing" on THIS server. Some like it, some don't. For some this server fits, for some not. It doesn't make this server bad (acctually probably the most fun server out there) or anything. Just different.

It's acctually the other way. At 60 it feels more like work than relaxing fun (the mega grind getting quests and reputation done and getting gear). But this is the situation in ALL MMOs. Less grind. No 1000000 run through Scolomance, LBRS, UBRS, etc. etc. to get a QUEST item to drop. As a minimun make QUEST items (even if they are a gear piece) drop 100% too all killing that boss. I took a "break" from (Turtle) WoW after spending 4 hours on a run in a UBRS raid group where I was only the hunter. OF COURSE the raid leader invited another hunter after 3,5 hours (near end), and after killing the last boss (which drops the hunter quest item at 20% chance) I lost the roll on the quest item to the "30 min" hunter. No thanks! I had enough. This way it is not fun. I might come back ... maybe ... but there IS something wrong, and it's not the "slow" leveling.
The leveling can be fun if you never experienced it. If I could wipe my memory of WoW and start over, I'd probably have a blast, but doing it for the Nth time is just not fun anymore and you start seeing all the flaws, which were previously easier to ignore, because you were having an adventure, exploring things for the first time and generally having a blast. When you play WoW for years, especially the same expansion, you start to see it flaws and it just gets old. I hoped the changes on this server would motivate me to enjoy Vanilla, because leveling is my most favorite of experiences, but it just isn't enough. Some people may enjoy it and that's amazing, I'm happy for them, but their experience is not mine and I'm interested in my experience...

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:21 am

Weilan wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:51 pm
I was struggling to complete a single quest for like 2 days, well not 48 hours on and on, but I log in today, I try for like 30 minutes, I fail, I try tomorrow for like 30 minutes, I fail, I try to grind XP with tents for 2-3 days to gain some levels, I try the quest again, I fail...
Lacking specifics (which quest?) it's hard to know for sure ... but there are quests in almost every zone that are intentionally designed to be nigh impossible to solo but far more easily accomplished with a group. Sometimes even a group of 2 can "easily" clear what would otherwise be frustrating to the point of maddening for a soloist to attempt (and repeatedly fail at). If all you're doing is playing for 30 minutes at a stretch, it sounds unlikely that you're resorting to asking if anyone else in zone needs to clear the same quest(s) as you do.

Even if it's a temporary party for only a single quest, it can sometimes make a huge difference in the amount of difficulty that quests presents you with as a soloist.

But then ... what would I know about such matters, eh? wary_turtle

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Weilan wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:51 pm
I hoped the changes on this server would motivate me to enjoy Vanilla
and I'm interested in my experience...
There is no easy solution for this unfortunately. When I'm burned out I forget game for some time, only to come back later when wave appears, or inspiration. Or just take a break. I don't think changing xp rates will affect that experience. Or try different classes, experiment, builds: I recommend beast o'melee hunter (check class forum) if you never played such. Our mind changes perception, altering the game won't help much.