Burning out/bubble bursting

Realnicolbolas

Burning out/bubble bursting

Post by Realnicolbolas » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 am

Long time Player here. Wanted to ask and talk about in all honesty, that iv'e lost all real motivation to keep playing WoW.

It really dawned on me that i don't like PVE content, in execution it's essentially a long grind for gear so that you can grind harder content. I feel genuinely uninterested and unmotivated to keep continuing on like i did before. Before i was motivated to Aquire the Atiesh caster legendary, but then it dawned on me. Why bother? In the end the Loot isn't really worth it. it feels like a rat race that if i want to keep playing with everyone else, i have to devote more and more time i do not have.

PVP is not worth my time because i simply am not good at PVP, i know that i can't win against people whose whole characters are dedicated PVP Specs.

In the end, the real reason i would play is for the Roleplay, and the stories i could take part in, and even then the RP scene has stagnated. all of the guilds aside from one have fallen by the wayside, and i simply can't afford to stay up till 2:30am anymore for RP. the AQ events and campaign is months/years away, And i have no idea if the Introduction of High elves will really add any real reason to keep RPing.

In honesty, maybe this game just isn't for me. I like games that i can load up and play with people on the spot (Warcraft 3 & 2 for example,) maybe this isn't just something i should keep playing.

Sinrek

Re: Burning out/bubble bursting

Post by Sinrek » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:03 pm

I'd be trying to pursue talking you back into the game, pointing out your own words as motivation factors and advocating huge depth of the game's concept for you to still explore, alas, I see you've decided to quit for good and overall worn out on this, so I'll just put it simply, old but gold; please consider donating your belongings, gold, bags and whatnot to new players, perhaps even make an RP event with freebies to those who first come… whatever floats your boat.

Otherwise - see you back again in about half a year, mate.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:02 pm

Do what makes you happy. Don't force yourself to do something you don't like.
Shaman Raid Tank, Priest Tank, Rogue Tank, Support Warrior, etc... I'm Livestreaming!

Lantsei

Post by Lantsei » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:10 am

The game definitely shouldn’t begin to feel like a chore. Maybe you’ll want to return to the game later, when your motivation returns, but don’t force it!
I wish you well, and perhaps we’ll meet again some day.
HC Sponge - Gnome Warlock
Talisera - Gnome Warrior
Lantzei - Tauren Druid
------
#LetGnomesBeHunters

Joy

Post by Joy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:09 pm

You shouldn’t worry. Interests wax and wane, it’s natural.

As well as trying new things, I often take breaks from old ones, at times prolonged ones or for good.

Then the desire to pick up an old interest suddenly comes out of nowhere and I rediscover how much fun the activity is.

That really is a very beautiful thing about life. :)