All want for Christmas is playable Death Knight

Olgert

All want for Christmas is playable Death Knight

Post by Olgert » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:42 pm

Really, that's the only one reason I'm playing WoW, and while I found that Turtle has the best server conception as sequel to WC3, the only one thing that left for Turtle to be the ideal server for me - is Death Knight's, not as Wotlk class, but as conception of dead warrior with death magic turtle_in_love_head (and mb Demon Hunter coz I dont like when 50% of server becomes DK's so DH is balancing this).

1. And while I understand that DK is not going to be released soon, I gonna ask what is the class more similar to it? I tried Pal and Warr and cant tell who is the closest one.

2. Also it would be ideal for me to play as High Elf (with donate skin), but I can't stand about the Alliance faction, so is it some sort of possibility for FFA or smth in WPvP? To play as High Elf and kill the Alliance players (I really do hate dwarfs and those hobits) (I'm not a PvP mindless griefer, I just like RP PvP)

Thanks in advance for your answers smiling_turtle_head

Allwynd01

Re: All want for Christmas is playable Death Knight

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:58 am

You are free to play any WoTLK server out there. This is Vanilla with a twist. TBC was when the game completely broke its connection with what was canonic and became a fanservice by giving the Horde the Blood Elf Barbie race and Paladin, because they were crying their eyes out that Alliance had better classes. Alliance players never cried they didn't have a Shaman. Class identity comes from the fact that only Alliance can be Paladins and only Horde can be Shamans. WoTLK only strengthened that stereotype and so did further expansions. There is no lore-friendly reason why a Death Knight will want to stop serve the Lich King and turn against him.

If anything, this server needs more faction-specific classes that makes both faction more desirable to play for that specific reason.

I am completely opposed to the idea of having playable Death Knights on this server and if they ever arrive, I will most likely quit the server and advise all my friends to stay away from it too. It's up to the developers, at the end of the day, to decide what is best for their server. I will respect their decisions, but it doesn't mean I will always agree with them or accept them.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:16 pm

There is no lore-friendly reason why a Death Knight will want to stop serve the Lich King and turn against him.
This is, of course, the reason undead are not playable, because they love the lich king and would never want to kill him for hiring them. He's a good employer, and the scourge's dental plan is incredible.

Proudwell

Post by Proudwell » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:25 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:58 am
You are free to play any WoTLK server out there. This is Vanilla with a twist. TBC was when the game completely broke its connection with what was canonic and became a fanservice by giving the Horde the Blood Elf Barbie race and Paladin, because they were crying their eyes out that Alliance had better classes. Alliance players never cried they didn't have a Shaman. Class identity comes from the fact that only Alliance can be Paladins and only Horde can be Shamans. WoTLK only strengthened that stereotype and so did further expansions. There is no lore-friendly reason why a Death Knight will want to stop serve the Lich King and turn against him.

If anything, this server needs more faction-specific classes that makes both faction more desirable to play for that specific reason.

I am completely opposed to the idea of having playable Death Knights on this server and if they ever arrive, I will most likely quit the server and advise all my friends to stay away from it too. It's up to the developers, at the end of the day, to decide what is best for their server. I will respect their decisions, but it doesn't mean I will always agree with them or accept them.
"hey it'd be great if Turtle, with its uniqueness, made its own version of a death knight"
"UHH you can go play any Wrath server already!!!"

You understand what I'm saying, yes? You didn't seem to actually read what you are replying to, just the name of the post.

Olgert

Post by Olgert » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:08 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:58 am

Im speaking about WC2 Horde version of the Death Knight's and aslo about WC3 version of DH. I dont want them to be as heroic classes, I would like to see them as regular classes. So your text is pointless. Also I really do hate WoW TBC and farther as a WC3 huge fan.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:28 pm

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Death_ ... rcraft_II)

Well I really can't imagine how those can be implemented into the game, but good luck.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:32 pm

Qixel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:16 pm
There is no lore-friendly reason why a Death Knight will want to stop serve the Lich King and turn against him.
This is, of course, the reason undead are not playable, because they love the lich king and would never want to kill him for hiring them. He's a good employer, and the scourge's dental plan is incredible.
The Forsaken as a playable race are Blizzard's aftherthought, they did not have enough races for the Horde faction and Forsaken as an ofshoot of the Scourge came to be. Blizzard started working on WoW with the Alliance as their main focus, that's why the Alliance zones are better designed. Orcs, Trolls and Tauren were the original Horde races, Blizzard initially had no idea what fourth race to add to the list. Why act so smart?

Kolazar

Post by Kolazar » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:57 am

I for one would love to see a reduced or a what could have been vanilla version of dk's.
a simple solution might be to take wrath talent tree and axe out a lot of them till their down to size.
keep what would be simple or iconic.

simple stat value changes alongside increased cooldown on the death knight runes could make them fit in the slower game pacing.

Hell I often see people roll playing as one already on the server.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:11 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:32 pm
Qixel wrote:
The Forsaken as a playable race are Blizzard's aftherthought, they did not have enough races for the Horde faction and Forsaken as an ofshoot of the Scourge came to be. Blizzard started working on WoW with the Alliance as their main focus, that's why the Alliance zones are better designed. Orcs, Trolls and Tauren were the original Horde races, Blizzard initially had no idea what fourth race to add to the list. Why act so smart?
wut, forsaken were around in wc3, not contrived to make a playable race make sense

and the decision was very easy, considering the location of all the other faction capitals

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:00 pm

Ghola wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:11 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:32 pm
Qixel wrote:

wut, forsaken were around in wc3, not contrived to make a playable race make sense

and the decision was very easy, considering the location of all the other faction capitals
They were playable in WC3, but that's a different game. The playable races of the Alliance were literally the Humans (which also had Dwarves and Gnomes in their ranks) and Elves from WC3, which were already allies in the story there. Horde in WC3 were Orct, Trolls and Tauren. In WC3 the Undead were not allied with the Horde, making them allied with the Horde in WoW is a contrived retcon. There is no reason for the Horde to ally themselves with the Forsaken.

That's why they were an afterthought being added as a fourth race for the Horde in WoW. There were other candidate races to be playable in the game, like Goblins, Nagas, Orgres. Now I don't know why Goblins were not a Vanilla race for the Horde.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:11 pm

Olgert wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:42 pm
While I understand that DK is not going to be released soon, I gonna ask what is the class more similar to it? I tried Pal and Warr and cant tell who is the closest one.
Undead Warlock with sword and stamina galore.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Olgert

Post by Olgert » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:06 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:11 pm
Olgert wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:42 pm
While I understand that DK is not going to be released soon, I gonna ask what is the class more similar to it? I tried Pal and Warr and cant tell who is the closest one.
Undead Warlock with sword and stamina galore.
That's a good point, I even tried it, but as I know, warloks can't play without their pet, and this is meh