SERVER FULL OF GRIEFERS

Kiogrimm

SERVER FULL OF GRIEFERS

Post by Kiogrimm » Tue May 16, 2023 12:10 am

I started 2 days ago on this server. Couldnt even make it out of freakin Elwynn forest because of Horde retards griefing non stop!
Trash server and GMs dont even respond on the maggot ass orc in elwyyn griefing 12hours straight... fk all of u never gonna come again to this garbage

Jolikmc

Re: SERVER FULL OF GRIEFERS

Post by Jolikmc » Tue May 16, 2023 12:40 am

It shouldn't take a player more than maybe three hours to tap out Elwynn Forest on a (very) quiet day. On a busy day with people camping out and waiting for Hogger and Princess, though? Your guess is as good as mine.

That aside… I'm going to guess you were either tricked into flagging for PvP, intentionally flagged yourself for PvP, or picked up the Glyph of War which flags you for PvP. Have you tried… not being flagged for PvP? It might increase your survivability in Hardcore Mode.

Happy gaming~!
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 16, 2023 1:39 am

Kiogrimm wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:10 am
I started 2 days ago on this server. Couldnt even make it out of freakin Elwynn forest because of Horde retards griefing non stop!
Trash server and GMs dont even respond on the maggot ass orc in elwyyn griefing 12hours straight... fk all of u never gonna come again to this garbage
Thank god. You sound like an absolute dumpster-fire of a human being. The server will be a better place without you.

Fizzler

Post by Fizzler » Tue May 16, 2023 2:24 am

Kiogrimm wrote:
You should take a look at xroads some day. It looks great after they been cooked alive
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Boyo - Goblin Warrior 60

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue May 16, 2023 6:19 am

Play warmode win stupid prizes

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue May 16, 2023 6:25 am

Yeah there's just more and more toxic people coming... I was doing some level 20 quests on my 60 for the title.... Anyway this guy leveling whispered me spamming TOXIC ASSHOLE stop killing these mobs... I then ignored him and proceeded to get whispers from his alts.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:54 am

I went through Elwynn Forest around the end of April and I had no issues with griefing. Also I didn't have PvP on so Horde could not attack me. I didn't even see many Horde in Elwynn Forest, probably 2-3 level 60s riding their mounts around, all throughout my time in Elwynn Forest. Same with Westfall - probably saw 1-2 Horde in total, I have no idea what business they have in Alliance zones, I can't find a reason to ride my mount around Durotar or Mulgore on my level 60 High Elf Paladin, seems like a pointless waste of time.

I've only had some slight competition in the very beginning with fighting over quest mobs with other players, the first 10-15 levels were slightly annoying, but after that it got much better. Now I'm level 25 in Wetlands and I have no trouble questing.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Tue May 16, 2023 1:43 pm

Kiogrimm wrote:
You will surely be missed. I am glad you enjoyed your time here.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Tue May 16, 2023 3:15 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:54 am
I went through Elwynn Forest around the end of April and I had no issues with griefing. Also I didn't have PvP on so Horde could not attack me. I didn't even see many Horde in Elwynn Forest, probably 2-3 level 60s riding their mounts around, all throughout my time in Elwynn Forest. Same with Westfall - probably saw 1-2 Horde in total, I have no idea what business they have in Alliance zones, I can't find a reason to ride my mount around Durotar or Mulgore on my level 60 High Elf Paladin, seems like a pointless waste of time.

I've only had some slight competition in the very beginning with fighting over quest mobs with other players, the first 10-15 levels were slightly annoying, but after that it got much better. Now I'm level 25 in Wetlands and I have no trouble questing.
Same stuff the Alliance does when they ride around Durotar and the Barrens: To kill low level Characters that are flagged. That is all their gameplay.

Styopa1

Post by Styopa1 » Fri May 19, 2023 2:56 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:25 am
Yeah there's just more and more toxic people coming... I was doing some level 20 quests on my 60 for the title.... Anyway this guy leveling whispered me spamming TOXIC ASSHOLE stop killing these mobs... I then ignored him and proceeded to get whispers from his alts.
Feels like that's screenshot and complain time.

Gentlebenrawr

Post by Gentlebenrawr » Fri May 19, 2023 4:20 pm

I'm ok with people that use "Retard" as an insult being griefed. Carry on griefers.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri May 19, 2023 4:54 pm

Gentlebenrawr wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 4:20 pm
I'm ok with people that use "Retard" as an insult being griefed. Carry on griefers.
Based

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri May 19, 2023 5:01 pm

I love that the dude didn't even get out of the starting zone and comes to the conclusion that the whole server is full of griefers XD

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri May 19, 2023 6:06 pm

Gentlebenrawr wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 4:20 pm
B A S E D
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Shook

Post by Shook » Wed May 24, 2023 6:16 am

Anyway, I understand you sadness. Rest in peace my little potato.

Styopa1

Post by Styopa1 » Wed May 24, 2023 7:43 pm

Kiogrimm wrote:
How are they killing you if you're not running with warmode/pvp on?

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Thu May 25, 2023 10:14 am

Bigsmerf wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:01 pm
I love that the dude didn't even get out of the starting zone and comes to the conclusion that the whole server is full of griefers XD
Maybe he was angry that day and got angrier for some reason while playing WoW and then decided to complain about it spread his anger.
Styopa1 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:43 pm

How are they killing you if you're not running with warmode/pvp on?
I don't think he said he was being killed. He just said they were "griefing" which I think means other things than just being killed. And yes, maybe he had Warmode or PvP and was surprised there were high level losers from the opposing faction trying to find low levels to 1-shot so they can forget about their real life insecurities.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu May 25, 2023 10:29 am

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu May 25, 2023 1:15 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:29 am
This is pure perfection. Thank you for this gift.

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:48 pm

Don't use warmode then. This server is like 3.5 Alliance to ever 1 horde as well... so it's much worse for them. That being said it's an online game...it comes with the territory. Just turn the flag off and stay away from WPvP if it upsets you. What exactly do you want the GM's to do? you choose to flag which gives any horde player the the right to attack you as they please.

On another note, Elwynn and Westfall are so completely packed it's virtually unplayable. Idk why you would quest there anyway. Alliance as a whole is wat to overpopulated. Roll a Horde Character.
Alyn - Level 60 High Elf Mage

Amalar - level 41 - Night elf Rogue

Uada - Level 28 - Human Warlock

No I never played on Elysium, stop asking me. The name was from the name randomizer.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Fri May 26, 2023 4:14 am

Solution : Grief the Horde back with your lv 60.
Kill their HCs with warmode. Corpse camp their normies to oblivions.
Make Durotar, Barren, Tirisfal, Silverpine paradise of Ally twinks.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri May 26, 2023 6:14 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:25 am
Yeah, I've gotten this from people too. There was an entire guild....I won't name names....but their GM was caught buying gold...so that goes to tell you the caliber of people. I was bored outside Ony waiting for all the raiders to get there and I was killing the elite dragonkin. Some guy was running around elite tagging mobs with his 60 in tow and immediately started with the insults and slurs because I was playing around in a VIDEOGAME. Can you believe the nerve of me, having fun in a game? Totally worth calling me slurs and cursing me out on several toons and having their guild members participate. If the guy had just asked, I probably would've done the killing for them as they tagged. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri May 26, 2023 6:15 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:14 am
This is just toxic behaviour. It happens on both factions. This is why people left classic. The goal isn't to drive people away. Its to welcome them. That way TWoW can generate more donations and grow as a server. If you like PVP, you want more people to join the population. Not get angry and leave.

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Fri May 26, 2023 7:05 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:15 pm
Jongyi wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:14 am
This is just toxic behaviour. It happens on both factions. This is why people left classic. The goal isn't to drive people away. Its to welcome them. That way TWoW can generate more donations and grow as a server. If you like PVP, you want more people to join the population. Not get angry and leave.
it's not a PvP server. It's completely possible to play turtlewow and never engage in PvP at all. People who freak out after getting killed when choosing warmode are toxic in their own right. I'd rather they leave.
Alyn - Level 60 High Elf Mage

Amalar - level 41 - Night elf Rogue

Uada - Level 28 - Human Warlock

No I never played on Elysium, stop asking me. The name was from the name randomizer.

Shroudedsoul

Post by Shroudedsoul » Fri May 26, 2023 7:29 pm

I mean, this is World PvP. Players typically don't want a fair fight. They want to WIN. So, most players that use Warmode will look for ways that they can win and reduce the risk to themselves. It's why griefing will always be a thing if you use Warmode. The only way to get around is to not use Warmode.

Getplucked

Post by Getplucked » Fri May 26, 2023 7:54 pm

>flags for pvp
>pvp happens
surprised pikachu.jpg

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri May 26, 2023 10:15 pm

People keep going on the "flagged for pvp QQ more"...which in of itself is pretty crappy. There's nothing wrong with world pvp. There's nothing wrong with accidentally or purposefully getting flagged. Its just sh*tty sportsmanship to camp. You lose a fight, that's fine. Even if its not a fair fight. But when ppl camp or go to the opposite factions home city, hide where a place the guards cant get them and/or are wiping out quest givers and just taking out low levels....that's sh*tty behaviour. The "because I can" justification is very old hat. What challenge or satisfaction is getting done by doing this other than realizing you are ruining someone's time playing the game? I used to be a toxic pvp'er myself. I never realized I was ruining ppl's day until one time, someone pointed it out. Ever since then, I stopped. I know there are some children who play, but most of us are grown adults. Doing it for the "lulz"...aka ruining someone's day is just sh*tty. If you're fine with being sh*tty...sure, that's fine. But don't get angry or defensive when ppl call you out for it.

And to the pve'ers out there....getting killed once, even by a 60 or a group of ppl isn't griefing either.

At the end of the day, its a game and a community. People are all here to have fun. Try and remember there are real life human beings behind the screens and just don't be jerks.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri May 26, 2023 10:20 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:15 pm
No one is contesting your point or THE point that it's a dick move to attack lower level players regardless. One could argue it's a dick move for a level 10 twink to stake out the exit to the starter area.

The point is not whether people are dicks or not for doing it. The point is that people should accept the potential consequences of their voluntary decisions, and if someone's a dick, well... Yeah, they're a dick. Life goes on. People like me who spent their entire WoW lifetime on PvP servers and despised this sort of shit dealt with it or stopped playing. Eventually, we found this place where, IMAGINE! You don't HAVE to be flagged!

So when someone makes that choice and then makes public posts screaming, DEMANDING the Staff do something about it, that's where we all become shitty and meme at them. It's not the Staff's job to intervene in the consequences of a choice you made. If you want to make a post calling people dicks to vent, fine. Throwing a tantrum and saying you're leaving the server because "GMs won't do anything" when there's no proof he was even being camped in the first place makes you look like an asshole.

tl;dr OP is the asshole here.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri May 26, 2023 10:34 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:20 pm
tl;dr OP is the asshole here.
True. And yeah, the twink campers are definitely a-holes too. But my main point is that something should be doable about griefers. I know the TOS was changed awhile back, then it got abused....but it is an issue that should be addressed. It's not uncommon, especially in starting zones, to accidentally flag. If you're in STV, sure totally valid point. You've had enough time to unflag youself, its a contested zone, etc. Its enough of a concern for enough people that I think it should be worth considering. Just as a point....I literally never noticed the green names vs blue names and I've been playing this game on and off since launch. Someone pointed it out to me a few months ago. I accidentally got flagged a lot and died occasionally here, despite not being WM. But in your home faction city or killed in a starting zone, getting killed by someone of the opposite faction 10+ lvls higher than you?! That's just unconscionable.

As for the OP. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Use less abrasive language and slurs and you just might get a response.

Styopa1

Post by Styopa1 » Sat May 27, 2023 1:39 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:14 am
was surprised there were high level losers from the opposing faction trying to find low levels to 1-shot so they can forget about their real life insecurities.
So...new to the whole MMO thing, yeah?

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun May 28, 2023 12:30 pm

Styopa1 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 1:39 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:14 am
was surprised there were high level losers from the opposing faction trying to find low levels to 1-shot so they can forget about their real life insecurities.
So...new to the whole MMO thing, yeah?
How did you guess? I am indeed new to MMORPGs. I just started not too long ago in 2006 and my first and only MMORPG I've played so far is Internet Reversi. I can tell you are new to MMORPGs too, we have so much in common, we should get married.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sun May 28, 2023 2:58 pm

Turtle WoW: Bringing couples together over the strangest things since 2020. ♥
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Naajh

Post by Naajh » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:50 pm

The server does not prohibit low level hc players from ganking. I don't see that the gankers are doing something wrong.
Is it immoral to gank low level hc? Yeah
is prohibited? No.
For this reason, I and many more will continue to gank low level players and better if they are HC!

Werefox

Post by Werefox » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:51 am

And for the first time somebody admits they are ganking for personal pleasure rather than "Carrying Out Very Important Mission Of Administering the Consequences of Warmode".

Respect, dude.

Fizzler

Post by Fizzler » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:37 am

Werefox wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:51 am
And for the first time somebody admits they are ganking for personal pleasure rather than "Carrying Out Very Important Mission Of Administering the Consequences of Warmode".

Respect, dude.
ganking warmoders to get angry commentary that breaks the TOS is very fun
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Boyo - Goblin Warrior 60