Armored Azure Drake and other dragons...

Ashkir

Re: Armored Azure Drake and other dragons...

Post by Ashkir » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:48 am

A version of the Red Qiraji Resonating Crystal that can be used outside AQ

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:05 pm

One thing is clear for now: for those who leveled their HC before the change and those who want to claim the dragon back, we'll provide such an option in 1.16.4. Once, you'll be able to pick between the dragon and the current mount.

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:42 am

Just on the subject of mounts generally, I know the warpstalker seems to have a lot of fans as the "cool" mount. I agree it is cool, but in the same sense I think an anthropogenic dog wearing sunglasses, a t-shirt and shorts, with a skateboard is cool. To me, the warpstalker screams a 90s sense of cool, like Spiderman's Venom or MC Hammer. Something about the bright ripped lightning pattern on the skin.

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:14 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:10 pm
Duvel wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:01 am
Torta wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:56 pm
The HC mount riding requirement will most likely be removed on the next server update :) Those who couldn't add the mount to their collection due to not having enough gold will be able to place it in their spellbooks.
Will you refund those that had to buy the epic skill while not having any other mount and have their drake stolen???
You still need Riding Skill in general on level 60 to ride faster. The mounts will scale with the Riding skill, nothing is stolen from you. Right now it's simply possible to add HC mounts to the collection without the Riding Skill requirement, but they'll be slow without the skill.
Pretty sure what he meant by this was that in order to even ride the drake we needed the epic riding skill, it wasn't a mount that scaled. It was also the only reason I spent the coin on fast riding with my Immortal, given the option I'd have rather not spent it on that just to ride the mount.

Antonius

Post by Antonius » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:32 pm

Have the option been added back in now and how do we acess it?

Totuga

Post by Totuga » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:26 am

Torta wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:05 pm
One thing is clear for now: for those who leveled their HC before the change and those who want to claim the dragon back, we'll provide such an option in 1.16.4. Once, you'll be able to pick between the dragon and the current mount.
What about the people who started hardcore before the change but finished after? It would be a bait and switch for them.

(Not sure if there are any, just pointing a potential edge case scenario)

Torta

Post by Torta » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:50 am

Totuga wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:26 am
Torta wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:05 pm
What about the people who started hardcore before the change but finished after? It would be a bait and switch for them.

(Not sure if there are any, just pointing a potential edge case scenario)
It's still on a plate, but we haven't gotten a moment to restore it yet.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:14 pm

Since there's been a little discussion here recently, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and say that I find the current Immortal mount a little lackluster. It's easy to say, "Ok, that's Death's horse, showing you beat him", but to me it looks just a little too plain, and...well, three things;
  • Firstly, a death horse feels pretty Fel, and might not vibe with all characters.
  • Second, I feel like the "death horse" aesthetic steps on the toes of Undead mounts a little.
  • Lastly, it just doesn't feel that visually impactful. The magical aspects of the mount are subtle, and don't stand out as something that proclaims "I achieved something big."
Not to open this debate back up, but I feel like something was lost going from the old mount to the new one. The advantage of getting a dragon was that the mount was something that immediately stood out, and looked mythical. The new mount is unique, but it's an armored horse that can easily be lost among other mounts that are armored horses. There's nothing wrong with an armored horse, but if it has to be one, it should be one that can be easily identified.

For me, something like the Tyrael's Charger mount would have been almost perfect. It's a flying mount, but since the wings are streamers of energy, it still looks fine just on the ground. Plus, the glowing streams of energy coming off of it make it immediately recognizable as something mystical. The only way it could be better is if the black horse texture was replaced with something like the translucent, starry one used by the Celestial Steed. A mystical spirit horse streaming with energy? Now that would be a mount that says "I overcame death."