The great WTF topic

Lemoinefu

The great WTF topic

Post by Lemoinefu » Tue May 10, 2022 9:20 pm

I've been thinking for long then, that HC characters die for stupid reasons most of the time ... it's time to tell how and why you added a line to the memorial stone turtle_tongue_head

My first ( and certainly not least smiling_turtle_head ) Tale. Do not hezitate to add your own contribution(s) below :

Lemoinefu

Re: The great WTF topic

Post by Lemoinefu » Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 pm

Threeanvils, Troll Shaman lvl 14

Was going easy in the Drygulch ravine, ( green quest lvl11 Securing the lines ) until she was aggro by add and add and ... add ... not even respawns....

... Well, this Jamaican rum is stronger than I thought dead_turtle_head
Last edited by Lemoinefu on Wed May 11, 2022 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fizzles

Post by Fizzles » Tue May 10, 2022 11:09 pm

I leveled an alt named Evilfizzles to level 10 at a high speed with war mode and HC on. I died to this skull NPC named <Engie>.

No offense though, that was on me for turning on war mode

Lemoinefu

Post by Lemoinefu » Thu May 12, 2022 11:19 am

Sevenfloor Orc Hunter lvl14

Lurking in Barrens Oasis, surprised by Snapjaw hidden in the water. I stepped away to let my boar keep build some tanking aggro and dps with my bow... Very bad idea, becasue I almost simultaneaously got a lvl15 Kolkar Bloodcharger respawn or patrol - didn't see coming ) on me. The Snapjaw killed my pet, you guess what happened then.... GRRRRRR

My hunter was decently armed ( two hand axe 6.8dps ) and armored, the pet was 125% dmg bonus, and I used a lesser hp potion and armor roll buff ..... I'm disgusted

=> NEVER GO in the Oasis before lvl16, it is not worth otherwise

Tuuuddhjy

Post by Tuuuddhjy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:42 pm

Yaarghh 12 lvl orc Warrior

Was killed by Baxxil - bugged NPC, after being beated it's still attacking player. You can't runaway because NPC becaming like your pet and run with you at same speed

Keddr

Post by Keddr » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:38 pm

I stopped at the Crossroads near the tents, walked away for 5 minutes - returned to the character selection menu already dead. Not pleasant, because I do not see my mistake here. Maybe this mode is not for me.

Druid 14 lvl

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:28 pm

Keddr wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:38 pm
I stopped at the Crossroads near the tents, walked away for 5 minutes - returned to the character selection menu already dead. Not pleasant, because I do not see my mistake here. Maybe this mode is not for me.

Druid 14 lvl
It's likely you were accidentally flagged and an alli showed up and one shotted you. It happens a lot.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Johnnyqu1d

Post by Johnnyqu1d » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:03 pm

Tuuuddhjy wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:42 pm
Yaarghh 12 lvl orc Warrior

Was killed by Baxxil - bugged NPC, after being beated it's still attacking player. You can't runaway because NPC becaming like your pet and run with you at same speed
I just died the same way. How is this fair? I lose all my progress because of a bugged quest? Is there anything I can do?

Styopa1

Post by Styopa1 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:37 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:28 pm
Keddr wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Druid 14 lvl
It's likely you were accidentally flagged and an alli showed up and one shotted you. It happens a lot.
Or deliberately. I know a lot of players who think that +30% xp is a sweet sweet buff without thinking about the consequences of being pvp flagged as HC.
Last night I saw a (skull) Dwarf Rogue sitting in Xroad inn, shooting people outside from in the inn. I think he killed at least 10 characters.

Styopa1

Post by Styopa1 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:41 pm

LVL8 Tauren Hunter: my those gnolls respawn fast. And low level hunters (with min range & no pet) have very few options.
LVL15 Human Warlock: Westfall; saw some people run out of that house moments before, thought they'd cleared it. They didn't, I panicked and was dumb, causing death.
LVL15 gnome warlock: injudiciously looted something I knew was too close to those 2 casters. I still had stuff under control (I had the VW out) until that skullthumper Trogg spawned. Turns out, that the stun the Trogg can do not only stuns the VW but *resets its aggro*!. As the focus for 2 casters and a melee, it was over in moments.

Feyfolken

Post by Feyfolken » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:58 pm

That one death that made me quite HC mode once and for all;

Lvl 51 rogue, I was doing the quest where you have to kill some captains in the 3 boats south of Booty Bay. Did the two first boats, and then I sneaked to the last target in the third one, killed it, but while I was leaving the boat I went too close to a mob in stealth mode.
I panicked, vanished, went instantly in another mob, then the whole crew was after me.
So I sprinted to the top of the boat and jumped in the water from the side of the boat where there is no ramp, as I believed that the mobs who were running after me would go down by the ramp and swim around the boat to try to get me.
God I was so wrong ><
They did not use the ramp, they all went on fly hack mode straight to me from the top of the boat to the water.
I did not play TW for about 6 months after that.

If you go there, beware, pirates can fly!