Terrifying Moment in the Barrens

Velstex

Terrifying Moment in the Barrens

Post by Velstex » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:14 am

I just had the most terrifying experience playing a HC character.

My girlfriend and I both made druids, Me as feral and her as balance/resto. Today we turned 19 and went to go do our seal-form quest.

After running around Ratchet looking for Oily Blackmouths for water-breathing potions, we decided to get the first half of the seal amulet at the Sludge Fen in Northeastern Barrens.

We walked up to the Sludge Fen and I said to her, "If I remember correctly, there's a rare that can spawn in here, we should be careful." She brushed it off and didn't take it seriously. She swam down to get the amulet, then surfaced. A moment later, she screamed, "OH NO THERE HE IS THE GOOP MONSTER HES GONNA KILL ME!"

I saw her health drop 30% with each hit, and like a reflex, I switched to bear form and instantly put on a taunt as she reached 10% health. We ran out of the Sludge as I was constantly stunned, slowed, and taking a LOT of damage. Turns out it's an elite, not a rare.

She's in tears at this point and I'm just giving callouts, where to run, when to heal without pulling threat, when to heal herself, etc. I start just going by muscle memory at this point, and I REALLY don't want to lose this druid (leveling as turtle as well.) I'm panicking in my head and just trying to, at the very least, keep her from dying.

Taunt off CD, taunt one of the adds off of her, swipe the other 2, quickly un-bear form and health pot, she does the same, back to bear form. Then, as I sit at 15% health, the elite drops aggro, and we had to take on 4 of the non-elites we pulled by running. We barely survived and we were both shaking afterwards.

Morale of the Story: Seal form isn't really worth it.

Paw

Re: Terrifying Moment in the Barrens

Post by Paw » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:51 am

Velstex wrote:"If I remember correctly, there's a rare that can spawn in here, we should be careful."
Morale of the Story: Listen to your boyfriend when playing warcraft!