Seeking Hardcore Advice

Emberlain

Seeking Hardcore Advice

Post by Emberlain » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:30 am

Title pretty much says it all. Brand new to Turtle WoW and, after playing Vanilla multiple times over the years, I feel Hardcore on a Vanilla Plus server is the best way to make the game fresh and exciting again.

Looking for any advice that ya'll can give. I am playing a Rogue for my first character and just recently hit level 10.

Would one good tip be to possibly overlevel the zone you're in so that every mob feels generally easy to kilI? I understand could make it grindy but I would rather be safer than sorry.

Thanks and keep on surviving out there.

Stenerjoe2

Re: Seeking Hardcore Advice

Post by Stenerjoe2 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:39 am

TIps on top of my head, some might seem very obvoius;

Dont go out of your way for a quest.
Travel by roads - If you should have an accidential DC or lagspike.
Dont dive in water (same as above)
Dont focus on speed but survivabilty - Dont save gold for mount but spend it on spells you NEED and consums that makes you stay alive.
Plan ahead - Check which areas in the zones you are about to visit has which quests/mob-level.
Level cooking on your way.

Fight mobs that are 1-2 levels below you ( with rested XP from tents its defo not so bad )

Keep asking yourself this; What is more dull, to start all over or to keep staying safe.

List of things i comonly die to:
Stealthed mobs that ambush me when i've angroed another mob.
Mobs that have anoying repeatable CC that makes it hard to get away (Looking at you, Thornweavers in The Barrens).
Being overconfident and running thru terain instead of roads, meaning i get dazed and smacked to hell by 4 cougars with a 0.30 attack speed (feels like that).
Patroling elites on and off road because im unaware (Dont play when you are tired or really hungry)

Good luck
Emmizabeth - Smite Meme
Kath - Ret Meme
Yuma - Totem Meme

Emberlain

Post by Emberlain » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Stenerjoe2 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:39 am
TIps on top of my head, some might seem very obvoius;

Dont go out of your way for a quest.
Travel by roads - If you should have an accidential DC or lagspike.
Dont dive in water (same as above)
Dont focus on speed but survivabilty - Dont save gold for mount but spend it on spells you NEED and consums that makes you stay alive.
Plan ahead - Check which areas in the zones you are about to visit has which quests/mob-level.
Level cooking on your way.

Fight mobs that are 1-2 levels below you ( with rested XP from tents its defo not so bad )

Keep asking yourself this; What is more dull, to start all over or to keep staying safe.

List of things i comonly die to:
Stealthed mobs that ambush me when i've angroed another mob.
Mobs that have anoying repeatable CC that makes it hard to get away (Looking at you, Thornweavers in The Barrens).
Being overconfident and running thru terain instead of roads, meaning i get dazed and smacked to hell by 4 cougars with a 0.30 attack speed (feels like that).
Patroling elites on and off road because im unaware (Dont play when you are tired or really hungry)

Good luck
Awesome advice.

I got to level 10 with a lot of this in mind but ended up dieing because of being tired after a twelve hour work day. Wish I read this post before I leveled the other night haha. Guess I would rather die at that low level and get the lesson in now rather than later.

R4ndomization

Post by R4ndomization » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:19 pm

Ami wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:48 pm
Awesome advice.

I got to level 10 with a lot of this in mind but ended up dieing because of being tired after a twelve hour work day. Wish I read this post before I leveled the other night haha. Guess I would rather die at that low level and get the lesson in now rather than later.
Pretty much every time I died can be attributed to tiredness contributing to overconfidence.
Sincerely yours,
Moohammood

Signoftheraven

Post by Signoftheraven » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:31 am

Grinding is your friend. Stick to it. Keep questing to a minimum. Plan out the spots your going to grind. Master those spots. Have rested/tent experience at max. At the end of the long boring grind, you will be immortal, and can do all the quests you want for max gold rewards. That's really my only things to add. -Livless the immortal warlock.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:44 pm

Play with a friend on voice.