Keeping Hardcore "Fresh"

Breidr

Keeping Hardcore "Fresh"

Post by Breidr » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:17 am

I really like the idea of this mode. I rolled up a hunter named after my first ever WoW character, complete with "Bubbles" the pet bear.

Great fun is being had, but I'm looking to the future. When [not if] this character dies, what can I do? Make another obviously, but I'm trying to tackle a "problem" I see with the game.

I'm obviously playing outside of the intended constraints of the game. Some content was not meant to be repeated [compared to a game like Diablo with randomized loot and a more bare-bones leveling/progression approach]

It actually got me salivating over the idea of a "hardcore" game being made in the Style of Lost Dungeons of Norrath. An MMO/ARPG mashup that combines randomness with the deliberate pacing of an Tab Target game.

But, that's neither here nor there, for now, we focus on the wonderful things that have been given to us. Any tips on avoiding repetition and burnout as my characters die?
Brandal Millbridge - Hedge Wizard

Snot

Re: Keeping Hardcore "Fresh"

Post by Snot » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:38 am

Hey...
Reroll different classes.
Alternate continents for levelling 1-20.
Grind on different mobs for levels 1-20 between quest hubs.
Take different skills.
Don't rush or try to be perfect in the development of your character, you may lose it anyway.
Make sure to take cooking, fishing for a few extra buffs.
Respec using a talent calculator and dont spend any point unless it helps you survive, in other words ignore damage talents.
Roll different class race combinations you can always pay a small fee to get the race, look, name you want at 60.
I guess finally, try to make a level 10 and 20 bank that can do alchemy, herbalism/ Mining, armoursmithing/ tailoring, leatherworking etc. At least with the ability to make consistent armors and pots your pretty much guaranteed to get through the first 25 levels on decent gear and potions alone. Especially if you can snag some swiftness pots, LAP's, FAP's and LUP's.