Re: Hardcore Mode: Player tips for SURVIVING Hardcore

Snot

Post by Snot » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:53 am

I thought it might be interesting and beneficial to share our experiences of what had caused our downfall as we continue our individual journey's towards immortality. This I hope will provide a thorough list of things to keep in mind that help in our survival, plus it will give us all a chance to show others how and why we died while providing valuable insight to newcomers of Hardcore Mode and Guild Comrades.

The single rule that MUST apply to your comments here is that it comes from a perspective of previous personal experience throughout your hardcore levelling.

Therefore, you MUST have either:
A) Died due to a lack of insight previously - that you now realise in hindsight or
B) Have already achieved IMMORTALITY.

Please respect the list rules and DONT INCLUDE personal opinion based on theoretical assessment of potential situations.

In the hopes of creating a vague format I shall begin...

1. STAY OUT OF WATER!
Cause of Death: Snotburst I and Snotrot (Drowning to fatigue even when swimming above water in certain locations)

2. STAY OUT OF CAVES!
Cause of Death: Snotburst II & Liberta (Some have very fast respawn rates and you can gain aggro from fair distance)

3. TURN ON: NPC NAMEPLATES!
Cause of Death: Snotrot II (In darker, less flat zones you cannot always see all enemies that exist within 360 degrees)

4. DONT DUEL!! (No matter how tempting)
Cause of Death: Demise I (Accepted duel at lvl 11 and died from Serpent Sting) dots will kill you)

5. BE MINDFUL USING THE UNDERCITY ELEVATOR!
Cause of Death: Kombat I (The elevator descends before the door closes so you can fall to your death at low levels.

That's all I have - Please continue using the format above so we can, together create a list that will serve our comrades as great advice and also provide a working historical orbituary of our characters.

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:21 pm

Rares hit hard. Be careful with them. Some also have pets and other horrible things (the engineer in Sludge Fen: Northern Barrens has a pet AND summons exploding sheep that hit for 100-200).

Where possible, pull back to an area where things don't spawn. Then if you D/C you might just live!

Group up! When in doubt bring more people.

Snot

Post by Snot » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:22 am

Nice Advice satisfied_turtle
Anyone else?

Sinrek

Re: Re: Hardcore Mode: Player tips for SURVIVING Hardcore

Post by Sinrek » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:00 am

Ask your guildmates for help?
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Bazou

Post by Bazou » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Some npc in the city is neutral and attackable. My hunter’s pet is set in aggressive pattern, so tragically got killed.

Ami

Post by Ami » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:41 pm

I must reiterate, stay out of the water (learned the hard way).
Don't play when really tired.
Overlevel your zones.
Stay on roads.
Level cooking and consider Herb/Alchemy for potions.
Be patient and cautious at all times.