Staying 59

Fishvendor

Staying 59

Post by Fishvendor » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:53 pm

As it seems, once you hit 60 the hardcore experience is essentially over. You become a normal character and can die as much as you want, and (i believe) you can trade with whomever, interact with non hardcore players (correct me if I’m wrong) but it seems that’s where the journey ends.

Someone randomly mentioned staying at Lvl 59 in game (with the twinking Glyph from speedy)... And it felt like it all clicked. Why end the fun of hardcore by reaching immortality? If more people are interested in staying 59 essentially being ‘max’ in Hardcore, then the hardcore groups can really experience the bit of endgame while still having the risk of dying. I personally think this sounds like the most enjoyable outcome, and I’ll probably encourage whoever I can to consider it... What about everyone else? Doesn’t the finish line sound kind of boring?

Sandtusk

Re: Staying 59

Post by Sandtusk » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 am

So long as they are fine with potentially losing their toon after all that investment, go for it.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:15 am

I see most people being intrigued by the theory, but when the time comes to step out on the cliff, they be all, "Hells no"

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:48 pm

There's a Glyph of Twinking in Speedy's shop. It will stop all XP gain when you carry it.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Dem0nfightr

Post by Dem0nfightr » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:27 pm

I was wondering about how its going to feel weird when you get to 60 and there's no risk. I'm just reaching 20 on hardcore and the risk of dying starts to feel normal (The one time i nearly died i jumped out of my chair tho) . There could be a glyph or quest when reaching 60 to get the immortal title but then choose to become mortal from the same quest giver.. awesome RP but kick in the balls if they died! He would have to retire somewhere peaceful

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:39 am

Dem0nfightr wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:27 pm
I'm just reaching 20 on hardcore and the risk of dying starts to feel normal (The one time i nearly died i jumped out of my chair tho) .
My advice to normalcy is only using white quality gear. Great way to keep the hand of death firmly clenching your shoulder as you play.

Good luck to 60, mon.

Gravitus

Post by Gravitus » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:54 pm

It's an awesome idea, and if I hit 59 I'm up for it.

I feel that trying to catch up as a fresh HC survivor/fresh 60 on this server to Naxx-geared players with legendries in a low pop environment is a daunting if not impossible prospect. This would usually turn me off from the server entirely, however the 59 HC sounds fresh where nobody's ahead of anyone else.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:59 pm

Say … would you guys like to have an option to play as HC on 60?

We could make an ultimate quest for that so when you complete it you'd remain HC with all rules applied on lvl 60.

What do you think?

Fridrikn

Post by Fridrikn » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:00 pm

It's a wonderful idea, I would love to have this implemented. it would remove anxiety of accidently dinging 60 and losing your HC char (almost happened to me on Shieldmaiden) while giving us more things to do and grind out, new abilities and dungeons.

It would be more of a 'game mode' than a 'challenge'.

Perhaps have a 'Mortal' title given to those who intentionally stay hardcore at 60.

Halith

Post by Halith » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:24 pm

Good idea for those that want it. Since there's already players locking themselves at 59, it'd support the play style and follow the philosophy of supporting multiple play styles on TWoW.

I think it'd be cool if the quest was a chain revolving around the mysterious stranger since they're the one who gives us the challenge, maybe resulting in doing something that requires us sacrificing our immortality. Probably should be 59 requirement or somewhere in the 50 range, transforming the Hardcore ability into Mortal to reflect it.

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:31 pm

HC at 60 is a great idea and i think opens a door to the NEW playstyle and maybe even meta where more and more ppl would play as HC
i was a part of xpoff society of a lvl 20 twinks that play for free on retail for years and i saw that a lot of ppl dont even know it exists or have more than 5ppl playing that way calling us nerds etc. not cuz it is bad but because most ppl live in a way that system showed them to live. So if u have no system to play as HC in the EndGame so u need to invent it by yrself by deleting yr toon at 60 after 1st death or turn XPoff and play at 59. And that is cool to see ppl doing new stuff and being adaptive.
BUT if u have a system that shows ppl a new way with new rewards and TITLES - something u can see like orange name of legendary items, u know it is cool even if u have no idea about lore behind it - thats the same thing. More ppl know it is a thing and not just someone handicaps himself - more players involved into HC.
so more value in what u can achive on that way.

Lothradis

Post by Lothradis » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:02 am

Remaining HC at 60 is something I'd love to do. If I ever get there. I only have HC characters now. Its my default. If there is vote for that, I vote yes.

Hcmodeletsgo

Post by Hcmodeletsgo » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:20 am

Yes please give 60 HC. HC is the only mode I play all my chars are HC and theres just no going back.
getting 60 HC would open so many doors and skills.
Would be nice to have the quest to 60HC be running dungeons and collecting heads from bosses or something. or a tour past things that killed most HC players.
and when we ding 60 we could get "mortal" title?

Petrafons

Post by Petrafons » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:16 am

Sandtusk wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:39 am
Dem0nfightr wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:27 pm
I'm just reaching 20 on hardcore and the risk of dying starts to feel normal (The one time i nearly died i jumped out of my chair tho) .
My advice to normalcy is only using white quality gear. Great way to keep the hand of death firmly clenching your shoulder as you play.

Good luck to 60, mon.
Here's a thought, when you hit 60, have your character only able to use a chosen rarity. I'd say blues only. Then you'd be in a group of HC players all using the chosen rarity set. Would make lots of stuff harder!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:37 pm

Seems like there's some interest for such an option. That's good to know, alas, this idea needs more exposure to the public. Feel free to accelerate the awereness of all HC players we have and direct them to this very topic for contribution in the discussion.

Just make sure it's not a spamfest in HC guild chat. KEKW

Cauvery

Post by Cauvery » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:36 am

3 chars already 59 waiting for 60 implementation

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:22 pm

Please let as much HC players you know as you can. We need to prove that such option should be implemented as a choice for us who want to LIVE as HC until death takes us!

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:18 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:59 pm

We could make an ultimate quest for that so when you complete it you'd remain HC with all rules applied on lvl 60.

What do you think?
I think this could be a great feature.

Here's my suggestion on it.

Dauntless Mode

After a long fought battle, you slay your enemy. As they fall, a rush of exhilaration fills you as you realize--you've done it! You've reached Immortal. Suddenly, you hear slow, gentle clapping. The Mysterious Stranger is applauding you, as he walks up to you. You're confused why he has come to find you again, and you speak to him. He presents you with two options.
Mysterious Stranger wrote:You've done very well, {Player}. You've looked death in the eye and persevered. Now, you've reached Immortality.
{Player} wrote:"I bested your challenge, now leave me be."
Mysterious Stranger wrote:Ahaha, but of course. You're the victorious champion. Immortal! But now... doesn't it all feel meaningless? Insignificant? Nothing matters now. What is left for you now, besides a safe and easy life. Something tells me, there's a part of you who craves the challenge. A part of you who will miss the danger. I could solve that for you, if you have the courage...
{Player} Choice 1 wrote:"Leave me be, you have nothing left to offer me."
Enables Immortal status
{Player} Choice 2 wrote:"I've bested every foe I have come across. How could I fear death when it is a feeling I'll never know?
Enables Dauntless status
While the traditional Immortal title and status will remain, the option will be available to take the challenge once again--to prove yourself truly fearless, and enter the never ending HC mode--to become Dauntless.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:16 pm

Akalix wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:18 pm
Sinrek wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:59 pm

What do you think?
I think this could be a great feature.

Here's my suggestion on it.

Dauntless Mode

After a long fought battle, you slay your enemy. As they fall, a rush of exhilaration fills you as you realize--you've done it! You've reached Immortal. Suddenly, you hear slow, gentle clapping. The Mysterious Stranger is applauding you, as he walks up to you. You're confused why he has come to find you again, and you speak to him. He presents you with two options.
Mysterious Stranger wrote:You've done very well, {Player}. You've looked death in the eye and persevered. Now, you've reached Immortality.
{Player} wrote:"I bested your challenge, now leave me be."
Mysterious Stranger wrote:Ahaha, but of course. You're the victorious champion. Immortal! But now... doesn't it all feel meaningless? Insignificant? Nothing matters now. What is left for you now, besides a safe and easy life. Something tells me, there's a part of you who craves the challenge. A part of you who will miss the danger. I could solve that for you, if you have the courage...
{Player} Choice 1 wrote:"Leave me be, you have nothing left to offer me."
Enables Immortal status
{Player} Choice 2 wrote:"I've bested every foe I have come across. How could I fear death when it is a feeling I'll never know?
Enables Dauntless status
While the traditional Immortal title and status will remain, the option will be available to take the challenge once again--to prove yourself truly fearless, and enter the never ending HC mode--to become Dauntless.
Interesting take.

I'd rather see people lose some equipment for each death they take. Fell off a cliff and died? Lost your helmet for good. Alas, PvP would be a nightmare with that rule, so I would change that to equipment being broken for PvP encounter death.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:38 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:16 pm

Interesting take.

I'd rather see people lose some equipment for each death they take. Fell off a cliff and died? Lost your helmet for good. Alas, PvP would be a nightmare with that rule, so I would change that to equipment being broken for PvP encounter death.
That could be super cool. Could even do a Diablo mode of sorts. Drop a chest on death which only you can loot with your inventory. I don't know how it would feel, but it certainly sounds cool.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:44 pm

Akalix wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:38 pm
Sinrek wrote:

Interesting take.

That could be super cool. Could even do a Diablo mode of sorts. Drop a chest on death which only you can loot with your inventory. I don't know how it would feel, but it certainly sounds cool.
This was suggeted before and even tested on some realms. Results … weren't very attractive. So this option wouldn't be long lived.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:42 am

Akalix wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:38 pm
Sinrek wrote:

Interesting take.

Plz no. This would only incentivize even more toxic greifing.

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:54 am

How about group (expensive with endgame mats, like arcanite) ritual to ressurect fallen char with no gear near its tomb?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Nerasw wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:54 am
How about group (expensive with endgame mats, like arcanite) ritual to ressurect fallen char with no gear near its tomb?
Would really be interesting to see implemented… the question is how'd it exactly work? I don't mean exact materials, I'm talking about what kind of hardships should a group go through to have one of the fallen resurrected like that plus the limitations due to the instance and open world mechanics, not even saying about pvp.

Eikon

Post by Eikon » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:24 pm

I would love to be able to stay HC at lvl 60. Staying lv 59 and raiding without lvl 60 spells is such a handicap.

Nokidding

Post by Nokidding » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:50 am

Same, the option of staying HC even at level 60 is really the only thing I'm missing on Turtle WoW atm.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:09 am

This would be truly an epic addition.

Tristfrukt

Post by Tristfrukt » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:44 am

Agree 100% :) Would love this on t-wow

Jam

Post by Jam » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:31 am

I'm very interested in a level 60 hardcore life as well.
“The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there.. and still on your feet.”

Cauvery

Post by Cauvery » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:34 am

<Hard Chores> Still wanting the 60 implementation, we have a couple epics that are for 60, everyone wants their spell ranks, 12+ active 59 chars. Let's go!

S1atan

Post by S1atan » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:37 am

I would love to stay HC on 60. Normal wow doesn't appeal to me anymore. :) Would love to raid as a mortal character on lvl 60. :)

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:25 am

Sinrek wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:58 pm
Nerasw wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:54 am
Would really be interesting to see implemented… the question is how'd it exactly work? I don't mean exact materials, I'm talking about what kind of hardships should a group go through to have one of the fallen resurrected like that plus the limitations due to the instance and open world mechanics, not even saying about pvp.
mats are the easiest part of implementations - like xN lotus + xN arcanite bars +any endgame pots etc. it can vary.
what about instance/pvp deaths - i see nothing hard about it. if u died at instance - let your tombstone spawn at graveyard.
so just:
- find mats
- pick the quest from some npc at HIGH lvl graveyard ( at winterspring for ex) and get a scroll of ressurection
- find tombstone of fallen HC
- use scroll
- dialog opens
- pick the option (any tombstone in 10m range)
- consume mats and scroll
- res the char with no items
- profit

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:15 am

How can it be that nobody here mentioned the Road 2 Ragnaros event that took place on Blizzards Season of Mastery servers?

We killed Ragnaros with 1 life. I was a warrior tank in the EU raid.

NA continued to push further and also cleared Ony and ZG.

It happening on SoM with the much harder raids made so many ppl think it was impossible, but it happened. The full raids are recorded and can be watched.

The interest was huge in the beginning, unfortunately it all died down after Ragnaros - understandably so due to the difficulty in SoM.

HC at 60 is appealing. What I find weird is that the HC Turtles seem so disconnected from the Classic HC players. <Still Alive> players on Turtle WoW seem to have no idea that <Still Alive> is also the name of the alliance HC guild on Classic WoW and appear to have never heard of the Classic Hardcore discord.
And vice-versa - how come there is no mention of Turtle WoW HC mode on that discord. Why does this disconnect exist?!

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:20 am

The main reason why staying 59 looks off IMO is that raid gear requires 60. It feels pointless to raid and not be able to equip what drops.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:21 am

Shamma wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:20 am
The main reason why staying 59 looks off IMO is that raid gear requires 60. It feels pointless to raid and not be able to equip what drops.
That's a good point too! Also, certain spells require books to be found and learnt which is level 60 as well.

TORTA BRING US LVL 60 HC QUEST ALREADY!!! [mad_turtle_head