Hardcore Rules

Torta

Hardcore Rules

Post by Torta » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Hello, weary traveler!

We are happy to announce a release of a new World of Warcraft gaming mode on Turtle WoW. Inspired by Diablo games and actual Hardcore Challenge of Classic realms, we welcome you to join the true test of your player's skills: leveling as a mortal being.

The ultimate goal of this challenge is to reach level 60 without ever dying. Once you’re level 60, you can participate in raiding and PvP without a risk of losing your character.

To join the challenge, create a character as usual and find the NPC named Mysterious Stranger in your starting location. Accept and complete the quest “Stay awhile and listen…” to become mortal. This decision is irreversible. Your bags, bank and mail items will be erased once you turn mortal.

You will automatically join a guild of hardcore players to help you easily find players who are also leveling hardcore characters. You are free to leave this guild and join any other guild or continue adventure alone.

Rules

• When your character dies, the game ends for you. If you choose to create and play a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk: we will not restore any deceased hardcore characters for any reason including connection problems, bugs, global warming, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever.
• Dead characters will remain locked on a selection screen unavailable for playing. As long as you don’t delete them, characters above level 10 will be displayed on our scoreboard.
• You will be able to trade items and gold only with other Hardcore characters as long as the difference between your levels isn’t higher than 5.
• You will be able to group up only with other Hardcore characters as long as the difference between your levels isn’t higher than 5.
• Hardcore characters can not trade, nor buy on Auction House.
• Hardcore characters can use mail, but with no attachments.
• It is strictly forbidden to multibox if either of your characters is undergoing a Hardcore challenge.
• Hardcore characters are not permitted to get assistance from players outside of their group.

Rewards

At level 60 you will be awarded with the title “Immortal”, unique tabard and a mount.

Unangwata

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Unangwata » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm

Nokia wtf

Please make Softcore mode, with same restrictions but no death penalty.

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:40 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm
Pretty sure that defeats the whole point of the endeavor.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:19 pm

Dasajj wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:40 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Huh? Add another mode with same restrictions but no penalty on death, worse rewards, but you can still enjoy other aspects while playing with peace of mind that you won't lose everything on crash. I thought Turtle is about slow and peace of mind.

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:58 pm

This mod is not for fragile and breakable buddies. The vote has been decided thats it.
Death = end of the dream. But at least, not a delete, maybe.

To add my little idea, it could be possible to log on the realm, but impossible to ress, so u can still be a fantom. That was the useless feature from another realm, but i like the idea, we could do that so all fallen heroes could gather somewhere just for the fun and the accomplishment. And just something more than you dead character written on the ladder.
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:07 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:19 pm
Dasajj wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:40 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Huh? Add another mode with same restrictions but no penalty on death, worse rewards, but you can still enjoy other aspects while playing with peace of mind that you won't lose everything on crash. I thought Turtle is about slow and peace of mind.
I would say making these exceptions is a gateway to an exponential splitting of hairs.

Turtle wow has plenty of features to keep the journey going long after the usual length of time on any other server. This optional mode will encourage even slower gameplay as caution becomes even more key to survival.

If crashing, dc, and bugs were so prevalent on this server to significantly effect the challenge, there would be a bigger audience addressing the point.

Mikeloss

Post by Mikeloss » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:14 pm

Kalocsa wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:58 pm
To add my little idea, it could be possible to log on the realm, but impossible to ress, so u can still be a fantom. That was the useless feature from another realm, but i like the idea, we could do that so all fallen heroes could gather somewhere just for the fun and the accomplishment. And just something more than you dead character written on the ladder.
This,Please!
Let us log into the realm as Spirit! It is useless in itself but it can be a nice feature for Role-Playing.
Maelm the Forest Ranger
"What I have learned from the elves in my youth is what I do for a living. If no one protects us then who will..."

Galan

Post by Galan » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:47 pm

Is it possible to do both hardcore and turtle mode at the same time?

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 am

Galan wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:47 pm
Is it possible to do both hardcore and turtle mode at the same time?
They said yes. You will be able to be in mortal mod, glyph of turtle and glyph of exhaustion all cumulated
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

Bloodigniter

Post by Bloodigniter » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 am

Unangwata wrote:
Nokia wtf

What are the restrictions exactly? What would you play softcore mode for? Are you actually serious, dude? Help me understand. dead_turtle_head A mode where I can't trade and use the auction house for no reason whatsoever?

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:07 am

Bloodigniter wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 am
Unangwata wrote:
Nokia wtf

What are the restrictions exactly? What would you play softcore mode for? Are you actually serious, dude? Help me understand. dead_turtle_head A mode where I can't trade and use the auction house for no reason whatsoever?
I think you answered yourself. Except you see no reason, I wonder what reason you see in anything else ?

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:49 pm

Dasajj wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:07 pm
If crashing, dc, and bugs were so prevalent on this server to significantly effect the challenge, there would be a bigger audience addressing the point.
Perhaps no one will until it happens.

Personally, not dying isn't that big of challenge because when you realize it's the end if you die then you play safe way without risking it. The only threat that remains is technical problem such as dc. That's why I won't even start the challenge. Just my opinion, some may like the thrill.

Not dying is also opportunity for players to try to cheat the system. Like you can go around with your high level buddy and he can kill mobs u tagged or rescue you when in danger. You can even do it with other account. That's why I'm not a fan of death penalty and the race. I would just like to enjoy something like this mode where u depend on yourself, can't use auction etc and play turtle way- slow, but you can die.

Oswani

Post by Oswani » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:49 pm
Dasajj wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:07 pm
Perhaps no one will until it happens.

Personally, not dying isn't that big of challenge because when you realize it's the end if you die then you play safe way without risking it. The only threat that remains is technical problem such as dc. That's why I won't even start the challenge. Just my opinion, some may like the thrill.

Not dying is also opportunity for players to try to cheat the system. Like you can go around with your high level buddy and he can kill mobs u tagged or rescue you when in danger. You can even do it with other account. That's why I'm not a fan of death penalty and the race. I would just like to enjoy something like this mode where u depend on yourself, can't use auction etc and play turtle way- slow, but you can die.
I agree that with the current ruleset avoiding death shouldn’t be too hard, especially since most have been through vanilla a few times.

That’s why currently I’m limiting my gear use to grey-white quality. By eliminating gear stats it puts a greater emphasis on collecting armor kits, sharpening stones, cooking recipes, potions/elixirs, and enchants (usually from other players). But that’s just my restriction to increase the difficulty.

I also agree that currently it’s still possible to cheat the system as you said, but there’s only so much the devs can do with the client and monitoring players.

That type of behavior is unavoidable, so personally I accept the limitation and just focus on getting my toon to 60 as a personal challenge (realm first be damned!)

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Oswani wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:55 pm

That’s why currently I’m limiting my gear use to grey-white quality. By eliminating gear stats it puts a greater emphasis on collecting armor kits, sharpening stones, cooking recipes, potions/elixirs, and enchants (usually from other players). But that’s just my restriction to increase the difficulty.
This is the reason I asked for Softcore mode, all restrictions from hardcore apart from death penalty, so you can have experience you explained within game system, and possibly some reward. I'd like that.

Lothradis

Post by Lothradis » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 am

I can't see the Mysterious Stranger in Northshire.

NVM, not released yet. This turtle can't read.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:24 pm

Torta wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:20 pm
If you choose to create and play a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk: we will not restore any deceased hardcore characters for any reason including connection problems, bugs, global warming, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever.
This is pretty ignorant. You neglect what players may experience when something like that happens. And also take no responsibility for it if it happens. "I don't care"

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:24 pm
Torta wrote:
If you choose to create and play a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk: we will not restore any deceased hardcore characters for any reason including connection problems, bugs, global warming, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever.
This is pretty ignorant. You neglect what players may experience when something like that happens. And also take no responsibility for it if it happens. "I don't care"
Those are original rules of Hardcore gameplay. This is not for everyone.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:49 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:24 pm
Torta wrote:
You can't control who plays or who is appropriate? Thus you create unsafe environment. Death penalty is extreme, you had different options.

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:49 pm
It’s rough but them’s the breaks. Looking forward to a long arduous journey of risks and rewards...if I survive.

Kellc77

Post by Kellc77 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:50 pm

I'm assuming the character has to be level 1? I don't see that written anywhere, but.. or does the stranger start them over as level 1?

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Kellc77 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:50 pm
I'm assuming the character has to be level 1? I don't see that written anywhere, but.. or does the stranger start them over as level 1?
Yep. Just like with Turtle Mode (previously known as hardcore) you have to be lv 1 to start and gain rewards.

Terus

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Terus » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:13 pm

Can we get any chances to get resurected if we die to bugs?
We could make a "tribunal" where players try to demonstrate they died to a bug via screenshots, and the tribunal (other HC players or/and GMs) decides if proof is enough or not.
Some examples are:
  • Dying from fatigue after boat drops you (screenshot with corpse near boat spawn and fatigue dmg)
  • Falling from 1 metre and dying (Screenshoot with no cliffs nearby and fall dmg).
  • Also consider warlock griefing (Doomguard, Infernal, enslave) wich isn´t the case yet, but being a pve server I think should be fair and ease some paranoia going on. :pepelaugh:

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:28 am

Just opens the door to accusations and all sorts of unnecessary stuff. It's like when Blizzard started listening to the playes and basically warped the game constantly for all the lobbying peeps.

Die, just die and accept it.

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:58 am

No, the rules are final.

Kinswald

Post by Kinswald » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:22 am

So does this mean you just have to make it to 60 without dying and then you can die and not lose the character?

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:44 am

yes, basically

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:15 am

Would def like to see an Immortals guild that, ofc, only can be joined by Immortals.

Redredred

Post by Redredred » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:55 am

I would like to try playing a Hardcore character, but I can't find the Mysterious Stranger anywhere in Northshire. The only place I have ever seen the Mysterious Stranger is in the High Elf starting area. Are only High Elves allowed?
I said to stand back, I never said I knew what I was doing.

Pofhc

Post by Pofhc » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:01 am

No, everyone can join.
Might be somewhere in the building.
= Lets try to get this one to 60 =
Manjo

Kinswald

Post by Kinswald » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:23 am

Not a bad idea, survive to 60 then you can use everything again and die without worrying.

Ravielsk

Post by Ravielsk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:05 am

So once you hit 60 you can again use the auction house and mail attachments or is that a permanent handicap?

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:57 am

Ravielsk wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:05 am
So once you hit 60 you can again use the auction house and mail attachments or is that a permanent handicap?
Once you're 60, you can play the game as any other player: use AH, mail, die and raid.

Chponk

Post by Chponk » Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Just died because of dc...pfff

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu May 13, 2021 3:23 pm

Chponk wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm
Just died because of dc...pfff
I was, am, against perma death, mainly because I wanted to spare you this experience.. lol
It's little bit too hardcore

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm

How else would you make it HC???

There's literally nothing else hard about it! You can use all the bonus power gear in the game. It's not like you are relegated to white/grey gear or something that is particularly challenging.

So then, what would be the challenge to make it HC?