Hardcore Rules

Sandtusk

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Sandtusk » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Kellc77 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:50 pm
I'm assuming the character has to be level 1? I don't see that written anywhere, but.. or does the stranger start them over as level 1?
Yep. Just like with Turtle Mode (previously known as hardcore) you have to be lv 1 to start and gain rewards.

Terus

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Terus » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:13 pm

Can we get any chances to get resurected if we die to bugs?
We could make a "tribunal" where players try to demonstrate they died to a bug via screenshots, and the tribunal (other HC players or/and GMs) decides if proof is enough or not.
Some examples are:
  • Dying from fatigue after boat drops you (screenshot with corpse near boat spawn and fatigue dmg)
  • Falling from 1 metre and dying (Screenshoot with no cliffs nearby and fall dmg).
  • Also consider warlock griefing (Doomguard, Infernal, enslave) wich isn´t the case yet, but being a pve server I think should be fair and ease some paranoia going on. :pepelaugh:

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:28 am

Just opens the door to accusations and all sorts of unnecessary stuff. It's like when Blizzard started listening to the playes and basically warped the game constantly for all the lobbying peeps.

Die, just die and accept it.

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:58 am

No, the rules are final.

Kinswald

Post by Kinswald » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:22 am

So does this mean you just have to make it to 60 without dying and then you can die and not lose the character?

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:44 am

yes, basically

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:15 am

Would def like to see an Immortals guild that, ofc, only can be joined by Immortals.

Redredred

Post by Redredred » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:55 am

I would like to try playing a Hardcore character, but I can't find the Mysterious Stranger anywhere in Northshire. The only place I have ever seen the Mysterious Stranger is in the High Elf starting area. Are only High Elves allowed?
I said to stand back, I never said I knew what I was doing.

Pofhc

Post by Pofhc » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:01 am

No, everyone can join.
Might be somewhere in the building.
= Lets try to get this one to 60 =
Manjo

Kinswald

Post by Kinswald » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:23 am

Not a bad idea, survive to 60 then you can use everything again and die without worrying.

Ravielsk

Post by Ravielsk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:05 am

So once you hit 60 you can again use the auction house and mail attachments or is that a permanent handicap?

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:57 am

Ravielsk wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:05 am
So once you hit 60 you can again use the auction house and mail attachments or is that a permanent handicap?
Once you're 60, you can play the game as any other player: use AH, mail, die and raid.

Chponk

Post by Chponk » Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Just died because of dc...pfff

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu May 13, 2021 3:23 pm

Chponk wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm
I was, am, against perma death, mainly because I wanted to spare you this experience.. lol
It's little bit too hardcore

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm

How else would you make it HC???

There's literally nothing else hard about it! You can use all the bonus power gear in the game. It's not like you are relegated to white/grey gear or something that is particularly challenging.

So then, what would be the challenge to make it HC?

Ravielsk

Post by Ravielsk » Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Merikkinon wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm

Easy, you lose EXP and de-level or lose your equipment or your spells or your gold. There is a lot of ways to make a Hardcore mode without perma death. Which btw is one of those things that do not really work in WoW(unless you are cheesing it) because of how mob aggro and respawns work.

On that note I think that HC rewards are kinda weak, especially in comparison to turtle mode. I mean the later really just slows you down and gives rewards every 10 levels. HC quite literary cripples your ability to even make gold and its rewards only manifest at 60 and are entirely cosmetic. It could use some basic tweak like for example higher exp rates: you cannot die but you get more exp(something around 1.5-2x rates). Or something along those lines would fit in nicely with the concept of a hardcore mode. The risk is higher but so are the rewards.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 pm

Ravielsk wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 pm
Merikkinon wrote:

Easy, you lose EXP and de-level or lose your equipment or your spells or your gold. There is a lot of ways to make a Hardcore mode without perma death. Which btw is one of those things that do not really work in WoW(unless you are cheesing it) because of how mob aggro and respawns work.

On that note I think that HC rewards are kinda weak, especially in comparison to turtle mode. I mean the later really just slows you down and gives rewards every 10 levels. HC quite literary cripples your ability to even make gold and its rewards only manifest at 60 and are entirely cosmetic. It could use some basic tweak like for example higher exp rates: you cannot die but you get more exp(something around 1.5-2x rates). Or something along those lines would fit in nicely with the concept of a hardcore mode. The risk is higher but so are the rewards.

I think doing what you're saying defeats the purpose, it sounds like something that wouldn't be the hardcore mode at all.
Sadly this mode doesn't please everyone and we understand that, as I have stated in another post, we don't see a majority of the hardcore community sharing this opinion.

As for the rewards, the title and the mount is all you get because if you were to obtain something every ten level it would defeat the purpose of hardcore gameplay, there is always the optional Turtle Mode.

All in all this mode was created to challenge yourself to do something, prove yourself and others that you can reach level 60 without dying.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Jekka

Post by Jekka » Sat May 15, 2021 11:53 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 pm

All in all this mode was created to challenge yourself to do something, prove yourself and others that you can reach level 60 without dying.
This.
“Nothing is lost. Nothing is forgotten. It was in the blood, the flesh. And now, it is forever.” - Prophet of Hakkar The Soulflayer

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu May 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 pm
Ravielsk wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 pm
Merikkinon wrote:

I think doing what you're saying defeats the purpose, it sounds like something that wouldn't be the hardcore mode at all.
Sadly this mode doesn't please everyone and we understand that, as I have stated in another post, we don't see a majority of the hardcore community sharing this opinion.

As for the rewards, the title and the mount is all you get because if you were to obtain something every ten level it would defeat the purpose of hardcore gameplay, there is always the optional Turtle Mode.

You shouldn't look at what majority says. Exceptional thoughts are rare and you shouldn't expect them from majority, recognize them when they appear. Millions of people use TV but it was invented by exceptional thought, not by force of numbers.. lol. Im not saying my tought is exceptional btwn..

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Fri May 21, 2021 1:24 pm

I think that, just like the BLizzard community (and most communities online), the opinion of the majority really isn't known because not enough to make a 'majority' voice their opinion, and then it doesn't have an official census to it.

There is also the aspect that only a few people read the forum (versus the Discord, which isn't a good forum to gain consensus at all due to the scattershot approach people take with it - reading approach, topic on top of topic). Even fewer comment. So then it is the comment of just a few versus the non-comment/non-awareness of the vast majority of the playerbase.

I think either way, the truth will out.

Nugada

Post by Nugada » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 am

Sorry, but what exactly changes if you manage to get to level 60 (aside from the rewards you receive)? Says you will be able to participate in raids without risk of loosing my character, but is that it? I mean, can't you play normally, use the auction house, trade with other players without restriction, enter PvP areas without the risk of loosing the character, die out of dungeon, etc?

Fin

Post by Fin » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:35 am

Nugada wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 am
Sorry, but what exactly changes if you manage to get to level 60 (aside from the rewards you receive)? Says you will be able to participate in raids without risk of loosing my character, but is that it? I mean, can't you play normally, use the auction house, trade with other players without restriction, enter PvP areas without the risk of loosing the character, die out of dungeon, etc?
When you reach 60 your hardcore character becomes a normal character. All restrictions are removed.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Hannycz

Post by Hannycz » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Chponk wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm
Same, server DC (not my internet), after 5 min of trying to log back in, my almost 20 shaman is dead. Didn't even have aggro before DC. Absolute nonsense. Took all my motivation away tbh.

Glittergold

Post by Glittergold » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:44 pm

Why all the complaining? Want hard, do Ironman like the retail and classic servers do. No potions or buffs, or buff food. No professions. Only white and gray gear, no instances. No skills and yes you register for it so cheating is caught pretty fast. But why would you cheat? Disqualification for using potions, anything other than self buffs or any weapon or gear green or above.
This version of hardcore is a very nice version. It fits in with the relaxed Turtle wow style. I like it. It's TURTLERIFFIC! turtle_in_love_head

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:25 pm

Would it be possible that the death of a HC character does not prevent the player to continue playing it but only loses the HC challenge (not being able to get the title), removing all the restrictions of HC challenge ?
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

Jcarrill0

Post by Jcarrill0 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:13 pm

Rafale wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:25 pm
Would it be possible that the death of a HC character does not prevent the player to continue playing it but only loses the HC challenge (not being able to get the title), removing all the restrictions of HC challenge ?
That defeats the purpose of the challenge right? to keep the items once you die as well?

Mythox

Post by Mythox » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:50 am

@ Kellc77 Yes must be LV 1 st start HC otherwise you would need to reroll and make a Lv 1
Ish-ne-alo por-ah!

Spooky48

Post by Spooky48 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:57 pm

is it possible to have glyph of war and HC active at the same time?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:02 pm

Spooky48 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:57 pm
is it possible to have glyph of war and HC active at the same time?
Yes, it is possible.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Bobas

Post by Bobas » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:44 pm

Hello Turtle community! I tried hardcore mode on classic, but i don't really want to support Blizz anymore, so i wanted to move here, cause i found this server to have the most similar mode to one that i experienced and really loved, even after i, sadly, died. But one thing is bothering me here... Is it still the rule, that even if you die due to a bug or server DC, you still end the challenge? I probably wont create a character here, if that is the case, since it seems really unfair, because that is something that's totally out of your control. I can only imagine dying to untargetable mob, who chased me to oblivion, or reconnecting (after server DC) just to see my corpse. Maybe a video or picture could be valid enough proof that it was actually server's fault that someone died?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:52 am

The rules are final and are not a subject of change, I'm sorry.

Marazmus

Post by Marazmus » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:17 pm

I did not participate in pvp with the horde, but I was killed by the Horde horn while leveling in the western region. The character Marazmus is a paladin for the alliance. It was said that when choosing a hardcore mode, pvp will not be available. How is this understood by the administration?

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:24 pm

We never said PvP would not be available, it was your task to ensure you aren't flagged, I'm sorry. We added a lot of additional restrictions to prevent HC from being unwillingly flagged but there're cases where you have to be careful: do not attack PvP-flagged NPCs or do not buff or heal players with the green names.

Marazmus

Post by Marazmus » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:32 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:24 pm
We never said PvP would not be available, it was your task to ensure you aren't flagged, I'm sorry. We added a lot of additional restrictions to prevent HC from being unwillingly flagged but there're cases where you have to be careful: do not attack PvP-flagged NPCs or do not buff or heal players with the green names.
This must be initially specified at the beginning of the hardcore mode. You didn't notify it from the start, so what. Am I wasting my time? I have everything recorded on video - I stream and record all my content

Marazmus

Post by Marazmus » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:00 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:24 pm
This is incompetence on the part of the administration. I adhered to all the announced conditions at the start. I want to understand this situation. Spoil your own impression of the server by leaving the real facts unresolved